Pretty Maids - Favourite Album?

Geoff

Pretty Maids  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay, there it is. One of the best discographies in the history of hard rock n'roll. IMO nothing in that list is even close to being a dud. 'Planet Panic' is arguably their worst hour, but you'd be harsh to call it a bad disc... just not as good as the others. :) One thing about this band I've realised doing my Ipod stuff here... of all bands I listen to if I did a 'Best of' each band, from every album in their discography I would probably get the best album from a best of Pretty Maids disc. Their best songs are simply stunning. And for that reason, I'm going with 'Spooked' because 'Die with your dreams', 'Live until it hurts', 'Spooked', 'Never too late' and 'Love and a fiction' are just as good as music gets. But 'Jump the gun' and 'Sin-Decade' are just brilliant, as is 'Scream'. The best songs off 'Anything worth doing' are on another planet too... and 'Wouldn't miss you'. Delicious! Plus, the new disc kicks a lot of ass too.

Anyway, which is your fave?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, there it is. One of the best discographies in the history of hard rock n'roll. IMO nothing in that list is even close to being a dud. 'Planet Panic' is arguably their worst hour, but you'd be harsh to call it a bad disc... just not as good as the others. :) One thing about this band I've realised doing my Ipod stuff here... of all bands I listen to if I did a 'Best of' each band, from every album in their discography I would probably get the best album from a best of Pretty Maids disc. Their best songs are simply stunning. And for that reason, I'm going with 'Spooked' because 'Live until it hurts', 'Spooked', 'Never too late' and 'Love and a fiction' are just as good as music gets. But 'Jump the gun' and 'Sin-Decade' are just brilliant, as is 'Scream'. The best songs off 'Anything worth doing' are on another planet too... and 'Wouldn't miss you'. Delicious! Plus, the new disc kicks a lot of ass too.

Tough one Geoff, but a damn good poll! My faves all came in a row when they were in their "prime" with Sin Decade, Stripped, Scream & Spooked. I'm like you though, they really don't have a bad disc. I'm not very fond of anything before Jump the Gun...to much cheese involved I guess.

I went with Sin Decade even though it took some thought (that hurt by the way...thinking that is :) No filler, all killer! It was my intro to the band, therefore my fave! :banger:

JL

I voted for "Scream", it was my introduction to the band.

You can't wrong on almost anything this band has done.

1.Scream

2.Spooked

3.Future World

4.Wake up to the Real World

5.Jump the Gun

6.Sin Decade

7.Anything Worth Doing

8.Planet Panic

9.Carpe Diem

Okay, there it is. One of the best discographies in the history of hard rock n'roll. IMO nothing in that list is even close to being a dud. 'Planet Panic' is arguably their worst hour, but you'd be harsh to call it a bad disc... just not as good as the others. :) One thing about this band I've realised doing my Ipod stuff here... of all bands I listen to if I did a 'Best of' each band, from every album in their discography I would probably get the best album from a best of Pretty Maids disc. Their best songs are simply stunning. And for that reason, I'm going with 'Spooked' because 'Live until it hurts', 'Spooked', 'Never too late' and 'Love and a fiction' are just as good as music gets. But 'Jump the gun' and 'Sin-Decade' are just brilliant, as is 'Scream'. The best songs off 'Anything worth doing' are on another planet too... and 'Wouldn't miss you'. Delicious! Plus, the new disc kicks a lot of ass too.

Tough one Geoff, but a damn good poll! My faves all came in a row when they were in their "prime" with Sin Decade, Stripped, Scream & Spooked. I'm like you though, they really don't have a bad disc. I'm not very fond of anything before Jump the Gun...to much cheese involved I guess.

I went with Sin Decade even though it took some thought (that hurt by the way...thinking that is :) No filler, all killer! It was my intro to the band, therefore my fave! :banger:

JL

Hey mate, I agree the wheels really started to roll from 'Jump The Gun' onwards. I like their earlier stuff... but IMO not comparable with 'Jump The Gun' onwards. :)

• 2023 Gold Donors

Future World was my first dose (that I heard) of these guys and I was hooked. When I traded all my cassettes in for cd's Stripped was the first one I got. This is really hard to just pick one. They all have songs that I love so much. 'Nightmare in the Neighborhood' and 'Please Don't Leave Me' are my favorites from Sin-Decade. From Spooked I really loved ' A Love and a Fiction' and 'Die With Your Dreams'. 'Hell On High Heels' from Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Overdoing and 'Wouldn't Miss You' from Carpe Diem are proof that these guys kept making great music. Overall though, I think I'd have to go with Stripped. I just loved this album. With tracks like 'If It Ain't Gonna Change', 'In the Minds of the Young', 'Heartbeat From Heaven' and my FAVORITE 'Savage Heart'.

A poll of one of the greatest, most-consistent melodic hard rock bands on the planet? Sweeeeeeeeeeet!! :banana: Not really a fan of their very early stuff, but from "Jump the Gun" on, they have never released a bad album, may even be genetically incapable of releasing a bad album, something buried in their DNA literally blocking such a travesty from ever occuring. Sure, "Planet Panic" is the worst of their more recent output, but as Geoff pointed out, it hardly qualifies as "bad." Every CD has had some pure gems, and in their prime ("Sin Decade," "Scream," "Spooked"), nearly ever song they released was a gem.

Tough choice between the three I just mentioned, but I voted for "Sin Decade," which pretty much encompasses everything I love about melodic hard rock/metal. But if it's better than "Scream" or "Spooked," it's by nothing more than the skin of its teeth. Few and far between are the bands that can find the balance between rocking hard and maintaining real melody, but Pretty Maids seems to pull it off effortlessly.

Great band, great poll. :headbanger:

Future World was my first dose (that I heard) of these guys and I was hooked. When I traded all my cassettes in for cd's Stripped was the first one I got. This is really hard to just pick one. They all have songs that I love so much. 'Nightmare in the Neighborhood' and 'Please Don't Leave Me' are my favorites from Sin-Decade. From Spooked I really loved ' A Love and a Fiction' and 'Die With Your Dreams'. 'Hell On High Heels' from Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Overdoing and 'Wouldn't Miss You' from Carpe Diem are proof that these guys kept making great music. Overall though, I think I'd have to go with Stripped. I just loved this album. With tracks like 'If It Ain't Gonna Change', 'In the Minds of the Young', 'Heartbeat From Heaven' and my FAVORITE 'Savage Heart'.

I really like this album too. I remember when I first got it I played the shit out of it! Very laid back but very well written.

JL

"Future World" for me. It was the first one I had heard but like Geoff said, there's not a bad apple in this bunch. :drink:

Future world 'cause like Rycheage and Rockposer was my first Pretty maids album, It was the 7th or the 8th hard rock album I bought 'cause I really love the cover. They should get back to that kind of covers with the " scarlet sexy woman with eyes of gold".

Love games,Rodeo,Eye of the storm,future world are amazing.

A place in the night(my fav),Waiting for the time,Live until it hurts,Partners in crime, Sin decade,Savage heart,Parthers in crime(great),wouldn't miss you,psycho time bomb planet earth,this love,as guilty as you,why die for a lie,lethal heroes(great lyric) are some of my favortie tracks.

They have smart lyrics, I always appreciate this.

Future world 'cause like Rycheage and Rockposer was my first Pretty maids album, It was the 7th or the 8th hard rock album I bought 'cause I really love the cover. They should get back to that kind of covers with the " scarlet sexy woman with eyes of gold".

Love games,Rodeo,Eye of the storm,future world are amazing.

A place in the night(my fav),Waiting for the time,Live until it hurts,Partners in crime, Sin decade,Savage heart,Parthers in crime(great),wouldn't miss you,psycho time bomb planet earth,this love,as guilty as you,why die for a lie,lethal heroes(great lyric) are some of my favortie tracks.

They have smart lyrics, I always appreciate this.

I went for "Future World", with "Carpe Diem" being the worst IMO. I am not as big a fan as most others as the whole 'heavy track then melodic track' just irritates the hell out of me. I do love the new album though, & would be 2nd for me...

I went with Sin Decade!! I remember when i first heard it i had to crank the shit out of Credit Card Lover!! and repeat it over and over!!! Im a big fan of Jump the Gun, Sin Decade, Scream, and spooked!!!! Even like the Screamin Live!! Great fo a live cd!! Later Rich :bananamac:

I went with Sin Decade!! I remember when i first heard it i had to crank the shit out of Credit Card Lover!! and repeat it over and over!!! Im a big fan of Jump the Gun, Sin Decade, Scream, and spooked!!!! Even like the Screamin Live!! Great fo a live cd!! Later Rich :bananamac:

Rich I agree "Screamin Live" was a killer Live album. I blame our friend Jarred for me even liking this band.

Rich I agree "Screamin Live" was a killer Live album. I blame our friend Jarred for me even liking this band.

Blame? So maybe you took a hit in the pocket book but come on....they have been together for 20+ years so there's going to be a lot to catch up on! :P

All joking aside though, everyone should own this bands cd's. I was so blown away when I (we I guess Rich) first discovered them. I guess I need to relisten to Future World & Red Hot & Heavy. I remember them being super cheesy & I recall not liking the way the vox were used. I'll dig 'em out and give them another spin on the way to work today.

JL

Blame? So maybe you took a hit in the pocket book but come on....they have been together for 20+ years so there's going to be a lot to catch up on! :P

All joking aside though, everyone should own this bands cd's. I was so blown away when I (we I guess Rich) first discovered them. I guess I need to relisten to Future World & Red Hot & Heavy. I remember them being super cheesy & I recall not liking the way the vox were used. I'll dig 'em out and give them another spin on the way to work today.

JL

If you give them a spin and you still don't like them let me know if you want to sell them.

I knew 'Future world' was popular amongst most fans, but man did I not expect it to win by so much. It is 7th on my list of Pretty Miads albums (which ain't a bad thing considering the quality of the catalogue). :)

• 2 months later...

I voted Jump The Gun, but Future World is in a definite tie. Then comes Red, Hot, and Heavy, followed by Sin Decade. The rest are blur for me as I didnt follow them quite close after Sin Decade and dont have clear opinion. The new one is a cool one though!

• 2 weeks later...

As a testament to how truly great this band is I could not make up my mind. They have honestly cut some gems in their discography, and as stated probably the most consistently good rock band of all-time. I went with Carpe Diem cuz it's the one I've been playing recently and probably my fav of their newer releases, although their latest is great but I just got that one so for the sake of this poll I picked Carpe Diem. It coulda been just about any one though, it was a matter of which era to pick from, and I felt like they should be rewarded for still releasing kick ass new material to this very day. Hope they go for another 25 years!! :banger: