Concerts

Chris

I have 2:

Def Leppard- Hysteria tour. Dirty Harry's "Did he fire six shots or only 5....." and then blasting into "Stagefright".

KISS- Reunion tour '96- Madison Square Garden- "All right New York...You wanted the best and you got the best....the hottest band in the world.....KIIIIISSSSSSS" and then blasting into "Deuce".

What is yours?

I saw an Overkill gig once where they used a sample from "Scarface" (at least I think it was "Scarface") as their intro before they took the stage... "YOU THINK YOU BIG TIME? YOU GONNA F**KING DIE BIG TIME! YOU READY? HERE COME DE PAIN!" before launching into the song "Where It Hurts" and the whole damn place just went nuts! Awesome!!

Anybody who's ever seen a Ramones show knows that their "The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly" intro tape before they took the stage would always whip the crowd into a frenzy, no matter what song they opened the set with...

Twisted Sister in the early 80's club days before they hit, start off with acdc's long way to the top, then the first song was What u don't know, with Dee singing, GOOD EVENING, WELCOME TO OUR SHOW!!!

Judas Priest forget which tour I've seen them that many times....

Starts off with a strobe flashing intermittently for about 1 minute (crowds going nuts) then the riff to Solar Angels starts and the guitarists appear on two platforms that rose about 15 feet into the air...AND THEN ROB SCREAMS hahaha! Always sticks in my mind that.

When I saw Queensryche on their Empire tour they opened up with Resistance, man Geoff Tate came out screaming what a great show that was with the huge screen behind them and the whole Operation Mindcrime thing going on. Till this day it's the only concert I've been to where my ears where ringing the next day.

• 1 year later...
I saw an Overkill gig once where they used a sample from "Scarface" (at least I think it was "Scarface") as their intro before they took the stage... "YOU THINK YOU BIG TIME? YOU GONNA F**KING DIE BIG TIME! YOU READY? HERE COME DE PAIN!" before launching into the song "Where It Hurts" and the whole damn place just went nuts! Awesome!!

Funny that this one pops up again... since this was posted I have since learned that the Al Pacino bit mentioned above actually comes from the film "Carlito's Way," not "Scarface."

As long as I'm back in here, I may as well mention that seeing Iron Maiden's set this summer begin with a darkened stage, WWII films showing on a huge screen, and Winston Churchill's speech booming out before the lights blew up and the band launched into "Aces High" was exceedingly awesome.

As you were.

Ozzy did an excellent intro when I saw him at Brixton Acadamy. A large projection screen came down with a digitaly added Ozzy appearing in various film and music video clips.

Very very funny.

Was one of the clips for an Alanis Morisette video, if it`s the one I saw on the Frank Skinner show it was hilarious :tumbsup:

a couple i can think of, Metallica's Ecstacy Of Gold intro music (which last year they had clips of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly playing, i think....where an outlaw is running around a graveyard or something) an LA Guns (the Lewis version) with Letting Go, it played through the PA and then afterwards they jumped straight into Slap In The Face like on the album, the transition was seamless!

Rush on the R30 tour.

Started with a medley of old classics, all very low key but absolutely stunning :tumbsup:

"We're Motorhead. And we play rock n roll."

Into Dr. Rock

No bells and whistles (although I like those sometimes).It was classic.

Easy stand out moment for me.............

Love/Hate on the 'Black Out' tour @ The Marquee club in London ('91 ??)

The music from 'Tranquiliser' (later turned into the song 'Tranquiliser' on 'Wasted In America') with flashing strobes straight into 'Black Out In The Red Room'.................

We almost died!

Ozzy did an excellent intro when I saw him at Brixton Acadamy. A large projection screen came down with a digitaly added Ozzy appearing in various film and music video clips.

Very very funny.

Was one of the clips for an Alanis Morisette video, if it`s the one I saw on the Frank Skinner show it was hilarious :tumbsup:

Yes indeed :tumbsup: One of the others I remember was Ozzie sitting next to Forrest Gump on the bench at the bus stop.

Very very funny.

Yes indeed :tumbsup: One of the others I remember was Ozzie sitting next to Forrest Gump on the bench at the bus stop.

Classic stuff mate, so funny :tumbsup:

Well last night Faster Pussycat opened with 'California Love' by Tupac over the speakers. I thought it'd last for 10 seconds and then they'd belt into metal... but they didn't. I think the whole song played before they dropped into something listenable.