Tracks that you..

Wotty

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably been done before,but what tracks grate the hell out of you ???

Example ::

American Pie :: Don McClean

Turn,Turn,Turn :: The Byrds

I think we have

Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves

Come on Eilene - Dexy's Midnight Runners

I think we have had a thread like this before.

Kenny Loggins ~ Danger Zone

Glen Frey ~ Dirty Laundry

Timbuk 3 ~ Future's So Bright

And the song I hate more then any... no matter who is singing it... "Some Kind Of Wonderful" :bigboom: . God what a crappy song. If a band covers that one live, I either go take a piss (wether I need to or not) or leave the club. When I saw Grand Funk Railroad do it a few years ago I left the club until it was over.

I can bear most crappy songs but the one that will always send me into a phlegm spewing fit of homicidal rage is...

"Over The Rainbow" from "The Wizard of Oz."

You would hate it too if your fifth grade class performed "Wizard" as a play for the entire school, like mine did, and you had to listen to the ten year old girl who played Dorothy (whose voice hadn't changed yet) squeak her way through that song dozens of times in rehearsals over the course of a month...while you are wearing a Cowardly Lion costume (yes, I was the Lion... of course, if you knew me back then you'd probably say "Hmm, properly cast.")

To this day, "The Wizard of Oz" is forbidden in my house.

Come on Eilene - Dexy's Midnight Runners

I'll second that. :axe:

I'll "third" that !! :axe:

And I am adding "Footloose" by Kenny Loggins. :axe: What a damn silly song !

I'll probably get hell for some of these but...

Boston's-More Than a Feelin'..I hate that song..well the whole album too.

My sister got it when it was first released and I heard it ALL The Time!!

Journey-Wheel In The Sky...See Above as it all applies here also....

KISS -Rock and Roll all Night..I love KISS but DAMN they have other

songs ya know..quit milkin this one...

Aerosmith-Walk this Way...See above again..

Bon Jovi - anything really...especially Wanted Dead or Alive....("I'm a Cowboy"...damn right you are!)

Meatloaf - Bat Out Of Hell...most of that album.

Another reason I dislike those two above is that I always used to get "non rock" people saying to me

"Ooooh you like heavy rock do you? Do you like Meatloaf and Bon Jovi"........ :explode:

"Yes of course I do ...every single heavy rocker the world over loves them" <_<

Tons of pop pap especially these who anyone outside the U.K. probably has never heard of

Sophie Ellis Bextor

Lilly Allen

The Streets (not to be confused with Steve Walsh's old bunch)

Instant turn the radio off stuff!!!

If it's been done before and even if I replied I have no idea since I can't even remember what I had for lunch yesterday. The songs that cause an instant radio station change for me would be:

Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven

Steve Miller Band - pretty much anything (just way too overplayed)

KISS - Beth

During the Christmas season, I try my damnedest to totally avoid hearing "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" if I can help it... man, I HATE that song... last year I made it all the way thru to December 24th without hearing that cursed song, and then it came on the radio in the car... I went "ARRRRRGH" and immediately changed the station...

During the Christmas season, I try my damnedest to totally avoid hearing "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" if I can help it... man, I HATE that song... last year I made it all the way thru to December 24th without hearing that cursed song, and then it came on the radio in the car... I went "ARRRRRGH" and immediately changed the station...

I can say that about pretty well all Christmas songs. Hate them all. Bah humbug.

95 per cent of most grunge rock!!!!!!

and that goes 99 per cent for rap, except mid to late 80's rap

• 2023 Gold Donors

John Denver - Sunshine. It was overplayed on the radio back in the ancient times ;) so many times that I re-wrote some of lyrics, to a not-so-nice kinda theme. :lol: Snortin' Whiskey by Pat Travers, good song, but, once again, overplayed on radio along with Boom Boom. So much, even now it still is....that I'll turn it off if/when I recognize it, pronto! :wacko:

• 1 year later...

AHHH!

I love this topic because I have more issues than PLAYBOY!

Anything by the BEACHBOYS.....Most of my Rock heroes are dead, but they seem to live DIE ALREADY!! :hammer:

Then there is a song by that TWAT GWEN STEPHANI. I AIN'T NO HOLLERBACK GIRL (Don't know if I spelled it right, but who cares). I hear this fuckin' song five times a day. I'm about to go POSTAL on someone's ass! :doh: