The ultimate late 80's commercial hard rock album

The ultimate late 80's commercial hard rock ablum  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GNR for me...

I went with Hysteria.

I went with Slippery When Wet, not because it was a fovorite, but because it launched so many things... from the hair, the clothes, sound, etc....

I went with Def Lep "Hysteria" but the best album of that time and , in my opinion , of all-time is Whitesnake 1987. Nothing touches that album. 10 out of 10 - Absolute Perfection.

If the same poll was done for songs, although Whitesnake's s/t from 1987 is not my fav album of the 80's, the song 'Here I Go Again' would be my pick as the ultimate 80' hard rock song and music video :tits:

From this list of albums I would pick Hysteria by a fraction over Appetite, with Slippery coming in third. But any of the releases in this poll are fitting of the 'ultimate' title.

Hysteria!

Gee, what a surprise... <_<

Just messin' MJ... I would've been shocked to see you pick anything else!

Hysteria!

Gee, what a surprise... <_<

Just messin' MJ... I would've been shocked to see you pick anything else!

:lol: Haha......guess I'm true and loyal, eh? :lol:

or......maybe just predictable? -_-:lol:

I went with Slippery When Wet, not because it was a fovorite, but because it launched so many things... from the hair, the clothes, sound, etc....

Absolutely right! Floodgates were opened by this album. Though, Hysteria sold a truckload and 1987 had it's share - they were already expected to sell because people were waiting to hear more or expecting another Slippery.

Had to go with the Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet. This was a tough one, had to think back on which of these I listened to the most for the longest back in the day and I think I wore out at least 3 copies of Slippery. However all of these albums are the best of the best.

Slippery when wet. As Studoy stated all of these were great albums. Could have picked any of 'em! These were the best of times! :band:

Went with the Skids, though it easily could've been G'N'R too. I think G'N'R might have been more popular with overall rock fans, but I think the Skid s/t was the more well-rounded album.