The ultimate late 80's commercial hard rock album

The ultimate late 80's commercial hard rock ablum  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mine would be the one that is not there but should be....... Cinderella - Long Cold Winter

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine would be the one that is not there but should be....... Cinderella - Long Cold Winter

Another classic from that era,nice call Dave. :tumbsup:

Totally agree, I voted for 'Appetite', which is a great album, but if 'Long Cold Winter' had been in the list instead of 'Night Songs' I would definitely have voted for it. Shame 'Night Songs' is in there really, as I thought it was pretty average with only 1 or 2 good songs, whereas 'Long Cold Winter' is one of the best albums of all time imo.

th_shrug-1.gif

Even though it wasn't released in the 80s, Van Halen - S/T should be #1 coz without Eddie kicking guitar up the ass and DLR putting the over the top showmanship we wouldn't have had any of those bands everyone has voted for ;) or we wouldn't have had any labels knowing they could make money with that type of music.

Then again I could be full of BS!

1. Gunner - Apetite

2. Whitesnake - 1987

3. White Lion - Pride

Another classic from that era,nice call Dave. :tumbsup:

Totally agree, I voted for 'Appetite', which is a great album, but if 'Long Cold Winter' had been in the list instead of 'Night Songs' I would definitely have voted for it. Shame 'Night Songs' is in there really, as I thought it was pretty average with only 1 or 2 good songs, whereas 'Long Cold Winter' is one of the best albums of all time imo.

th_shrug-1.gif

Wow while I agree that Long Cold Winter is better than Night Songs I do think there's more than two good songs on Night Songs. I'd say there's at least 5 great songs and the other 5 are very good IMO of course.

I really dig all these discs. 'Slippery' has the most filler so, definately not that one. 'Open Up and say Ahh' I love, but it has some of my least fave prime Poison tracks, even though it has some of my faves... 'Hysteria' and 'Jersey' are both almost flawless, as is 'Appetite' and 'Dr Feelgood' is a huge fave to, but to me I think the epitome of 80's "hair metal" has to be Skid Row's debut. 'Youth gone wild' being the anthem of the time and '18 and life' and 'I remember you' are just perfect 80's metal ballads. I don't know, not every song amazes me, but it's what I chose when I saw the list so I guess there's a reason. :)

What tracks would you class as fillers on Slippery When Wet?

The only one I'd class as a filler is 'Social Disease' which never really hooked me. I guessing others would also class 'Without Love' as a filler, althouhg I really like that track. Even the 'no single' trackls are classics... like raise your hands, wild in the streets, let it rock, i'd die for you.

I personally think Skid Row has more (3-4) fillers, but still 5-6 incredible tracks.

Lindsay mate, which sinner dare calls 'Without Love' a filler??? That always has been and still is my fave track off the album. I love it!!! The ones I'd call fillers are:

Let it Rock - To me, just an average track. Does nothing for me at all. Not memorable, IMO.

Social Disease - terrible.

Wild in the Streets - as terrible as 'Social disease' IMO.

Wow, having just done that I may have put my foot in my mouth. I thought there were way more fillers than that. :( I stand corrected. And I agree there are probably more fillers on Skid Row's debut.

Exactly, I'd say that 'Social Disease' is the only real filler track on Slippery.

Another one or two just 'good' tracks, but at least 6 killer tracks.

However having said that, nothing can beat 'Appetite For Destruction'......definitely the best sleaze rock album ever and possibly one of THE best albums ever (it would certainly reside in my top 10 of all time!). Just a kick arse ride from beginning to end.

Cheers