How much does a monkey cost?

JustJason

A rhino would host hundreds of thousands, I reckon.

I guess if you're lucky enough you could catch a Tiger Shark and actually acquire him for a free. As you could a rhino, if you were a local African. But as I don't think we have any here, you'd have to pay up big to get him in your backyard.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A rhino would host hundreds of thousands, I reckon.

I guess if you're lucky enough you could catch a Tiger Shark and actually acquire him for a free. As you could a rhino, if you were a local African. But as I don't think we have any here, you'd have to pay up big to get him in your backyard.

Host hundreds of thousands???

Surely you meant to type Cost.

How tall of a fence would I need to keep a Rhino in?

No, no. I meant to say, a rhino would host hundreds and thousands of tea parties if you wanted to invite your friends over. :anon:

As for the height of the fence, I dare say it would only need to be about 4 or 5 foot tall. The height is not the problem because I don't think rhinos can jump very high. You'd have to make sure it's sturdy, though. Just in case they rammed it.

I keep my rhino in without a fence at all.... :blink:

Guess I should explain that statment...huh? My rhino is surrounded by metal grates with steel bars spaced farther apart then the width of a rhino foot.

I guess if you had a rhino and a tiger shark you could surround the rhino with a channel which could contain your tiger shark. If worse came to worse... and your rhino tried to escape... it would save you a bundle on tiger shark food.

i love a barrell of monkeys!!!!!! i PLAY IT ALL THE TIME!!!!

I also love sea monkeys!!!!!!!!! hehehe

I had some sea monkeys a few years back.....what a fuggin disappoinment.

I remember years ago on the back of the U.S. comics we used to get over here (Spiderman, Hulk, Thor, e.t.c.) there was always advertisements for them showing a happy sea monkey family - with real faces and just begging for a seven year old to buy them. BUT you couldn't get them over here and parental begging just didn't work in my case.

So about 4 years ago I was mooching around a Toys R Us and I came across "SEA MONKEYS - Ghost Galleon" set up. Bang! Out with the money - home - get started.

Now I realised they would be nothing like the picture on the old comics......and I realised they were brine shrimp but what a dissapointment.

I set the water up and added the nutrients and "sea monkey plasma" then added the eggs a few days later. I was overjoyed when after a couple of days I could make out small little dots moving around in my little plastic tank! ACES!!!!!

Anyway they grew and I took good care of them ... sending off for food and treats (bananna food or summat). But they were so BORING.....even adding a small measure of food every few days became a toil to me.

In the end I started to resent them...and they started to resent me. Often out of the corner of my eye I would see them flipping me the bird through the plastic of their tank....but if I turned around quickly they just swam around as if nothing had happened. I used to hide behind the door with it ajar trying to hear what they were saying about me....I could never make out the full story but the ocassional word or phrase like "Jerk" or "Dork" and "I think he has a bad work ethic" would make their way on the breeze to my waiting ears, which were eager for some sure sign of conspiracy so I could act...and ACT WITH IMPUNITY FOR MY ACTIONS WOULD BE JUSTIFIED AND THEIR DOWNFALL WOULD BE THEIR OWN DOING....alas I never quite got the evidence I needed to enable me to confront them.

The ending was quite messy, I found the tank one day on it's side the water across the windowsill and dripping onto the carpet.....I TRIED to save them I DID, I DID, but it was too late...as one by one they "drowned" in air. I watched in horror as the last one with it's dying breath shook 16 little fists towards the heavens and I swear he cried "Avenge me ...avenge me.........." before his little life ebbed away.

The salt of my tears have still not washed away the pain of guilt from that day. How the little tank ended up on it's side is anyone's guess...did the cat knock it? was it a sudden gust of wind that caused the curtain to rise up and destroy that little world? ...or was it myself who in a fit of fear hatred and rage knocked the tank sideways.....the moment forgotten...my mind recoiling from the horror of the action rendering me incapable of remembering...has that moment retreated into the very depths of my subconcious? We will probably never know, but if the Lord is with me I beg he forgives any ill will I felt towards those tiny, defenseless creatures.

On a note, a week ago I was clearing out the garage and I came across the little tank, dusty and dirty it's little plastic galleon had lost a couple of spars. The tiny torch on top that acted as a lid I removed...the battery was dead and I tried to replace it but one of the connections had rusted and snapped off as I took the old battery out.

I looked into the now eerily empty tank half expecting to see them there, playing as usual, swimming without a care in the world and I SWEAR ... for a few seconds...was I mistaken??.....NO! ... there they were just for a split second before they faded from view, their shrimpy laughter still ringing in my ears...haunting me...taunting me.

AND THERE ..... UNUSED - a packet of plasma .. a packet of growth food and one unopened packet of eggs.

I thought for a second and tossed them into the bin, better not re-awaken the demons that torture my soul...leave it be ....LEAVE IT BEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

i had sea monkeys and my hamsters ate em in 1979!!!!

I had some sea monkeys a few years back.....what a fuggin disappoinment.

I remember years ago on the back of the U.S. comics we used to get over here (Spiderman, Hulk, Thor, e.t.c.) there was always advertisements for them showing a happy sea monkey family - with real faces and just begging for a seven year old to buy them. BUT you couldn't get them over here and parental begging just didn't work in my case.

So about 4 years ago I was mooching around a Toys R Us and I came across "SEA MONKEYS - Ghost Galleon" set up. Bang! Out with the money - home - get started.

Now I realised they would be nothing like the picture on the old comics......and I realised they were brine shrimp but what a dissapointment.

I set the water up and added the nutrients and "sea monkey plasma" then added the eggs a few days later. I was overjoyed when after a couple of days I could make out small little dots moving around in my little plastic tank! ACES!!!!!

Anyway they grew and I took good care of them ... sending off for food and treats (bananna food or summat). But they were so BORING.....even adding a small measure of food every few days became a toil to me.

In the end I started to resent them...and they started to resent me. Often out of the corner of my eye I would see them flipping me the bird through the plastic of their tank....but if I turned around quickly they just swam around as if nothing had happened. I used to hide behind the door with it ajar trying to hear what they were saying about me....I could never make out the full story but the ocassional word or phrase like "Jerk" or "Dork" and "I think he has a bad work ethic" would make their way on the breeze to my waiting ears, which were eager for some sure sign of conspiracy so I could act...and ACT WITH IMPUNITY FOR MY ACTIONS WOULD BE JUSTIFIED AND THEIR DOWNFALL WOULD BE THEIR OWN DOING....alas I never quite got the evidence I needed to enable me to confront them.

The ending was quite messy, I found the tank one day on it's side the water across the windowsill and dripping onto the carpet.....I TRIED to save them I DID, I DID, but it was too late...as one by one they "drowned" in air. I watched in horror as the last one with it's dying breath shook 16 little fists towards the heavens and I swear he cried "Avenge me ...avenge me.........." before his little life ebbed away.

The salt of my tears have still not washed away the pain of guilt from that day. How the little tank ended up on it's side is anyone's guess...did the cat knock it? was it a sudden gust of wind that caused the curtain to rise up and destroy that little world? ...or was it myself who in a fit of fear hatred and rage knocked the tank sideways.....the moment forgotten...my mind recoiling from the horror of the action rendering me incapable of remembering...has that moment retreated into the very depths of my subconcious? We will probably never know, but if the Lord is with me I beg he forgives any ill will I felt towards those tiny, defenseless creatures.

On a note, a week ago I was clearing out the garage and I came across the little tank, dusty and dirty it's little plastic galleon had lost a couple of spars. The tiny torch on top that acted as a lid I removed...the battery was dead and I tried to replace it but one of the connections had rusted and snapped off as I took the old battery out.

I looked into the now eerily empty tank half expecting to see them there, playing as usual, swimming without a care in the world and I SWEAR ... for a few seconds...was I mistaken??.....NO! ... there they were just for a split second before they faded from view, their shrimpy laughter still ringing in my ears...haunting me...taunting me.

AND THERE ..... UNUSED - a packet of plasma .. a packet of growth food and one unopened packet of eggs.

I thought for a second and tossed them into the bin, better not re-awaken the demons that torture my soul...leave it be ....LEAVE IT BEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

That was a nice "torture my soul" story to start my Sunday with a bang!!! :blink:

Back when Nick was a pirate rumour has it he was also a feared ruler of monkeys. They still follow him blindly today. That's why he sort of looks like a monkey and has intelligence beyond the wildest monkey dream. If there was a show called 'AusGeoffian Idol' Nick would be a shoe-in to win the damn thing.

• 2 months later...

It seems someone took offense to the topic of this thread. It parodied a thread this person started. I feel like I should apologize. I feel like I should just say I am sorry. I am not going to though. I will say GET OVER IT. I offend everybody. You're not the first, and you won't be the last.

OffensiveJason

It seems someone took offense to the topic of this thread. It parodied a thread this person started. I feel like I should apologize. I feel like I should just say I am sorry. I am not going to though. I will say GET OVER IT. I offend everybody. You're not the first, and you won't be the last.

OffensiveJason

You can't offend me Uncle Jason, I am un-offendable(is that a word?)

OffensiveJason

Maybe he/she was pissed because it cost way too much to own a monkey and spank it.

OffensiveJason

Maybe he/she was pissed because it cost way too much to own a monkey and spank it.

It doesn't cost me anything to spank my monkey. I also choke the chicken and drain the lizard.

OffensiveJason

It doesn't cost me anything to spank my monkey. I also choke the chicken and drain the lizard.

Do you kick the ass too?

• 2 months later...

So Jason, did you ever buy a monkey??

Two of them. They just sit there and hold each other. Kinda cute.

That's beautiful. What did you name them, Britting and Ham?