Poison vs. Warrant: The Battle of the Hair

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Poison fans seem to be the silent ones, as they're not doing to bad but every printed reply seems to be almost 100% in favour of Warrant.

What a complete surprise???? :whistle:

I love Poison, 'Dawson's Creek' and am a proud homosexual. Every poster should be proud like me.

I wouldn't be proud mate. Being Homosexual and liking Dawson's Creek is fair enough, but I certainly wouldn't own up to the the first one. How you must have the piss ripped out of you on a regular basis. You poor fellow!!

The Poison fans seem to be the silent ones, as they're not doing to bad but every printed reply seems to be almost 100% in favour of Warrant.

I love Poison, 'Dawson's Creek' and am a proud homosexual. Every poster should be proud like me.

I wouldn't be proud mate. Being Homosexual and liking Dawson's Creek is fair enough, but I certainly wouldn't own up to the the first one. How you must have the piss ripped out of you on a regular basis. You poor fellow!!

Nah, people are cool with me liking Poison. Especially my make-up artists, but when I start joking around that I like Toto I often end up in hospital, before I get the chance to explain that I do have some standards and I was just havin' a laff. :P

Nah, people are cool with me liking Poison. Especially my make-up artists, but when I start joking around that I like Toto I often end up in hospital, before I get the chance to explain that I do have some standards and I was just havin' a laff. :P

I think you are getting Cool and people feeling sorry for you muddled up. Next time you are in Hospital, make sure you get the Dr's to syringe your ears out, as you obviously have enough wax in there to open up a large candle factory. :whistle:

I think you are getting Cool and people feeling sorry for you muddled up. Next time you are in Hospital, make sure you get the Dr's to syringe your ears out, as you obviously have enough wax in there to open up a large candle factory. :whistle:

Jokes aside, that whole syringe in the ear thing is the most pain I ever felt... well, maybe equal with them attempting to take the pins from my hand. But yeah, worst pain imaginable.

Aside from listening to Toto's last album. That's the equivilant of the hand and the ear combined. :lol:

• 8 months later...

hm, last time Warrant lost to Heaven's Edge for me, but now Warrant came back.

The only Poison album is love more is Native Tongue.

tie in 3. albums: both 'Flesh and Blood' and 'Dog Eat Dog' are awesome!

How did I miss this poll? Where are my shoes??

I picked Warrant over Poison.

Look What the Cat Dragged In

Cherry Pie

Dog Eat Dog

Ultraphobic easily over Native Tongue

Belly to Belly sucks the most, but I misread the poll question so I voted for Hollyweird (oops!)

• 1 month later...
Went with Poison in every contest. I can see that I am very much in the minority! :unsure:

You are correct.

Went with Warrant in every aspect. Jani has real talent and is a much better songwriter, not to mention the Warrant guitarists are much better than Deville.

DOG EAT DOG alone is enough to bury the whole discussion...! What an uderrated gem.

• 1 month later...
I've never heard BTB or ultraphobic and have no desire to. I like both bands but Warrant is and will always be my favourite!

I like both of those albums but Ultraphobic is by far superior and well worth getting IMO.

I've never heard BTB or ultraphobic and have no desire to. I like both bands but Warrant is and will always be my favourite!

I like both of those albums but Ultraphobic is by far superior and well worth getting IMO.

I heard those two were alternative and I have the live album by Warrant which features some of the songs from Ultraphobic and I don't like them. I like Born Again a lot though.

I'll eventually get round to getting those two but there are LOADS of better ones I could get at the moment!

I take the first 3 Warrant albums. Haven't heard Belly or Ultraphobic. I keep hearing the term modern and alternative when mentioning those 2 cds. Are they anything like Jani's solo (which I think is brilliant) or just dismissable grunge?

'Belly to belly' is a write off - avoid like hell. 'Ultraphobic' is pretty good actually. I wouldn't call it grunge. It's still hard rock, but does certainly have the mid-90's "alternate" feel. The songs are still strong on that one so it's worth a go for a few dollars. Neither are anything like Jani's 'Back down to one'.

Thanks. Gonna track down Ultraphobic.

I'd track down genital herpes before I'd track that album down. Absolute rubbish from beginning to end IMO. "Back Down To One" is way better, though hardly a classic....

Thanks. Gonna track down Ultraphobic.

I'd track down genital herpes before I'd track that album down. Absolute rubbish from beginning to end IMO. "Back Down To One" is way better, though hardly a classic....

I don't know that I would be quite that harsh, but there's definitely nothing memorable on Ultraphobic.

• 2 years later...

1.Poison

2.Look What The Cat Dragged In

3.Open Up

4.Flesh&Blood

5.Native Tongue

6.Never heard either one of them

IMO, Warrant is an ok band, but not at all on par with Poison, which is fuckin excellent....although i have to mention i only know Warrant's DRFSR and Cherry Pie...

Overall I'd pick Poison as they are my joint fave band alongside Motley Crue, with a plethora of my most favourite tunes in their catalogue, but strangely I went with the Warrant albums on most of these as their albums were either slighly more consistent or were just in my top albums of all time list.

So it was:

Poison (for the reason stated above).

DRFSR: While its never been one of my all time fave hair/rock albums, I always felt LWTCDI lacked something. Some great tracks on both, but for me Warrant is just more polished and consistent.

Cherry Pie: OUASA has some of my favourite Poison songs on it, and even has one of my favourite songs ever on it, but Cherry Pie is just perfect from start to finish, whereas the Poison one is a bit patchy.

Dog Eat Dog: This was a tough one as both were great albums, but I went with DED as that one blew me away when it came out. FAB tho doesnt have any weak tracks tho so it was close.

Native tongue: Another pretty much faultless album from Poison wins this one, but Ultraphobic is an amazing album and could have maybe won if not for one or two weaker tracks this time.

Hollyweird: Strictly speaking, this should have been Belly to belly vs Crack a smile if we are going chronologically. Crack a smile would have been an easy winner as its probably the strongest Poison album for me. That said, I dont feel the normal hatred for Hollyweird thats evident here as it always sounded good to my ears. I always liked Belly to belly, but its easily the most patchy album from Warrant with a couple of songs on it that I could really have done with out.

BTW, I purposely didnt go with the "most hated" vote but the one I like the most, as I think its a bit out of order to assume everyone hates those albums whether its the majorities opinion or not.

Both Hollyweird and Belly to belly are good albums.