What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

Asking Alexandria - 'Reckless & Relentless' ; man, what do you do with a song like 'A lesson never learned?' One of the best choruses of the entire 2011, wrapped up in silly modern growling heavy/death metal. Man, what a simply stunning chorus, though. Gives me chills.

You crazy fool. It's the heavy verses/poppy choruses that makes this so interesting. "Breathless" is my fave chorus, and "Someone Somewhere" is just AOR. Stunning band, though they are dogshit live.

Yeah, I agree that 'Someone somewhere' is a brilliant slab of melodic rock / AOR, and I do like the chorus in 'Breathless' too. One of my faves on the CD, but 'A lesson never learned' is just pure magic. Don't get me wrong - love the heavy verses (musically I could not ask for more) and even if it was just the screaming I would be totally into it... it's the actual growling that I find ridiculous. And why I pass on otherwise great bands like Sonic Syndicate and the like. Screaming - okay. Growling - laughable. :)

Asking Alexandria - 'Reckless & Relentless' ; man, what do you do with a song like 'A lesson never learned?' One of the best choruses of the entire 2011, wrapped up in silly modern growling heavy/death metal. Man, what a simply stunning chorus, though. Gives me chills.

You crazy fool. It's the heavy verses/poppy choruses that makes this so interesting. "Breathless" is my fave chorus, and "Someone Somewhere" is just AOR. Stunning band, though they are dogshit live.

Yeah, I agree that 'Someone somewhere' is a brilliant slab of melodic rock / AOR, and I do like the chorus in 'Breathless' too. One of my faves on the CD, but 'A lesson never learned' is just pure magic. Don't get me wrong - love the heavy verses (musically I could not ask for more) and even if it was just the screaming I would be totally into it... it's the actual growling that I find ridiculous. And why I pass on otherwise great bands like Sonic Syndicate and the like. Screaming - okay. Growling - laughable. :)

Fair enough mate. Check out their EP from last year, has a couple of Skid Row covers on it which are pretty impressive. The band are proper 80's hard rock fans...

Michael Schenker - Temple Of Rock (Of course!)

Black Rose (Austria) - Time doesn't matter at all

Fair enough mate. Check out their EP from last year, has a couple of Skid Row covers on it which are pretty impressive. The band are proper 80's hard rock fans...

Yeah, I kept meaning to check that out last year, but somehow kept missing it. Will have to give it a go.

Spinning:

Theory of a Deadman - 'Truth is...' ; wow, this is surprisingly bad.

Venus Vegas - 'Still motion life'

TT Quick - 'Sloppy seconds'

Michael Schenker - Temple Of Rock (Of course!)

Haven't heard this yet, what do you think?

Hi there!

I've just got it and wasn't too impressed at first but after a few spins it's starting to grow. Songs I really like are "Hanging On", the uptempo rocker "The End Of An Era" and "With You", great guitar playing on that one. Michael Voss reminds me of Leif Sundin at times, which I think is a good thing!

Best regards, Thomas