What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

Steelhouse Lane - Slaves of the New World

One of the very first discs I  bought after finding HH and reading all the positive comments on the main site.

Still kicks ass to this day! 

STEELHOUSELANE_SOTNW.jpg

• Like 2

Smash Alley - Too Late To Say No

Michael Morales - Thats The Way

Sibling Rivalry - Sweet Paradise

Push - Shaken , Not Stirred

David Victor - Proof Through The Night

Johnny Crash - Neighbourhood Threat

Mud Slick - Keep Crawlin' In The Mud

After releasing two albums with AOR/Melodic Rock band Streets, ”1st” (1983) and ”Crimes In Mind” (1985), lead singer and keyboardist Steve Walsh returned to Kansas, to revive the band along with original members Phil Ehart (drums) and Rich Williams (Guitar). Furthermore, the lineup was completed by the addition of bassist Billy Greer (from Streets) and young, promising, former Dixie Dregs guitar man Steve Morse, who also contributed with composing skills and backing vocals. Eventually, the group’s ”Power” album was released in November of 1986, rather much to the vintage Kansas and Prog Rock purists dismissal, as I recall it. The heavier sound/direction and absence of violinist Robby Steinhardt, songwriter/keyboardist/guitarist Kerry Livgren and bassist Dave Hope were all contributing factors to the disapproval, it seems. However, mentioned ”Power” should perhaps instead be judged on its own merits, as it is what it is. Put out in a time when commercial Melodic Hardrock was very much in fashion, with FM rock radio and MTV as ever the important ingredients of daily life. In the end, the album actually landed at a respectable No. 35 on the Billboard chart, while the single/ballad ”All I Wanted” eventually rose to an even more impressive No. 19. Review by Thomas McFapperson 2024.

Kansas - Power.jpg

Thomas played me some great Proggish 70's Pomp. Just can't remember if it was Starmaster or Roadcastle - Biden. ; )

Biden 1.jpg

Starcastle - Citadel.jpg

Roadmaster - Hey World.jpg

Been mixing it up the last few days. Playing some newer stuff and some older stuff that I haven't listened to in ages (well full albums that is).

Poison - Flesh & blood

Pretty Boy Floyd - Leather boyz

Sophie Lloyd - Imposter syndrome

Rolling Quartz - Fighting

Mick Mars - The other side of Mars

FM - Tough it out

Passion - S/T

Oh, thanks a lot Doggy! I missed this. Means a lot that at least one person remembers me. ; )

• Like 1

Europe early 1983. Today, 41 years ago the debut was released, and I stood in a long line to get the album.

Europe cd 1.jpg

Europe 83 1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thin Lizzy - [1983] Thunder And Lightning    &                                                                                                                                        Thin Lizzy - [1983] Life Live [Disk 1 & 2]

• Like 2

Just listened to the whole thing at work. Then went back and listened to the first two tracks again. I remember buying this new.  

• Like 2