Various - Humanary Stew: A Tribute to Alice Cooper

W.A.S.P. - s/t

Deliverance - Weapons Of Our Warfare

L.A. Guns - The Missing Peace

Edited by Fat Freddy

YJM RF O.jpg

Yngwie full.jpg

• Like 1

My ears are jizzing in classic Pomp/AOR stereo. ; )

Arc Angel 1983.jpg

My ears are jizzing in vintage Pomp Rock stereo. ; )

Airborne 1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2023 at 3:45 AM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Steve Stevens - Atomic Playboys

I've had this album for at least ten years, but hadn't listened to it until now. What the fuck is wrong with me?

Don't answer that. 

I've had this since its release back in '89...I stuck it on tonight for the first time in about 15 years and just noticed your post from April :D

also listened to

Gotthard - G

Pretty Boy Floyd - Public Enemies

The Defiants - drive

Loudness - Thunder In The East

Ratt - Detonator

Kix - Hotwire

Stormburst - III

Y&T - Ten

• Like 2

On 5/27/2023 at 2:25 AM, nyoilers said:

New Jethro Tull album RökFlöte coming 21st April 2023 ...

What do you think of this album? I've only listened to it twice for now but I am not enjoying it as much as the last album so far.

• 2023 Gold Donors
15 hours ago, auslander said:

What do you think of this album? I've only listened to it twice for now but I am not enjoying it as much as the last album so far.

It took me a few spins to get into it but I really like it !

The former Planet 3 vocalist Clif Magness released his highly acclaimed "Solo" debut album back in 1994. This excellent Light AOR/Westcoast style release was recorded, mixed and produced by Magness himself, with the assistance of Glen Ballard (additional keyboards), Jay Graydon (lead guitar) and Martin Page (backing vocals). There are many great songs to be found on this keyboard-driven but fairly versatile mid 90's album and the calmer and more refined tracks are in my opinion equally as good as the more rocking ones. 9/10 points for this overall very nice affair that should appeal to fans of Chicago, L.A. Cowboys, Mr. Mister, Richard Marx, Tim Feehan and Toto. Revised review by Thomas McFapperson, priapism summer 2023. 

Clif Magness - Solo.jpg

Edited by Thomas/Coastline
  • Like 1

Happy 45th Anniversary to UFO's great/classic "Obsession" album!

UFO Obsession.jpg

Schenker.jpg

• Like 1

Airplay was a short-lived project formed by the American session musicians David Foster (Keyboards & Vocals) and Jay Graydon (Guitars & Vocals), with Tommy Funderburk as the lead vocalist. Their 1980 self-titled album was produced by Graydon/Foster and recorded with the help of an incredible line-up of professional players and singers, including David Hungate (Bass), Mike Baird/Jeff Porcaro (Drums), Steve Lukather (Guitar), Steve Porcaro (Keyboards) and Bill Champlin/Tom Kelly (Backing Vocals). Airplay is quite often referred to as one of the finest and most important releases in the history of Westcoast/AOR music, and rightly so, as it still holds its given place alongside albums by genre giants such as Chicago and Toto. With a slick production and excellent performance by those involved, this album features a great collection of songs, such as the harmony-vocalized and hard rocking opener "Stranded", the David Roberts style midtempo track "Cryin' All Night" and soft ballad "It Will Be Alright". This strong opening trio is followed up by the well-known Manhattan Transfer number "Nothin' You Can Do About It" and yet another calm and romantic love ballad, titled "Should We Carry On". Side two takes up the pace again with the fast-rocking "Leave Me Alone", the superb melodic rocker "Sweet Body" and the groovy/jazzy "Bix", which features a very nice horn section. Then the last pair of tracks start off with "She Waits For Me", which is a disco-like but very good song with a catchy and infectious hook. Finally the album is closed by the Westcoast classic and all time favorite "After The Love Is Gone". Revised review by Thomas McFapperson, priapism summer 2023.

Airplay 2.jpg

Edited by Thomas/Coastline