What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

"Assault Attack" (Chrysalis 1982) is the third studio album by the praised German guitar maestro and his very own band, The Michael Schenker Group. It was the only full-length release to feature the former Marbles, Rainbow and solo lead vocalist Graham Bonnet, from Lincolnshire, England. He was brought to the band's attention through their drummer at the time (Cozy Powell) and word has it that Schenker liked Rainbow's "Down To Earth" so much that when Bonnet was suggested, he was single handedly picked out as the new singer. This great line up of musicians didn't last very long but they still managed to create what many regard as one of the major milestones in guitar-driven Melodic Hardrock and Metal: "Assault Attack", a true 80's classic recording that still sounds as good and fresh as it did back in 1982. Review by Thomas McFapperson.

MSG - Assault Attack 2.jpg

Micke S 1.jpg

• Like 1

Joe Lamont - Secrets You Keep.jpg

Toto - The Seventh One.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In 1982, Kansas City (Missouri) based Shooting Star bagan the recording of their third, aptly titled album, III Wishes. For this important third effort the band used the famous Caribou Ranch studio near Boulder, Colorado, with Journey top producer Kevin Elson as the main knob twister. To promote the new release, they once again picked up touring with big names, such as REO Speedwagon, John Mellencamp, Jefferson Starship, Kansas and others. While perhaps not fully as excellent as the first two outings or the praised "Silent Scream" AORster from 1985, this commercially oriented but still rocking "III Wishes" is definitely good enough in its own right, with perfectly executed and highly melodic song material throughout. Review by Sir Fapsalot 2023.

Shooting Star - III Wishes.jpg

• Like 1

I've been listening to early Boston and I've been watching young Aubrey Plaza. So, my ears and eyes have jizzed enough this weekend. ; )

Boston - DLB.jpg

Edited by Thomas/Coastline
  • Like 1

• My Little Pony
9 hours ago, Thomas/Coastline said:

I've been listening to early Boston and I've been watching young Aubrey Plaza. So, my ears and eyes have jizzed enough this weekend. ; )

Boston - DLB.jpg

Jizz more. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Stranger - Pretty Angels

W.A.S.P. - S/t

Coney Hatch - Outa Hand

Sykes - Out Of My Tree

Nightshade - Dead Of Night

Slaughter - Fear No Evil

Stream - Take It Or Leave It

Edited by lettard

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, God. My ears are jizzing in faptastic vintage Pomp Rock stereo. ; )

Chicago based Pomp Rock band Trillion took a step forward musically, with their highly praised second outing ”Clear Approach” from 1980. In many ways, they hit a kind of sweet spot with this sophomore John Boylan-produced release, where the song material was a bit more mature, refined and to some degree, approachable. The icing on the cake though, was perhaps top lead singer Thom Griffin, who did a truly great job as the replacement for original vocalist Dennis ”Fergie” Frederiksen, who had been asked to leave or left the group some time prior to the recording of ”Clear Approach”. Nowadays, when going back and listening to the album in its entirety, I’d say that it’s still a very classy affair, where the band’s initial progressive rock tendencies blended perfectly well with their more commercially oriented and sophisticated, AORish side. The sublime guitar and keyboard/piano interplay between Frank Barbalace and Pat Leonard also needs to be mentioned here, as it obviously was of great importance and played a big role to the band’s overall sound. Review by Thomas T. Hansson 2023.

Trillion Clear Approach.jpg

Trillion epic.jpg

• Like 1

W.A.S.P. - Inside The Electric Circus

Loudness - Thunder In The East

Stormburst - Raised On Rock

Millenium - Hourglass

Cinderella - Night Songs

Bonham - The Disregard Of Timekeeping

Voodoo X - Vol.1 The Awakening

• Like 2

My ears are jizzing in classic 80's Canuck AOR stereo. 

Refugee bftio.jpg

• Like 3

• My Little Pony
9 hours ago, Thomas/Coastline said:

My ears are jizzing in classic 80's Canuck AOR stereo. 

Refugee bftio.jpg

Never heard this. I'll have to check it out. 

• Like 1