What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

Ghost - Opus Eponymous

Really didn't think I'd enjoy this one, but I love it. Great, if slightly odd, album.

Ghost - Opus Eponymous

Really didn't think I'd enjoy this one, but I love it. Great, if slightly odd, album.

If you liked it give a try to The Devil's Blood too.

Cheers for the tip. I read an interview and they appear to take the whole Satanic thing seriously, which put me off (it's all a bit juvenile imo). Will give them a blast though.

Hit The Lights - 'Invicta' ; this may not be the best album of the year, but if I handed out individual awards at my ceremony, this would win best production and best rhythm section (especially those monster drums) without near competitor. Brilliant disc.

Osukaru - 'G8RBallsack' ; very good melodic rock... shame it's let down by those lead vocals.

Hit The Lights - 'Invicta' ; this may not be the best album of the year, but if I handed out individual awards at my ceremony, this would win best production and best rhythm section (especially those monster drums) without near competitor. Brilliant disc.

Osukaru - 'G8RBallsack' ; very good melodic rock... shame it's let down by those lead vocals.

Still not heard the Hit The Lights

Still not heard the Hit The Lights

If you do, give it a fair go. It takes a few spins to really connect because it is, at first glance, a little one paced. But songs like 'Gravity,' 'Earthquake,' 'Float through me,' 'Should've known,' 'Faster now' and 'Take control' are all amongst the best songs I have heard in 2012. On songs like 'Gravity' the rhythm section just blows your face apart. Even though the tracks are generally slower paced.

In the car:

Submytion - Finally

Deep Purple - DEEPEST PURPLE (R.I.P. Jon Lord!)

Turbonegro - SCANDINAVIAN LEATHER

Loudness - LIGHTNING STRIKES

Cinderella - NIGHT SONGS

Overkill - THE ELECTRIC AGE

Monster Magnet - POWERTRIP