Song of the Day

66 mustang

• 2023 Gold Donors

Was listening to some classic Aussie stuff today. Here's a couple from 80's Rock/Pop chick Sharon O'Neill. I'm sure I've posted "Maxine" before, but it's worth posting again. Towards the late 80's she became a bit more Rockier. Sort of a Stevie Nicks solo vibe. I was s big fan of  her single "Physical favours".

3 hours ago, Darkstone said:

The purists might disagree, but this is definitely my favourite Helloween album. 

Lovely implementation of the  McEnroe saying from the ' 81  Wimbledon final. :lol:

• 2023 Gold Donors

Rick Allen has got to be one of the biggest unsung heroes when it comes to will, motivation, determination and pure heart. Most people confronted with his circumstances would have curled up into a ball. I think i would've. It's a shame most people don't know his story. It's astonishing to think that not only did he overcome the mental Demons, but he also overcame his physical limitations to remain drumming in a world class heavy metal band no less! 

Still I cannot understand why my beloved Ted never walked the extra mile to include it in one of his compilation cds... :crying:

Btw, be extremely careful since this cd was recently bootlegged from the usual Russian mafia (btw, that's the reason I remembered this song!)

• 2023 Gold Donors

Here's a couple from Robert Cray. Great Commercial friendly Blues from the 80's. Absolutely as smooth as silk.   

I know All Nights Reserved will appreciate the quality, even if no one else does.

• 2023 Gold Donors

A couple of great clips from the Gotthard "Made In Switzerland" concert. What an absolute tragedy it was to lose Steve Lee. I wonder how many people knew of his drumming prowess ?

• 1 month later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Dino Jelusic of "Animal Drive". A recent-ish tribute to Ray Gillen. The original  "Badlands" version is a killer and Dino certainly does it justice. I'm expecting big things from this kid in the future with "Animal Drive" and beyond. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

I heard this one awhile ago. It's from the movie "Hell or high water", but i've just noticed it's on the new "Deadwood" movie trailer. I do like me some Dark Country. When I first heard this one his pronunciation on certain words like spoon and moon made me think he was an Aussie. Great track.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...