Cricket !

Wotty

F :censored: k was i dirty on Langer getting run out "AGAIN".Seem's to happen a bit to often one of them {Hayden / Langer} getting run out <_< .

I might be setting myself up for a fall here {again} , but we are starting to look pretty comfortable at the minute against the bowling.

The aggression shown in the first knock by your bowlers does not seem to be there.I reckon they should have opened with Flintoff instead of Hoggard and really gone after them with the short stuff but i think alot of life has gone out of the pitch and the batsmen may be in for a treat!

Time will tell !!!! :drink:

It's going to be an uphill battle all the way now. We are going to need 350-375 to win this one - not impossible but definately a hard ask!!!.

So a mini-breakthrough at the end <_<  This has warmed up quite well.Let's see who has the bottle !!!

I had a fair few bottles wathching it :chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::lol: .

I still think it is still up for grabs but the inconsistent bounce may play a big factor in the end result.

This is were Warnie can do damage :drink: {I'm hoping <_< }

Not totally given up yet Dave, but I think 400 + is too big an ask although stranger things have happened. First strike to the Aussies I think.

So a mini-breakthrough at the end <_<  This has warmed up quite well.Let's see who has the bottle !!!

I still think it is still up for grabs but the inconsistent bounce may play a big factor in the end result.

The only damage Warnie's ever imposed was on his reputation & his liver.

McGrath's the man who'll win this for you...

Not totally given up yet Dave, but I think 400 + is too big an ask although stranger things have happened. First strike to the Aussies I think.

I tend to agree with you on this one Jez :drink:

The only damage Warnie's ever imposed was on his reputation & his liver.

McGrath's the man who'll win this for you...

3 out of 5 is not a bad start for the man who can't cause any damage !!!! Imagine what would happen if he could :yikes::lol:

What a shame, is pouring with rain across the UK today and is supposed to be thunder storms tomorrow. Wouldnt it be a shame if there was no more play? :lol:

Ok, so it stopped raining & we lost. Why did we lose? Geraint Jones take a bow. What a clown. As a wicketkeeper myself in past years it's actually bloody difficult to drop catches with those big f**k-off gloves on, but he managed to. And as for his performance with the bat... :angryfire:

Full marks to Pietersen for at least trying to show some resistance, but the likes of Jones & Giles & Bell are just a waste of a place. Bell instead of Graham Thorpe is looking like a BIG mistake.

Congrats to the Aussies though, class bowling won this for you. Am sure Dave & the others will have a few words to say, & fair play.... BUT IT 'AINT OVER PAL.

Gutted but I would suggest we are a lot closer. Our bowling attack can cause trouble. The batting definatly did not come to the party but we're not playing against the only side in the history of the game to have two players with 500 wickets. It will be a very long time before that happens again.

It's an uphill task but if you want to be the best you've got to beat the best.

I'm really pleased at Pietersens performance. Should shut a few people up although my mother said he should be sent back to SA after his dropped catches. Having said that she still thinks Fred Truman should be playing.

Ok, so it stopped raining & we lost.  Why did we lose?  Geraint Jones take a bow.  What a clown.  As a wicketkeeper myself in past years it's actually bloody difficult to drop catches with those big f**k-off gloves on, but he managed to.  And as for his performance with the bat...  :angryfire:

Full marks to Pietersen for at least trying to show some resistance, but the likes of Jones & Giles & Bell are just a waste of a place.  Bell instead of Graham Thorpe is looking like a BIG mistake.

Congrats to the Aussies though, class bowling won this for you.  Am sure Dave & the others will have a few words to say, & fair play....  BUT IT 'AINT OVER PAL.

No Tim, no smart arse comments here.They come out more easily when we lose :lol: Along way to go yet. :drink:

No Tim, no smart arse comments here.They come out more easily when we lose :lol: Along way to go yet. :drink:

:( Tim.......don't you hate it when he gets like that?????

C'mon baby..........put up yer dukes!!! MUCH more interesting read, when you're struttin' like a........................ rooster!!! :lol: Yeah......that's it.....

:P

:( Tim.......don't you hate it when he gets like that?????

C'mon baby..........put up yer dukes!!! MUCH more interesting read, when you're struttin' like a........................ rooster!!! :lol: Yeah......that's it.....

:P

MJ, i only fight fire with fire and have always believed in giving as good as you get but when someone does not take any cheap shots at me , i find it hard to dish it out.Tim has taken this too well actually.

I must admit , you did make me have another read of Tim's post in case i missed a cheap shot because you calling me a Rooster, got me pumped up a bit and ready for some action :lol: .

Wait till Ian gets back from his break and he dishes up some crappy excuse.That will get things going again or you might have to wait till we kick their :butt:'s again in the next test :lol:

Well the players themselves are rubbing it in enough anyway, Ponting is already quoted as saying he thinks the series will be 5-0. :ahole: I would just LOVE to see all those over-inflated ego's go off home with their tails between their legs...

That said, is a little hard for me to say anything other than we lost to the better team.

Definately lost to the better team on this occassion, although it has been said all along the Aussies are the better team anyways. Kudos to Warne and Mcgrath - immense bowling and thumbs down to Englands lacklustre batting and some pretty bad fielding at times - catches win matches as the saying goes and you can't afford to drop 6 of 'em. Pietersen and Harmison were Englands shining lights and I also thought Simon Jones played well and will improve even more over the series. If we can get the batting back to scratch, then it definately ain't over yet. I do agree about the Thorpe/ Bell selection, while Bell is a good upcoming batsmen, Thorpey has a proven pedigree and should have been picked for what would have been his last series anyways - let him go out in a blaze of glory I say. Anyways too late for that. We'll improve for sure, so i'm not too worried at this point, although they are going to have to improve considerably.

Well done the Aussies. I hate to say this, but to see bowling of that standard was a joy to watch at times - just wish it had been against someone else!!!! :drink:

1-"YOU BUNCH OF DRIPS".

2-"VAUGHN AGAIN LOSERS".

3-"NEW ERA BUT THE SAME WHITE FLAG".

Any one would think that is an Aussie giving the Pom's some stick but it ain't.

This is their press.The same mob that were sprouting so much shit on what they were going to do to those "OVER THE HILL , WASHED UP SHEILAS FROM AUSTRALIA".

Geez , they have jumped ship pretty quick :lol:

Then again , would'nt you if you got your :butt: 's kicked by a bunch of sheila's :lol:

Dave, the reason we aren't getting the flack from the Aussies is because all them - in the back of their mind - know that this could well still be 4-1 to England...

Since when does anyone take notice of the English press, or any other for that matter. Without Warne or McGrath, the Aussies didn't exactly kick arse and they will not have it their way everygame that's for sure. The English batting will improve and get back to something like they have been doing over the last 18 months. As I said above, Warne & McGrath won the game along with poor batting and missed chances in the field, which is rare for the English team. Don't jump the gun just yet it ain't over.

Q. What does Geraint Jones and Michael Jackson have in common? A.

They both wear gloves for no apparent reason

Q. What is the height of optimism?

A. An English batsman applying sunscreen.

Q. What does Ashley Giles put in his hands to make sure the next ball

almost always takes a wicket? A. A bat.

Q. What would Glen McGrath be if he was an Englishman?

A. An allrounder.

Q. What advantage do Kevin Pieterson, Andrew Strauss and Geraint

Jones have over the rest of their team-mates?

A. At least they can say they're not really English.

Q. What is the English version of a hat-trick?

A. Three runs in three balls.

Q. What do you call an Englishman with 100 runs against his name? A.

A bowler.

Q. What is the most proficient form of footwork displayed by English

batsmen? A. The walk back to the pavilion.

Q. Who has the easiest job in the English squad?

A. The guy who removes the red ball marks from the bats.

Q. Why is Andrew Flintoff the unluckiest English player?

A. Because he was born in England.

Q. What does "Ashes" stand for?

A. Another Sad Horrific English Series.

Q. What's the English version of LBW?

A. Lost, Beaten, Walloped.

Q. Who spends the most time on the crease of anyone in the English

team?

A. The person who ironed the cricket whites.

Very amusing. The last one is pretty funny.

We'll see whose laughing in a few weeks....

Dave, the reason we aren't getting the flack from the Aussies is because all them - in the back of their mind - know that this could well still be 4-1 to England...

COCK-A-DOODLE-DO {How's that MJ ? Here come's the Rooster}

:rofl2: You can't be serious.

If your guys were smart , and they obviously ain't , they would :stfu: and go about it the way Harmison does.

Nothing makes the Aussie's more determined than having some twat's ,who's claim to fame is nothing , gob off to them on the pitch.

It ain't the way you do it.You let the ball do the talking because the Aussies thrive on guys who think they are better than what they really are, {take out Harmison} try and talk tuff.

It's fine to talk the talk but only do it if you can walk the walk <_<

Q. What does Geraint Jones  and Michael Jackson have in common? A.

They both wear  gloves for no apparent reason

Q. What is the  height of optimism?

A. An English  batsman applying  sunscreen.

Q. What does Ashley  Giles put in his hands to make sure the next ball

almost always takes a  wicket? A. A  bat.

Q. What would Glen  McGrath be if he was an  Englishman?

A. An  allrounder.

Q. What advantage do  Kevin Pieterson, Andrew Strauss and Geraint

Jones have over the rest of  their team-mates?

A. At least they can  say they're not really  English.

Q. What is the  English version of a hat-trick?

A. Three runs in  three balls.

Q. What do you call  an Englishman with 100 runs against his  name? A.

A  bowler.

Q. What is the most  proficient form of footwork displayed by  English

batsmen? A. The walk back to  the pavilion.

Q. Who has the  easiest job in the English squad?

A. The guy who  removes the red ball marks from the  bats.

Q. Why is Andrew  Flintoff the unluckiest English  player?

A. Because he was born in  England.

Q. What does "Ashes"  stand for?

A. Another Sad  Horrific English  Series.

Q. What's the  English version of LBW?

A. Lost, Beaten,  Walloped.

Q. Who spends the  most time on the crease of anyone in the English

team?

A. The person who ironed the cricket  whites.

:lol: Geez , i thought i was on my own :P