Cricket !

Wotty

Is this even a sport?     :P

I believe Pomm bashing is an official sport in Australia.

As is Aussie bashing in the land of the "To and Froms"- {Aussie slang for Pom's}.

All in good fun though...........at the moment................ but :angryfire: and a :flamewar: could be just around the corner <_< .It only takes one very cutting remark and all hell could break lose. I must admit ,it has gone very well so far. ;)

Is this a sport you ask ????????????? Is a frogs arse watertight ?????????????.

Nothing bigger between these two countries.This is very serious stuff :drink:

Why do english batsmen always order the indian curry during the lunch break?

It's the only way they can get the runs.

To my English sparring partners, i would just like to let you know that i am distancing myself from these jokes and any retaliation should under no circumstance be directed at myself :whistle::whistle::whistle:

COCK-A-DOODLE-DO  {How's that MJ ? Here come's the Rooster}

:lol: LMAO!!!!!!!! Very GOOD!!!! That's more like it!!!

Commence :joust:

:woot:

Check out the new avatar pic MJ . Now i am really ready for battle :lol:

Don't Worry, Revenge will be ours !!!! <_<

:rofl2: .............Yeah right.........Welcome back Sir Ian , it has become a bit quiet on this thread since we gave you a ripe royal floggin'.

Dont let that worry you though , remember you did win a couple of those all important one day games. :lol:;)

Don't Worry, Revenge will be ours !!!! <_<

:rofl2: .............Yeah right.........Welcome back Sir Ian , it has become a bit quiet on this thread since we gave you a ripe royal floggin'.

Dont let that worry you though , remember you did win a couple of those all important one day games. :lol:;)

Hey Dave,

I don't seem to remember us losing to Bangladesh either? :rofl2:

:wtf: Very quiet are the boys from England in the lead up to this second test.

Why is that ??????????? :lol:

Quiet confidence is the name of the game. This test match is going to start my Holidays off nicely I think. Bring 'em on!!!!

I think a nice refined silence leading up to the match is the order of the day.Then we'll take the piss !!! :P

Are you sure it is not a bit of the old "Once bitten , twice shy" :lol:

McGrath out injured. Should even things up a bit.

Which newspaper will be the first with a headline about tornados and edgebaston after one of the quicks takes a few wickets.

Bad toss to lose I fear.

Peter,We look to have an aire of confidence knowing McGrath isn't there.We look solid,thanks to "did I drop it ?? " Warne !!!

Good to hear.

My wife has just phoned me to tell me she's sick so I might have to go home and look after the kids. About time they learned what the ashes is I think.

Warne just come on to bowl I see. So far so good.

Pretty good performance by England today - although they really should have added another 50 on the score and lost a couple less wickets. Nice to see Warne getting knocked all over the place. Trescothick was excellent, aswell as Pietersen and Flintoff. The Aussies should be able to reach the total ok, so Game pretty even after the first day. Shame about McGrath though :lol:

I sat in front of the TV last night waiting for the cricket to come on and when it did , they crossed over without saying a word or any introduction and showed McGrath sitting on the ground with everyone around him.My jaw hit the ground and my head went into my hands and stayed there for a good 10 minutes.Hearing he won't be playing and the explanation of what and how it happend ,the shock of it turned to anger , the anger then to rage.

To add to that , the opening spell from Gillespie and Lee was nothing short of pathetic and the severe punishment dealt out from your batsmen put me on the brink of wanting to inflict brutal violence upon someone.

Virtually frothing from the mouth at this stage , the wife and kids decided it was best to leave me well alone and head to their own rooms and leave me to swear and curse at the TV and everyone who was on it.

I had even decided it would be in everyone's best interest including myself , not to visit this thread last night in case some one had made a smart arse comment about the McGrath incident because all hell would have broken loose because i was that livid about the whole thing.

Any way, i have cooled down now and it was good to see one's misfortune was not raised as i thought , may have been even though Jez had a little, but harmless tounge in cheek shot which is fine and part of the good spirit that has been shown by all parties involved so far because i honestly don't think even cooling down for 24 hours would have helped if a serious dig had been made of this misfortune.That is how important McGrath is to the outcome of this series.

I take my hat off to you boys for that :drink:

By the way , that was super batting and with no McGrath in this test and the next and us having to bat last on this wicket , dare i say it , but i am a bit concerned :unsure:

After their batting and Englands bowling today - I would be very concerned!!!Still a way to go, but England definately on top at the moment. McGrath was a shame, we had the same problem in Australia last tour when Simon Jones was injured badly and was out for the whole test series. You can't keep relying on one player all the time though. What will the Aussie attack be like when he and Warne retires, which is not that far away???He was the main difference in the first game really, apart from some poor batting and a dodgy pitch at times.I must admit I raised a smile when it was announced that he was out of the game, but wouldn't anyone in the same situation (you would be Killing yoursef if Pietersen or Harmison got injured!!). At this moment England have got the fire and are really on top of this, but things can change rapidly in this game!!!Hope McGrath recovers but not too soon.