Cricket !

Wotty

The one we can look forward to is Warne's 600th wicket. Hat's of to the guy and he's done it with a straight arm.

Pete , i love that last remark :agree::drink:

Quite an enjoyable day for us English.However,I could have put loads of cash on the Aussies doing something AGAIN in the last few overs,and made a mint !!!!

You must have been pretty happy when they held off taking the new ball a couple of overs then?

I suspect Dave will be giving this thread a miss for a few days. Bit like Gilchrist and the ball today :P

Quite an enjoyable day for us English.However,I could have put loads of cash on the Aussies doing something AGAIN in the last few overs,and made a mint !!!!

You must have been pretty happy when they held off taking the new ball a couple of overs then?

I suspect Dave will be giving this thread a miss for a few days. Bit like Gilchrist and the ball today :P

No Pete , i'll front up win ,lose or after a discraceful effort in the field like that yesterday.

Make no mistake, McGrath and Lee's opening spell was brilliant with no luck at all and other than that , the rest is pretty much forgetful.

I also believe that this side is in total dissaray from the pressure and attacking approach from England with both bat and ball and if they don't clean up the remaining English wickets cheaply today , it just won't be this test match all over , it will be the series because Gillespie or Kasper are simply not up to it to provide support for McGrath , Lee and Warne and none of our top order batsmen even look like they are going to make runs , so all i can see is trouble ahead unless there is a major turn around :angry:

Tim stated in an earlier thread after losing the First Test that England would now win the series 4-1 and i just laughed at that.Now that is not a laughing matter , that is a distinct possibility :angry:

I really think that this test match will be decided by the toss. We won it, and batted, the Aussies would've done the same & probably compiled 500 or so. Now the weather's turned it will be hard to get anywhere near our score & I think we'll go 2-1 up...

I also think these 2 sides are far too evenly matched for anyone to win 4-1... Was very unusual to see such poor fielding though, Vaughan's innings should never have happened...

No Pete , i'll front up win ,lose or after a discraceful effort in the field like that yesterday.

Make no mistake, McGrath and Lee's opening spell was brilliant with no luck at all and other than that , the rest is pretty much forgetful.

I also believe that this side is in total dissaray from the pressure and attacking approach from England with both bat and ball and if they don't clean up the remaining English wickets cheaply today , it just won't be this test match all over , it will be the series because Gillespie or Kasper are simply not up to it to provide support for McGrath , Lee and Warne and none of our top order batsmen even look like they are going to make runs , so all i can see is trouble ahead unless there is a major turn around :angry:

Tim stated in an earlier thread after losing the First Test that England would now win the series 4-1 and i just laughed at that.Now that is not a laughing matter , that is a distinct possibility :angry:

Would you go for Tait. I'm a big fan of out and out pace and I'd like to see what he can do. I'm pleased to see Lee doing well and Australia losing!

Would you go for Tait. I'm a big fan of out and out pace and I'd like to see what he can do. I'm pleased to see Lee doing well and Australia losing!

The dickheads were not going to even play him if McGrath had not have played. They were going to play Clark who is currently playing county cricket with one of your sides.Why the fuck take him if he is not going to be used?????? Is he there to wash their white's between tests ????? Shit , i could bowl better than Gillespie. This track has alot of turn and will only turn more as the game goes on {that won't be for much longer the way it's going} Why did they not play MacGill aswell ???????

Now the batsmen !!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a bunch of limp dicks we have here.This is the fifth attempt for our top order to stand up and have failed yet again.

This performance is without doubt the worst i have ever seen from them and they are shot.They are getting smashed in every aspect of the game and the only light at the end of the tunnel is the England freight train approaching at 100 miles per hour ready to deliver the knock out blow :help:

Actually if they wont to make some changes , our womens team are doing pretty well !!!! They could not do any worse than these clowns.

Take out Warne , Lee and McGrath {All bowlers} and no one else has done a thing :angry: They are simply being outclassed. No excuses !!

:drink: If you're an Aussie can you smell it ?? can you ?? can you ?? Defeat my Antipodean buddies,and it's wafting well in your direction.... :banana:  :P  :)  :dance:  :dance:  :lol:  :drink:

:wtf: It ain't wafting in our direction. It is firmly entrenched up our noses as we speak :angry:

I really think that this test match will be decided by the toss.  We won it, and batted, the Aussies would've done the same & probably compiled 500 or so.  Now the weather's turned it will be hard to get anywhere near our score & I think we'll go 2-1 up...

I also think these 2 sides are far too evenly matched for anyone to win 4-1...  Was very unusual to see such poor fielding though, Vaughan's innings should never have happened...

Tim , we have won the toss twice and made the wrong decision IMO on both occasions and to be honest , that pitch had a fair bit of life in it early and i think Harmisson and Flintoff would have probably tore through the top order anyway the way we are going at the moment. For Australia to make 500 runs , it would take about 2 and a half inning's.

Definately 2-1 up and i can't see anything we have got that is going to halt this roll you now have in the remaining 2 tests. :drink:

I hope the rain stops soon because there is no way whatsoever, we deserve a life line here :angry:

I hope the rain stops soon because there is no way whatsoever,  we deserve a life line here :angry:

Is supposed to rain for most of today (although is sunny here in London). If you hadn't avoided the follow-on it would've been all over, but the weather forecast for tomorrow & monday is good so I don't think there'll be any more stops in play after today.

McGrath is a waste of space, he just isn't fit....

Q. What does Adam Gilchrist  and Michael Jackson have in common? A.

They both wear  gloves for no apparent reason

Q. What is the  height of optimism?

A. An Aussie  batsman applying  sunscreen.

Q. What does Ricky Ponting put in his hands to make sure the next ball

almost always takes a  wicket? A. A  bat.

Q. What would Glen  McGrath be if he was an  Englishman?

A. Even Better.

Q. What advantage do  Kevin Pieterson, Andrew Strauss and Geraint

Jones have over the rest of  their team-mates?

A. At least they can  say they're not really  English but still kickin' the Aussies arse.

Q. What is the  Aussie version of a hat-trick?

A. Three runs in  three balls.

Q. What do you call  an Englishman with 100 runs against his  name?

A  Someone who has faced 20 deliveries from Jason Gillespie.

Q. What is the most  proficient form of footwork displayed by  Aussie batsmen?

A. The walk back to  the pavilion.

Q. Who has the  easiest job in the English squad?

A. All of them in the team.

Q. Why is the 12th man the unluckiest English  player?

A. Because he is missing out.

Q. What does "Ashes"  stand for?

A. A Sad  Horrific Embarrasing Series.

Q. What's the  Aussie version of LBW?

A. Lost, Beaten,  Walloped.

Q. Who spends the  most time on the crease of anyone in the English

team?

A. The person who is facing Gillespie.

I thought it would be very fitting to modify a couple of Glam Junkie's cricket jokes.

The above is more like it.

I wonder why he has not returned to this thread :help:

I hope the rain stops soon because there is no way whatsoever,  we deserve a life line here :angry:

I'm almost starting to feel sorry for you.

No Pete , don't feel sorry , make this one hurt real bad , even win outright so something is done about this pathetic performance.

They showed the total amount of runs made by each player and Extra's is our fourth highest scorer !!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a joke!!!!!!!!! Vaughn made more runs in one innings than all bar four of our batsmen have made in 5 inning's !!!!!!!!!! :angry:

This is weird..Australians showing cricket humility !!!

That's cuz it's DAVE!!! :wub: He's not (from what I've seen, anyway) the "typical" Aussie. :lol: (doggy's cool too :P)

Oooops.......there I go with stereotypes. :shutup:

This is weird..Australians showing cricket humility !!!

That's cuz it's DAVE!!! :wub: He's not (from what I've seen, anyway) the "typical" Aussie. :lol: (doggy's cool too :P)

Oooops.......there I go with stereotypes. :shutup:

Maybe you should flick up to what he was saying when they were winning. I reckon he's a typical Aussie alright! :lol:

P.s. Ok, the English rain has set in big-time & no more play today I don't think....

Been watching (what there was of) todays play with my young missus - who is American. Once she'd worked out why on earth the batsmen ran up & down rather than round in a circle, & why we wouldn't have a big cover over the ground in case it rains (bloody good point actually), she decided that Shane Warne was gorgeous & that she'd happily watch it again tomorrow.

Is high-time I was single again, methinks. :lol:

Been watching (what there was of) todays play with my young missus - who is American. Once she'd worked out why on earth the batsmen ran up & down rather than round in a circle, & why we wouldn't have a big cover over the ground in case it rains (bloody good point actually), she decided that Shane Warne was gorgeous & that she'd happily watch it again tomorrow.

Is high-time I was single again, methinks.  :lol:

:blink: whoa........your "missus"????? Uhhhhhh.......you move pretty fast, no? Wasn't it just a few weeks ago you were meeting the mystery drunk chick in the bar??? :lol:

;) messin' with ya!