Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

57 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

Firestorm (1998) - I wasn't expecting much from this one considering the star is Howie Long but it was a surprisingly watchable action flick...

Oh yeah, that one is a lot of fun. Howie Long can't act worth a damn but the mayhem in that flick is impressive. 

Radius (2017) - decent flick about a guy who wakes up after a car accident and people drop dead when they get near him...not great but kept my interest throughout....

Vampires (1998) - still worth a watch despite being an aging B flick...

The Dark Tower (2017) - average sci-fi film...it seems no one can make a great film from a Stephen King novel...shame because he has written some excellent stuff...the Dark Tower should have been made into a mini series including all the books...

"The Villainess" (2017)

A female assassin, having finished her 10-year period of servitude to a top secret government organization, thinks she's free and clear to live a "normal" life... however, figures from her past jobs keep popping up and dragging her back into "the business." Bullets fly, people die, cars crash, stuff blows up, et cetera.
This South Korean action flick is kinda hard to follow at times due to its frequent flashbacks, flash forwards, and changes in POV, but holy crap, does it deliver on the mayhem front. The action sequences in this flick are total balls-to-the-wall ultra-violence and the body count is astronomical. I'm not sure I completely understood what was going on (beer and sub-titles are not a good combination) but I was entertained anyway...

Interstellar.
Watch with my wife and kid who hadn't seen it before.

They felt like I did when I first saw it - a bit confused and not sure about it, but over time I've learnt to really like the movie.

The series was excellent as was this movie installment. Sure it ain't Gone With The Wind, but if you like comedies that are 2,000% irrelevant and triple that % being the opposite of PC than go for it you will NOT be disappointed.

If you haven't done so go watch all 3 seasons of the TV show too as it is/was epic!

1 hour ago, Dead Planet said:

Jumanji : Welcome To The Jungle (2017) - well worth checking out...it is easy to see why it made so much money...

Yeah back to the good old days of the traditional easy to watch fun movie.
Different enough from the original to be a different movie to a large degree.
I wonder if Robin Williams would have made a cameo if he was still around?

"The Foreigner" (2017)

A grief-stricken father (Jackie Chan) who lost his daughter in a London terrorist bombing pressures Scotland Yard and an Irish politician with old I.R.A. ties (Pierce Brosnan) to bring her killers to justice. When that doesn't work, he heads to the Emerald Isle and starts taking apart the bombers' organization by himself. In other words, they f**ked with the wrong Chinaman. 

Cool cloak-and-dagger stuff, with a surprisingly excellent performance by Chan, who sheds his usually goofy, happy go lucky persona here and goes darker and grittier than I've ever seen him. A pleasant surprise all around.

26 minutes ago, nyoilers said:

Just saw Death Wish ,the 2018 version with Bruce Willis.I enjoyed it which I expected to.

Looking forward to this one.
Was delayed release and only came out a few days ago.

"Wonder Woman" (2017)
DC Comics finally hits one out of the park...and it's about damn time!
Princess Diana (Gal Gadot), daughter of the Amazon queen, leaves her sheltered life on Paradise Island when World War I literally arrives at her doorstep in the form of crashed pilot Steve Trevor (Chris Pine).  As she learns how to adapt to the outside world, she also helps Trevor and his commando unit kick a whooooole lotta German bad-guy ass. This very entertaining, non-stop action popcorn epic deservedly became one of last year's biggest hits. 

"It" (2017)

Stephen King's epic saga of small-town kids vs. a sewer-dwelling, child-eating demon clown gets a 21st century face lift, and the result is disappointing at best... I was expecting so much more from this flick in light of the rave reviews ("OMG IT'S THE SCARIEST MOVIE EVER MADE YOU'RE TOTALLY GONNA POOP YOUR PANTS!"), but I found it slow moving and overall, pretty "meh." 

Call me crazy but I seriously preferred the old made-for-TV version with Tim Curry as the killer clown. Oh well, can't win'em all... (shrugs)

Dallas Buyers Club - surprised me the first time I saw it. Was ok on rewatch.

Justice League - was pretty good in this flooded superhero market

The Disaster Artist - meh

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:49 PM, metaltrekman said:

Ive been watching the Netflix series Altered Carbon. Im on season 1 episode 10 and Im really enjoying it.

Just finished Altered Carbon also,excellent show :)

2 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

Star Wars : The Last Jedi - excellent!...can hardly wait for the next one!

Don't think I've seen a post like that before about that movie.

Most people were confused and disappointed at best - hoping that the movie was a big set up for the last one.

9 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Don't think I've seen a post like that before about that movie.

Most people were confused and disappointed at best - hoping that the movie was a big set up for the last one.

The so called Star Wars fans are so picky about minute details when it comes to this series that it is ridiculous...I was not confused about the movie so I'm not sure what their issue is there...all I can say is that it was an great action packed film...people should just sit back and enjoy the movie instead of looking for something to complain about...