Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Just saw A SERIOUS MAN, the new Coen Bros movie. Intresting and a little quirky, but not as good as their other stuff. I think you need to be Jewish in 1967 to really relate to this movie

SALVAGE

Ā 

Bleak British horror film. Very low budget, but very good IMO.

Shane - A classic film!

2012 - Jaw droppingly awesome special effects... the rest of it not so much. Also has some of the worst Russian accents ever committed to film.

The Blind Side - good movie, great story. very little football in this movie so if that has stoped you from watching don't worry, just a really good human story

Ā 

Damage - an ok fighting movie staring Stone Cold Steve Austin and Walton Goggins (Shane from the Shield). like I said it was ok for a B movie. generic story and acting but all in all ok.

Ā 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyQ-eZSbwWc

'Australia' ; This started out so gay, like I was watching 'Ugly Betty' or 'The Devil Wears Prada' in the outback, but I guess it turned out okay when they dropped that shitty atmosphere of the start. Not a great film by any means, but enjoyable enough I guess.

'Australia' ; This started out so gay, like I was watching 'Ugly Betty' or 'The Devil Wears Prada' in the outback, but I guess it turned out okay when they dropped that shitty atmosphere of the start. Not a great film by any means, but enjoyable enough I guess.

I was totaly let down by this film

I was totaly let down by this film

I was expecting something heartbreakingly epic, engrossing and moving... but it was not what I got at all.

"Wetlands Preserved" - a documentary about the "Wetlands Preserve" nightclub in New York City. The Wetlands was known mainly for its Deadhead vibe and its role in kick starting the "jam band" scene in the late 80s/early 90s (Phish, Blues Traveler, Spin Doctors, Dave Matthews Band, etc. all started out playing there when they were unknowns), but it was also a big part of the '90s hardcore scene in New York, and it also supported many other "fringe" forms of music. The club was also a hub of environmentalist/activist causes and activities. I'm not into the "jam" scene at all but it was interesting to see how many VERY big name bands all got their start playing at this little hole in the wall club. I went to an all day death metal festival at the Wetlands back in '94 so I sorta hoped there'd be a clip or two from that show in this movie but no such luck. :lol:

Last night I watched the classic '80s comedy "Bachelor Party" -- hadn't seen that in probably 20 years, it still cracks me up. There are soooooooo many quotable lines/bits in that movie! (still my fave: "You're a pimp? You look like Gandhi!") It's a total time capsule. The clothes, the music, the neon color scheme on damn near everything -- it's like going back to high school again. And OOOOOOF, Tawny Kitaen was at her absolute hottest when she made that movie....

Ā 

I have always wondered how Tom Hanks feels about this movie, now that he's gone on to become such an acclaimed, serious, award winning actor. I would hope he's got a sense of humor about it. Hell, I like this kinda stuff better than most of what he's done since he got famous. I was a big Hanks fan back when he was doing goofball stuff like this movie, "Volunteers," and "Dragnet."

Ā 

I watched this the other night, a great flick I thought Tom Hanks was a total jackass in it though. My favorite Tom Hanks comedy is THE BURBS.

Last night I watched the classic '80s comedy "Bachelor Party" -- hadn't seen that in probably 20 years, it still cracks me up. There are soooooooo many quotable lines/bits in that movie! (still my fave: "You're a pimp? You look like Gandhi!") It's a total time capsule. The clothes, the music, the neon color scheme on damn near everything -- it's like going back to high school again. And OOOOOOF, Tawny Kitaen was at her absolute hottest when she made that movie....

Ā 

I have always wondered how Tom Hanks feels about this movie, now that he's gone on to become such an acclaimed, serious, award winning actor. I would hope he's got a sense of humor about it. Hell, I like this kinda stuff better than most of what he's done since he got famous. I was a big Hanks fan back when he was doing goofball stuff like this movie, "Volunteers," and "Dragnet."

Ā 

I watched this the other night, a great flick I thought Tom Hanks was a total jackass in it though. My favorite Tom Hanks comedy is THE BURBS.

Ā 

I'm all Hanksed out. I try to avoid anything with him in now, he has been in so many films. Now I just find him irritating. Nothing special about him as an actor, but Hollywood directors seem to think he is some sort of genius.

"Until The Light Takes Us" -- a documentary on the Norwegian black metal scene and all the chaos that surrounded it in the early 90s. I'm not a Black Metal fan at all but I have always had a morbid interest in this string of events, simply because the people involved were all completely batsh*t crazy. Lots of interviews with guys like Fenriz (Darkthrone), Varg "Count Grishnackh" Vikernes (from jail), Frost from Satyricon, dudes from Immortal, Mayhem, etc. -- all the major "playas," telling tales of murder, the string of church burnings and the media frenzy that followed in their aftermath, etc., etc. Interesting stuff. I am now more sure than ever that Black Metal is the sound of mental illness put to tape, and that the majority of the guys in this movie shouldn't be walking around loose. Fenriz was the only one who came off as a somewhat normal guy, he was like the "voice of reason" throughout the movie.

"Until The Light Takes Us" -- a documentary on the Norwegian black metal scene and all the chaos that surrounded it in the early 90s. I'm not a Black Metal fan at all but I have always had a morbid interest in this string of events, simply because the people involved were all completely batsh*t crazy. Lots of interviews with guys like Fenriz (Darkthrone), Varg "Count Grishnackh" Vikernes (from jail), Frost from Satyricon, dudes from Immortal, Mayhem, etc. -- all the major "playas," telling tales of murder, the string of church burnings and the media frenzy that followed in their aftermath, etc., etc. Interesting stuff. I am now more sure than ever that Black Metal is the sound of mental illness put to tape, and that the majority of the guys in this movie shouldn't be walking around loose. Fenriz was the only one who came off as a somewhat normal guy, he was like the "voice of reason" throughout the movie.

Ā 

That sounds damn interesting. I to hate Black Metal and just don't get it at all. Then again I don't get Death Metal either but the whole scene up there with the Black Metal guys was so not about the music and more about proving who was more real than anyone else. I wonder if I should watch what I say here, hopefully they don't come and burn down my house. :unsure:

Ā 

That should be interesting. I like black metal especially the melodic/symphonic movement but also Darkthrone and a few old-school/raw/primitive bands. Btw Fenriz is a totally normal guy, a typical metal head with a nice beer belly. :beerbang::tumbsup:

That sounds damn interesting. I to hate Black Metal and just don't get it at all. Then again I don't get Death Metal either but the whole scene up there with the Black Metal guys was so not about the music and more about proving who was more real than anyone else. I wonder if I should watch what I say here, hopefully they don't come and burn down my house. :unsure:

Ā 

It was quite interesting, a little dull in spots (and somewhat frustrating occasionally when there'd be subtitles that were hard to read against the background picture) but overall I enjoyed it. I don't think it made me appreciate or understand Black Metal much but it's definitely intriguing, in a "What the f*ck is wrong with these people?" sort of way. :lol:

Ā 

That guy Count Grishnakh is a piece of work. He's apparently become Norway's version of Charles Manson nowadays, i.e. a big celebrity murderer/criminal with a cult following. He sez the church burnings were meant to bring Norway back to its Viking origins by eliminating Christianity from the country altogether. Um.... okay. :blink:

Ā 

That should be interesting. I like black metal especially the melodic/symphonic movement but also Darkthrone and a few old-school/raw/primitive bands. Btw Fenriz is a totally normal guy, a typical metal head with a nice beer belly.

Ā 

Fenriz appears to be a cool guy who wishes that Black Metal had just stayed underground, stuck to its core audience, and remained just about the music, which was the way it started out, before all the silliness turned it into a "trend." I can sorta relate to that. It reminded me of me around 1992 when Metallica had become the biggest band in the world and all of their old underground fans from the KILL'EM ALL days were bummed about them 'selling out.' :lol:

Ā 

I saw the movie on the Sundance Channel by the way, if anybody's interested in checking it out. I'm sure they'll run it again.

Ā 

It was quite interesting, a little dull in spots (and somewhat frustrating occasionally when there'd be subtitles that were hard to read against the background picture) but overall I enjoyed it. I don't think it made me appreciate or understand Black Metal much but it's definitely intriguing, in a "What the f*ck is wrong with these people?" sort of way. :lol:

Ā 

That guy Count Grishnakh is a piece of work. He's apparently become Norway's version of Charles Manson nowadays, i.e. a big celebrity murderer/criminal with a cult following. He sez the church burnings were meant to bring Norway back to its Viking origins by eliminating Christianity from the country altogether. Um.... okay. :blink:

Ā 

That should be interesting. I like black metal especially the melodic/symphonic movement but also Darkthrone and a few old-school/raw/primitive bands. Btw Fenriz is a totally normal guy, a typical metal head with a nice beer belly.

Ā 

Fenriz appears to be a cool guy who wishes that Black Metal had just stayed underground, stuck to its core audience, and remained just about the music, which was the way it started out, before all the silliness turned it into a "trend." I can sorta relate to that. It reminded me of me around 1992 when Metallica had become the biggest band in the world and all of their old underground fans from the KILL'EM ALL days were bummed about them 'selling out.' :lol:

Ā 

I saw the movie on the Sundance Channel by the way, if anybody's interested in checking it out. I'm sure they'll run it again.

Ā 

Ā 

I saw previews for this and want to see it!! Sundance channel you say?? Will have to see when it's gonna be shown again and fire up My DVR!!! :beerbang:

Ā 

I saw previews for this and want to see it!! Sundance channel you say?? Will have to see when it's gonna be shown again and fire up My DVR!!! :beerbang:

Ā 

Yea, I don't usually pay attention to what's on Sundance Channel (they play mostly foreign/indie films and stuff that's really not my taste) but occasionally they run some cool music-related documentaries... the "Wetlands Preserve: The Story of an Activist Nightclub" movie I saw a few nights ago was on Sundance too... and I recorded one about the Who ("Amazing Journey") a week or two ago that I haven't had time to watch yet.

Over the past couple of days:

Edward Scissorhands

Stranger Than Fiction

Dead Poet's Society

Ā 

Yes I haven't gone out much, but that's because it's cold... and there are wolves after me.