Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Yea I sort of watched Twilight a couple weeks ago.. I say sort of, cause My roommate had it on, and I was watching it, but once I saw vampires walking in sunlight?? I pretty much tuned it out.. Sorry, but that not the vampires I remember.. I am sure it's a good love story, but a vampire movie?? Nope, it kinda sucks..... :whistle:

As I said above that's the same way I felt.

There's rules in Vampire movies and they shouldn't be broke.

but the guy in Moonlight could walk in sunlight aswell, its still one of the best TV Shows of the last 10 years IMO :tumbsup:

speaking of vampires....last film i watched was The Lost Boys earlier, ive never seen it before and i have to say....i was a little disappointed, another Darkman situation for me...i think i expected more from it, and i certainly didnt think that Corey Feldman was playing an adolescent vampire hunter, that threw me when i figured it out :P

I did like the show Moonlight but I didn't like how he could walk in the sunlight.

While it was a good show it wasn't even close to being as good as the show Angel.

The Wicker Man (original) ; well, after seeing this and the new one in the space of a week, I am definitely going to have to go against the grain and say I MUCH prefer the new one. This was obviously a terrible film, but I can see the appeal. It's strange, odd and very quirky... but horrible. Despite having the best scene in cinema history (when the blonde girl is singing her mating call in her room, dancing on the wall etc.) I just really didn't dig it. To compare - I hated the girl power aspect of the new one, which was completely absent from this one. So that was one positive. But the overly christian nature of the lead character was truly laughable and seeing him burn at the end was really almost a treat. People will hate this, but I actually liked the US version's decision to "hollywood it up" with a story pre-arrival on the island and the link between the cop and a woman on the island, and eventually the kid too. I just felt the "extras" in the US version actually made it a better film.

You Sir are a Freak!! :tumbsup:

The Wicker Man (original) ; well, after seeing this and the new one in the space of a week, I am definitely going to have to go against the grain and say I MUCH prefer the new one. This was obviously a terrible film, but I can see the appeal. It's strange, odd and very quirky... but horrible. Despite having the best scene in cinema history (when the blonde girl is singing her mating call in her room, dancing on the wall etc.) I just really didn't dig it. To compare - I hated the girl power aspect of the new one, which was completely absent from this one. So that was one positive. But the overly christian nature of the lead character was truly laughable and seeing him burn at the end was really almost a treat. People will hate this, but I actually liked the US version's decision to "hollywood it up" with a story pre-arrival on the island and the link between the cop and a woman on the island, and eventually the kid too. I just felt the "extras" in the US version actually made it a better film.

Fair play to you Geoff, this is one of those classics that us old uns obviously appreciate :)

Watched "City of Ember" with the family and was not too impressed. It wasn't quite as preachy as the book, and the atmosphere/cinematography were impressive...but how many end of the world fighting over canned peaches movies can one person stand?

Glengarry Glen Ross - excellent film. I had never heard of this, but it was just great. Magnificent performances all round, especially the "main character" - that old fella. The end was a bit open, but overall a great amount of fun to watch.

Despite having the best scene in cinema history (when the blonde girl is singing her mating call in her room, dancing on the wall etc.)

Didn't Brit Ekland use a body double for that scene? Anyone know?

Yes she did. I saw a 'Making Of..' Documentary years ago and it mentioned it.

Despite having the best scene in cinema history (when the blonde girl is singing her mating call in her room, dancing on the wall etc.)

Didn't Brit Ekland use a body double for that scene? Anyone know?

Yes she did. I saw a 'Making Of..' Documentary years ago and it mentioned it.

Nice choice of body double. happy.png

I watched "I Am Legend" earlier.....

wad ya think.....good, but depressing. jesus.

Agreed...........

I don't know if you guys have this one, but we have a 2 disc version of the film with an alternate theatrical version of the movie. There are a few tiny differences along the way (an extra scene or 2), but a completely different (and not as depressing) ending. Either way, the dog still dies so it's pretty much the most depressing film ever. Seriously, this 2 disc set is very cool.

Agreed...........

I don't know if you guys have this one, but we have a 2 disc version of the film with an alternate theatrical version of the movie. There are a few tiny differences along the way (an extra scene or 2), but a completely different (and not as depressing) ending. Either way, the dog still dies so it's pretty much the most depressing film ever. Seriously, this 2 disc set is very cool.

I just watched it on SKY movies I'm afraid.........

Agreed...........

I just watched it on SKY movies I'm afraid.........

yeah me too. when the dog dies is depressing.......poor thing. Still dont understand where that rope came from that strung him up????!