Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

• My Little Pony

Serenity - many years since I watched it and it is still one of the better sci-fi films....

Truu!

I have the special edition DVD. It's a bigger box, about the size of a TV series boxset, so I constantly mistook it for the Firefly boxset, which I didn't actually own. So many times I would be taking Firefly with people, and then think, "I need to go home and watch this series, again." Then I'd get home, all excited to watch Firefly, and realise I don't own it. So I'd end up watching Serenity, because it's still bloody great.

Well, I finally bought Firefly on Blu-ray, and life has been great.

Haha. That's my Serenity/Firefly story.

Have you heard of the new Alan Tudyk/Nathan Fillion webseries?

Looks like a comedy....speaking of sequels I would have loved to see a sequel to Serenity....

Yeah, or perhaps a prequel, 'cause I don't know if I want a Serenity without Book. But I highly doubt it'll happen. Second series of Firefly would happen first, but that's doubtful, too.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Dead Pool - pretty great

Hilarious portrayal of a metal lead singer by Jim Carrey (His "Welcome to the jungle" lip syncing performance is priceless. It also has one of the best car chase scenes ever. I don't know how an explosive delivery system like that hasn't become more popular in real life.

"Attack of Life: The Bang Tango Movie" (2015)

Entertaining low budget documentary about the curiously long running cult '80s hair metal act, best remembered for the single "Someone Like You." Bang Tango's tales of almost-success, drugs, breakups, reformations and industry back-stabbing make for compelling viewing, but singer Joe LeSte' (the only original member still in the band today) comes off as a delusional control freak most of the time. By the end of the flick it's easy to see why he still can't keep a stable B.T. lineup together even to this day.

Hysteria The Def Leppard story. Found this while ruttin' about on YouTube last night and it appears to be a VH1 affair from 2001. Nothing here you probably don't already know but still an OK watch if anything to see Anthony Michael Hall play Mutt Lange...

I saw that when it first aired on VH1 years back. Not a bad watch. I actually have that on my "to be viewed" list on YouTube right now :rofl2:

Still waiting for someone to put the VH1 movie "Warning: Parental Advisory" with Jason Priestly, Dee Snider and Griffin Dunne (as Frank Zappa) on YouTube in one piece, instead of 10 individual ten-minute slices...

Hysteria The Def Leppard story. Found this while ruttin' about on YouTube last night and it appears to be a VH1 affair from 2001. Nothing here you probably don't already know but still an OK watch if anything to see Anthony Michael Hall play Mutt Lange...

I saw that when it first aired on VH1 years back. Not a bad watch. I actually have that on my "to be viewed" list on YouTube right now :rofl2:

Still waiting for someone to put the VH1 movie "Warning: Parental Advisory" with Jason Priestly, Dee Snider and Griffin Dunne (as Frank Zappa) on YouTube in one piece, instead of 10 individual ten-minute slices...

Watching it however make one wonder what Steve Clark would be up to/like if he hadn't succumbed to his personal demons and alcoholism. Weird to think he passed in 1991...

"Jason X" (2001)

The slasher genre meets sci-fi head on when Jason Voorhees is cryogenically frozen in the early 21st century, only to be defrosted by space-faring archaeologists in 2455. Fortunately, teenagers are just as horny and stupid in the future as they are in the present day so Jason gets back to his old habits very quickly. A lot of "Friday the 13th" fanboys hate this flick, but it's so bizarre and ridiculous that it's kind of awesome if you're in the right frame of mind for it. I find it works best if you treat it as a parody of the "F13" saga instead of another serious entry in the series.

• 2023 Gold Donors

The scene where "Mutt Lange" plays "Bringin'on the heartbreak to the guys in the studio is brilliant.

"Deadlier than the Male" (1967)

A suave insurance investigator is on the case when several businessmen connected with a big oil-rights deal are murdered by a pair of beautiful female hired assassins (Elke Sommer and Sylvia Koscina). Based loosely on the long running "Bulldog Drummond" series of British adventure novels, this is one of the better Bond knockoffs I've seen lately, with above average production values and performances, and phenomenal eye candy!!

Useless trivia: Richard Johnson, who stars as "Drummond" was once in the running to play James Bond before Sean Connery got the role.

• My Little Pony

Kung Fu Panda 3

Oh, boy. How was this? I wanna see it, but I don't know anyone to go with. My nephew's too young for movies.

Kung Fu Panda 3

Oh, boy. How was this? I wanna see it, but I don't know anyone to go with. My nephew's too young for movies.

I'd go with u but I'm in Oz and it aint out here yet, I think!

Kung Fu Panda 3

Enjoyed it,this was the first of them that my 3 year old has seen so it was great for him,have to dig out the other 2 now from his big brothers dvd collection,animation was first class and plenty of action and whats not to like about po? I was surprised this was on as part of a Saturday kids club as I was sure the release date wasn't til march?

"Some Girls Do" (1969)

Richard Johnson returns as suave investigator/James Bond knockoff Hugh "Bulldog" Drummond in this sequel to "Deadlier than the Male." This time he's assigned to find out who's sabotaging the test flights of a new supersonic airplane, which leads him to an island paradise run by a madman with a private army of robotic female soldiers. (I swear I am not making this up.) Where "Deadlier..." was a pretty straightforward spy flick, "Some Girls Do" is more of a "wink-wink, nudge-nudge" sort of spoof. I preferred the first movie, but this was still an entertaining watch... especially for the eye candy (lotsa hot 60s chicks in micro-mini skirts and go-go-boots)!!