Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

'3:10 to Yuma' ; watched this last weekend but forgot to report on it. With the cast it had I'm surprised I never knew this existed, but I really liked it. Sure indeed it was a sad ending, but I really enjoyed the whole film. Nice one.

The one with Russell Crowe and Christian Bale? Or the original movie? I enjoyed both.

My wife picked this one out for tonight...

"Abandoned" - Brittany Murphy's last film. She drops her boyfriend off at a hospital for a routine procedure and... he disappears without a trace. She then spends the rest of the movie trying to convince hospital security and the police that she's not crazy. Not bad, but not great, this was a pretty routine low budget suspense/mystery flick that probably would've went quietly to DVD or premiered on the Lifetime Network if it weren't for the added "BRITTANY MURPHY'S FINAL PERFORMANCE" hype.

Sounds like FLIGHT PLAN with Jodi Foster..

My wife picked this one out for tonight...

"Abandoned" - Brittany Murphy's last film. She drops her boyfriend off at a hospital for a routine procedure and... he disappears without a trace. She then spends the rest of the movie trying to convince hospital security and the police that she's not crazy. Not bad, but not great, this was a pretty routine low budget suspense/mystery flick that probably would've went quietly to DVD or premiered on the Lifetime Network if it weren't for the added "BRITTANY MURPHY'S FINAL PERFORMANCE" hype.

Sounds like FLIGHT PLAN with Jodi Foster..

Now that you mention it, yeah, they share a similar idea, just in different settings (an airplane vs. a hospital).

The other major difference, of course, is that Jodie Foster is 100x the actress Brittany Murphy was. (Not speakin' ill of the dead, just speakin' the truth.)

Watching SAW later, never seen any of these films.

So how did you like it? I thought the 1st was pretty original and interesting. The later ones were much less so, and kind of pointless past Jigsaw.

Just saw the new WOLFMAN, like it better than I thought I would. The fx/makeup could have been better but suited the movie OK. The sets were gorgeous

'3:10 to Yuma' ; watched this last weekend but forgot to report on it. With the cast it had I'm surprised I never knew this existed, but I really liked it. Sure indeed it was a sad ending, but I really enjoyed the whole film. Nice one.

The one with Russell Crowe and Christian Bale? Or the original movie? I enjoyed both.

Yeah, the one with Crowe and Bale... good stuff.

'Anchorman' ; I'm going to have to make my way through all this guy's films now. I liked this one too, found it quite amusing indeed.

fermats-room-sleeve.jpeg

Excellent Spanish thriller, engaging and gripping, highly recommended. Might be one or two plot holes and borrowed ideas, but overall it's an extremely well put together, entertaining film.

• My Little Pony

Monty Python's Life of Brian

Funniest film ever! (Well, it's between Life of Brian and This Is Spinal Tap imo.)

Well, it is widely regarded as the greatest British comedy of all time.

Ashamedly, I haven't seen Spinal Tap. Yet.

Funniest film ever! (Well, it's between Life of Brian and This Is Spinal Tap imo.)

I always thought that 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail' is better...

I always thought that 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail' is better...

'Holy Grail' is a very silly, very funny film. Surely the best put-down ever is, "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."

However, I don't find it pant-wettingly funny like 'Life of Brian'.