Eclipse - Apocalypse Blues

Stefan

Teaser sounds pretty good.

Seems way too early for a new album though.  I suppose my guess would be it's a leftover from the last album recording sessions but maybe some kind of compilation or something is coming.  I wouldn't put it past them to maybe have a Megalomanium Deluxe Edition coming either...They did something like that with Armageddonize.

Hoping for something that stands out a little more than most of the stuff on Megalomanium did for me.  That last album just didn't grab me much.  I think I have 2 songs from it in my main playlist (Hardest Part is Losing You and Children of the Night) and the rest just kind of bounced off me.  It was a little weird though...Didn't dislike anything on it and sounded fine.  Just not very memorable or something.  

Edited by tts42572

New song is basically more of what you'd expect in terms of sticking to their formula.

That said, I like this song a bit more than most on the last album.  This one kind of reminds me of Saturday Night from Wired and feels like a song that could've fit on that album.

I know their songs don't really stray too far from each other but I felt like Wired had more "catchy" tunes than the last album and this song to me has some catchiness to it.

Still not breaking any new ground though.

12 hours ago, Y&TForever said:

maybe it IS a compilation album…

I saw from Magnus on You Tube in the video premiere that it's just a one off single that is being released on Vinyl.  There is no album coming in near future.

Although, I still wouldn't be surprised to see a deluxe edition of Megalomanium at some point with this song on it.

Edited by tts42572

The song is OK. Extremely typical Martensson riff and production but it's better than most of Megalomanium.

All the bots in the video comments are loving it though! :P

Edited by Eric3

What you'd expect form them. Good song, I would take an album full of this

Was expecting a much more 'bluesier' vibe which would have been a bit different and interesting.

However I like the song. I enjoyed the last album, but took more listens than usual for it to grab me.

Fitting title, now that we're about to get nuked. ; )

Riff, verses and pre-chorus better than anything on the last album. Chorus is okay... reminds me a little bit of the last album, but not too much. It's better, imo.

I didn't enjoy the last album at all, but I'm hopeful and confident this'll be much better. I know it seemed to get some good reviews - seemingly from people outside of their regular fanbase? - but I believe most of their regular fanbase was disappointed. So I'm hoping they want to quickly reverse that and prove they still "got it." 

Still had it playing... yeah, this one definitely sounds like something you'd hear from them before the last album. I'm hopeful. If there's a band that I'd trust could quickly get back to form, it'd be these guys for sure.