Nitrate - Feel The Heat

Stefan

Didn't expect to really like this as I just don't care for Strandell's vocals much anymore.....however, this has some really well crafted songs and a cool throwback 80's vibe that's done so well I almost forget about not liking Strandell's vocals.

Feel The Heat, All The Right Moves, Needs A Little Love....some good stuff there.

Still probably not something I'll go back to often as I really don't like Strandell but it probably is their best album to date and expect many will like it.

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 1

Really stronge album and for me their best.

• Like 1

Bit unsure about this one and willing to give it some more time before I really get a good feel for it. 

On first listen, nothing wrong with the songs. All good, catchy upbeat tunes. Favourites would be 'All The Right Moves,' 'Satellite,' and 'Big Time' but there's a bunch of others not far off them. 

The issue I had and couldn't shake was the sound quality / production. It happens every week when I'm listening to these razor sharp produced albums played back to back with ones that maybe don't quite reach the same. standard. Usually it takes a song or two to acclimate to the new album, and generally speaking, from that point on it just sounds "normal." But it didn't happen with this one. All the while I listened to this I thought it sounded like a very well recorded demo. To be more exact, a glam metal demo, done on a tight budget with a few bits that might have been tweaked if a seasoned producer / mixer got their hands on it before it was released to the masses. And maybe I was hearing things, but it even seemed a little uneven at times, that some songs sounded worse than others. 

I should clarify... it's not a shocking production job that I completely hate. In time I'm sure it'll be adequate. But these kind of songs need something pretty slick, and there's nothing slick about the production job and I wish there was. 

Good songs, though. 

4 hours ago, Geoff said:

Bit unsure about this one and willing to give it some more time before I really get a good feel for it. 

On first listen, nothing wrong with the songs. All good, catchy upbeat tunes. Favourites would be 'All The Right Moves,' 'Satellite,' and 'Big Time' but there's a bunch of others not far off them. 

The issue I had and couldn't shake was the sound quality / production. It happens every week when I'm listening to these razor sharp produced albums played back to back with ones that maybe don't quite reach the same. standard. Usually it takes a song or two to acclimate to the new album, and generally speaking, from that point on it just sounds "normal." But it didn't happen with this one. All the while I listened to this I thought it sounded like a very well recorded demo. To be more exact, a glam metal demo, done on a tight budget with a few bits that might have been tweaked if a seasoned producer / mixer got their hands on it before it was released to the masses. And maybe I was hearing things, but it even seemed a little uneven at times, that some songs sounded worse than others. 

I should clarify... it's not a shocking production job that I completely hate. In time I'm sure it'll be adequate. But these kind of songs need something pretty slick, and there's nothing slick about the production job and I wish there was. 

Good songs, though. 

Same thoughts. Was listening to it last night and wasn't impressed with the production. A good production job would have elevated the songs even more. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not feeling this one 😕 

As mentioned production is weak (and plain annoying when most other bands nail it even on a shoestring), Strandells vocals are just not me 🤷, pretty generic song titles and ideas that you've heard a million times.

Sure folk will love it plenty but it's a hard pass for me