Dokken - Heaven Comes Down / New album coming October 27, 2023

whiplash1972

Hellz yeah! :banger:

Dokken - Heaven Comes Down coming this September!

IMG_4861.jpeg

IMG_4862.jpeg

IMG_4863.jpeg

IMG_4864.jpeg

• Like 1

Can Don cut it live these days? No. But with multiple takes and some studio magic I believe they can still deliver a good, solid album. Levin is a beast! 🎸 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, whiplash1972 said:

Can Don cut it live these days? No. But with multiple takes and some studio magic I believe they can still deliver a good, solid album. Levin is a beast! 🎸 

"Allright guys, Dream Warriors take #734..."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’ve seen this pop up in a couple places now, so I guess this is the artwork for “Heaven Comes Down”. 

It’s not terrible, but it screams being some sort of AI generated pic. Maybe not, but it sure looks it… 😒

Anyway, still looking forward to hearing what Don and Co have come up with. 

IMG_5114.jpeg

IMG_5109.jpeg

• Like 2

I'd love so much for this album to be awesome... or I'd even take really good. 

I'm surprised as I thought Don was more or less done, so happy for him that he can go another round, and hoping the songs stack up. 

• Like 2

Home now and given “Fugitive” a proper listen; I like it. Good, solid hard rocker, and as expected, it’s Levin’s guitar work that really shines here. Looking forward to hearing the rest. 👍

—————————————————-

DOKKEN TO RELEASE NEW STUDIO ALBUM “HEAVEN COMES DOWN” ON 27TH OCTOBER

You can feel that heat off the Sunset Strip and see that hair in the wind as Dokken bring their timeless convertible Ferrari rock ‘n’ roll power to the table with Heaven Comes Down, an unapologetic celebration of everything Dokken do best. You want to rock? Sink your teeth into “Fugitive”, which rides some shimmering guitar work courtesy of Jon Levin, Don Dokken imploring that “I’m a fugitive from life”, and if you want ballads, head on over to “I’ll Never Give Up”, hanging on that Coliseum chorus, Levin laying down a landmark solo. The pattern of Heaven Comes Down never falters in delivering the goods on both sides of the fence. “Just Like A Rose” brings the Pacific Coast Highway into vision with its smooth, effortlessly-driven gears, and “Saving Grace” carries a mystical malevolence. But it is closer “Santa Fe” which is perhaps the most revealing, spare yet glorious moment, Don Dokken opening up with what amounts to a ‘life-moment biography’, a spartan acoustic arrangement allowing the rich yet road-driven vocals to frame what might well prove to be the defining moment of Dokken’s career. Mixed by Kevin Shirley (Aerosmith, Iron Maiden, Joe Bonamassa) and produced by Bill Palmer and Don Dokken, fans will love it, neutrals will be wonderfully surprised by some of the ingredients within Heaven Comes Down. Heaven Comes Down will be released on CD Digipak, 12” Vinyl Album in Black and colour variants, digital formats and special D2C products and bundles. Available to pre-order from August 8th 2023.

IMG_5153.jpeg

• whiplash1972 changed the title to Dokken - Heaven Comes Down / New album coming October 27, 2023
  • 2023 Gold Donors

14 hours ago, whiplash1972 said:

Home now and given “Fugitive” a proper listen; I like it. Good, solid hard rocker, and as expected, it’s Levin’s guitar work that really shines here. Looking forward to hearing the rest. 👍

—————————————————-

DOKKEN TO RELEASE NEW STUDIO ALBUM “HEAVEN COMES DOWN” ON 27TH OCTOBER

You can feel that heat off the Sunset Strip and see that hair in the wind as Dokken bring their timeless convertible Ferrari rock ‘n’ roll power to the table with Heaven Comes Down, an unapologetic celebration of everything Dokken do best. You want to rock? Sink your teeth into “Fugitive”, which rides some shimmering guitar work courtesy of Jon Levin, Don Dokken imploring that “I’m a fugitive from life”, and if you want ballads, head on over to “I’ll Never Give Up”, hanging on that Coliseum chorus, Levin laying down a landmark solo. The pattern of Heaven Comes Down never falters in delivering the goods on both sides of the fence. “Just Like A Rose” brings the Pacific Coast Highway into vision with its smooth, effortlessly-driven gears, and “Saving Grace” carries a mystical malevolence. But it is closer “Santa Fe” which is perhaps the most revealing, spare yet glorious moment, Don Dokken opening up with what amounts to a ‘life-moment biography’, a spartan acoustic arrangement allowing the rich yet road-driven vocals to frame what might well prove to be the defining moment of Dokken’s career. Mixed by Kevin Shirley (Aerosmith, Iron Maiden, Joe Bonamassa) and produced by Bill Palmer and Don Dokken, fans will love it, neutrals will be wonderfully surprised by some of the ingredients within Heaven Comes Down. Heaven Comes Down will be released on CD Digipak, 12” Vinyl Album in Black and colour variants, digital formats and special D2C products and bundles. Available to pre-order from August 8th 2023.

IMG_5153.jpeg

Agreed.

Don's voice is certainly not what it was, but you can definitely get a sense of what it was.

His voice isn't cooked by any means, just different. 

Not too shabby for a 70 year old.

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, whiplash1972 said:

Levin’s guitar work that really shines here. Looking forward to hearing the rest. 👍

Yeah it sounds great once again.

• Like 1

New song isn't terrible, but geez, Don's voice is barely a shadow of what it once was. 

I'll still buy the album, of course... once a fan boy, always a fan boy... 

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

Heard the new tune a few days ago and i like it! Hope this isn't the last Dokken' record although it could be possible.

There is a short 4:00+ minute 'VintageRock Pod' interview with George..and he pretty much lays out the reasons the ship has likely sailed on any reunion of the classic line-up...and how there just seems to be too much against it for it to ever happen.

George is easily in the best shape of any of the other guys.Jeff Pilson is currently playing live' on a stool because of back issues...etc.Most know about Don's health issues and vocal problems...Mick Brown has retired and is awol.

Sadly time may have got these guys...

• 1 month later...

Sadly I’m not really hearing anything in these new songs that I haven’t heard in recent releases. None of it’s horrendous… just “dull,” for lack of a better word. 

• Like 1