World Cup 2022

Ponen

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, Glen said:

I thought England played really well, especially in the 2nd half. Just wasnt quite enough.

Congrats to France and hope for a Mbappe Messi showdown in the final 👊

Absolutely. The first twenty minutes? Not so much. But that early first goal, which was an absolute cracker, woke them up. France played real dirty. Should have been a few more calls. But in the end, England just couldn't produce enough opportunities. Completely shut down Mbappe, though. Often England leaves the tournament after an embarrassing effort, but not this time. 

I'm a bit worried we could end up with a boring Croatia - Morocco finale.  

10 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Absolutely. The first twenty minutes? Not so much. But that early first goal, which was an absolute cracker, woke them up. France played real dirty. Should have been a few more calls. But in the end, England just couldn't produce enough opportunities. Completely shut down Mbappe, though. Often England leaves the tournament after an embarrassing effort, but not this time. 

I'm a bit worried we could end up with a boring Croatia - Morocco finale.  

Bit disappointed as I think both Holland and England played better and both are out. But that is soccer. Gotta take your chances. Think I am on team France now cause I dislike the remaining countries. Croatian fans are the worst, being basically fascists. Argentina are cheats and always have been. Morocco is Morocco. So Vive la France 🇫🇷 

58 minutes ago, auslander said:

Bit disappointed as I think both Holland and England played better and both are out. But that is soccer. Gotta take your chances. Think I am on team France now cause I dislike the remaining countries. Croatian fans are the worst, being basically fascists. Argentina are cheats and always have been. Morocco is Morocco. So Vive la France 🇫🇷 

would like to see someone else win it tbh. Would be a good end to Messi's career.

Not that I will see the final as will be travelling up to Cats in Space gig 🥳🥳

1 hour ago, auslander said:

Argentina are cheats and always have been. 

Speaking of this, can someone set my mind at ease? I only watch the highlights, but I assume you guys are watching the full matches. 

So in the match yesterday, my question is about Argentina's second goal - the penalty. The replays clearly showed the Argentinian maggot took a ridiculous dive and the Dutch dude was nowhere near him. I was watching it thinking, can't they contest that? Can't they send it to the video ref or something, and either get the Argentinian murdered on the spot, or at least red carded? And obviously the penalty reversed. But I assumed it wasn't allowed for such an instance. 

But then today I'm watching the France and England highlights and a couple of similar type of instances went to the video ref. So what's the deal in the Holland match? Did they take that to the video ref and lose, and if so how? Or did they not send it to the video ref? It was so blatant and obviously a domino effect kind of moment... but you could argue it may have cost Holland their spot in the competition. So did they review it? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Speaking of this, can someone set my mind at ease? I only watch the highlights, but I assume you guys are watching the full matches. 

So in the match yesterday, my question is about Argentina's second goal - the penalty. The replays clearly showed the Argentinian maggot took a ridiculous dive and the Dutch dude was nowhere near him. I was watching it thinking, can't they contest that? Can't they send it to the video ref or something, and either get the Argentinian murdered on the spot, or at least red carded? And obviously the penalty reversed. But I assumed it wasn't allowed for such an instance. 

But then today I'm watching the France and England highlights and a couple of similar type of instances went to the video ref. So what's the deal in the Holland match? Did they take that to the video ref and lose, and if so how? Or did they not send it to the video ref? It was so blatant and obviously a domino effect kind of moment... but you could argue it may have cost Holland their spot in the competition. So did they review it? 

yeah somehow the kane incident went to var as well, despite it being a blatant penalty wasn't allowed?? how? 

Also the Saka free kick was not allowed which lead to the first France goal. Foul in my book, if he'd screamed and rolled around it would probably have stopped play.

is what it is but some odd decisions

12 hours ago, Geoff said:

All the acting, diving , screaming and all round BS is why I rarely watch this sport....it reminds me of 'pro' wrestling too much.....they really should try to clean up that shit as it is a travesty....

Edited by Dead Planet

2 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

All the acting, diving , screaming and all round BS is why I rarely watch this sport....it reminds me of 'pro' wresting too much.....they really should try to clean up that shit as it is a travesty....

only really happens in international football and just certain countries as well. 

You never really see any play acting or cheating in the English Premier league.

The worst are Brazil,  Argentina, Uruguay & Portugal 

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
7 hours ago, Geoff said:

Welcome to the corruption of FIFA. 

• My Little Pony
3 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

All the acting, diving , screaming and all round BS is why I rarely watch this sport....it reminds me of 'pro' wresting too much.....they really should try to clean up that shit as it is a travesty....

Sometimes you have to, though. Fouls aren't always so obvious, so sometimes you have to play it up so the officials actually notice. Also, have any of you ever had someone step on your foot with cleats? That shit is fuckin' excruciating.  So, yes, too often there are little bitches diving and faking a contact that never happened, but there are also legit tumbles and screams of pain. It's difficult to tell which is genuine when there are so many pieces moving along so quickly. 

4 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Sometimes you have to, though. Fouls aren't always so obvious, so sometimes you have to play it up so the officials actually notice. Also, have any of you ever had someone step on your foot with cleats? That shit is fuckin' excruciating.  So, yes, too often there are little bitches diving and faking a contact that never happened, but there are also legit tumbles and screams of pain. It's difficult to tell which is genuine when there are so many pieces moving along so quickly. 

What about video review and if the player is caught diving/acting then penalize the team/player...it wouldn't be long before that shit stopped or at least became less common...

• 2023 Gold Donors
41 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

What about video review and if the player is caught diving/acting then penalize the team/player...it wouldn't be long before that shit stopped or at least became less common...

I'm pretty sure a player can be booked for diving.

3 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

You could also throw in Italy as we well know from 2006.

The absolute worst diver was a German though. Watch Klinsmann get shot and then stabbed by this defender who then got a red card.

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 12/6/2022 at 10:47 AM, AlphaMale said:

I think I'm becoming a fan!

This one's slightly off topic, but I think you'll appreciate it Russ.

Robert Lewandowski, a gun Polish player, playing for Bayern Munich in the German League in 2015, pulled off the best performance of any player before or since.

This is Legendary stuff. Ridiculously Unbelievable!

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
16 minutes ago, auslander said:

The absolute worst diver was a German though. Watch Klinsmann get shot and then stabbed by this defender who then got a red card.

The Rivaldo one is probably the most infamous. 

The Turkish guy was actually sent off for that shit.

• Haha 1