Crashdiet - Automaton

Stefan

276059331_3052942698252997_6589488239304

New album 'Automaton' out April 29 through Golden Robot Records.

More details to come...

Tracks:

01. Automaton
02. Together Whatever
03. Shine On
04. No Man's Land
05. Darker Minds
06. Dead Crusade
07. Powerline (Feat. Michael Starr)
08. Resurrection Of The Damned
09. We Die Hard
10. Shell Shock
11. Unbroken
12. I Can't Move On (Without You)

Edited by Stefan

• 2 weeks later...

Like with the last album Rust they are also releasing this album on MiniDisc, which is way cool for us retroheads. As far as I know, only they and Nitrate still support MiniDisc.

https://www.dietrecords.org/shop/music/other-formats

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2022 at 5:19 AM, AlphaMale said:

new single premieres tonight:

Heard this today... what a killer track. Sounds like 'Generation Wild' era Crashdiet.

Haven't been too enthused about recent releases, but this well and truly propelled this to my most anticipated album of the year. Very excited. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Geoff said:

Heard this today... what a killer track. Sounds like 'Generation Wild' era Crashdiet.

Haven't been too enthused about recent releases, but this well and truly propelled this to my most anticipated album of the year. Very excited. 

Definitely has Generation Wild vibe.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2022 at 8:08 PM, AlphaMale said:

First spin and OMG this is awesome!

just got through first spin. Very good, massive ballsy sound.

There were a couple of average songs I thought but at least 4 killers which were debut worthy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glen said:

just got through first spin. Very good, massive ballsy sound.

There were a couple of average songs I thought but at least 4 killers which were debut worthy 

Better than Rust and The Savage Playground but not as good as Generation Wild or the debut.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Better than Rust and The Savage Playground but not as good as Generation Wild or the debut.

yeah love the sound of the record but not sure yet how it will stand up to multiple spins 

Now it's over and the homeland's safe ooooh 
I got a purple heart to show the world I'm braaaaaaave
The businessmen sat hoooooooome,
while I got shell shoooooooooooooooooocked ooh oh
shell shoooooooooooooooooooooooocked ooooooh oh, ooh oh
sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell shoooooooooooooooooocked
sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell shoooooooooooooooooocked
sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell shoooooooooooooooooocked...

Ooops, wrong, this if from my 3rd favorite song from Manowar :P

(Btw, Shine on vocal lines reminds me exactly the same titled opus from Riot (can't stop missing you, Mark Reale )

Patiently awaiting forPete's message to get this on vinyl + tees (the only band tees I'm buying these days, hopefully Gildan fabric-free!

Edited by Kourosofsteel4

Haven't really been into these guys over the years but gave this a listen and pretty darn good stuff.  Seems quite a bit better to me than their last album as that one never grabbed me when I listened to it.    

This is just seems a bit more melodic and catchy with a much bigger sound and better songs.  Basically seems closer to melodic hard rock than sleaze to me, not that it matters.  This album reminds me quite a bit of Temple Balls Pyromide in a few songs.

Nice surprise.

Edited by tts42572

18 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Haven't really been into these guys over the years but gave this a listen and pretty darn good stuff.  Seems quite a bit better to me than their last album as that one never grabbed me when I listened to it.    

This is just seems a bit more melodic and catchy with a much bigger sound and better songs.  Basically seems closer to melodic hard rock than sleaze to me, not that it matters.  This album reminds me quite a bit of Temple Balls Pyromide in a few songs.

Nice surprise.

It's an interesting point you bring up there because I had similar thoughts. 'Together whatever' is 100% pure, to the bone, Crashdiet, and for me, easily my favourite song on the album. 

This is literally just after one spin, so don't read too much into it yet, but I thought that regardless of how good the rest of the album was, I didn't get strong Crashdiet vibes for a lot of it. Really cool disc, and I'm very interested to see how repeated listens treat it, but that'd be my first impression - really good album - and far better than their recent ones, but not all instantly recognisable as Crashdiet if you heard it on a radio somewhere. 

20 minutes ago, Geoff said:

It's an interesting point you bring up there because I had similar thoughts. 'Together whatever' is 100% pure, to the bone, Crashdiet, and for me, easily my favourite song on the album. 

This is literally just after one spin, so don't read too much into it yet, but I thought that regardless of how good the rest of the album was, I didn't get strong Crashdiet vibes for a lot of it. Really cool disc, and I'm very interested to see how repeated listens treat it, but that'd be my first impression - really good album - and far better than their recent ones, but not all instantly recognisable as Crashdiet if you heard it on a radio somewhere. 

I think that's why I like it so much lol!

I tried yesterday going back into their back catalog wondering if I really missed something with these guys.  And despite really digging this new one, I'm not finding a whole lot I like.  There's a couple songs on Generation Wild that sound okay and maybe a few other songs.  But nowhere near enough to really make me bother.  They just seemed to have more of a typical sleaze vibe that I've never been huge into and I dismissed them.

This new one though just feels like some killer melodic hard rock not far removed from stuff like Temple Balls, Kissin Dynamite, etc.  From my point of view, it almost  feels like a new band to me or something which kinds of points to exactly what you said with it maybe not sounding like Crashdiet.

Maybe part of it for me it the singer change too.  I think this is only their second alum with their current singer.  Maybe I need to revisit the last album but I feel like this new one is just much bigger sounding and catchier than their last one.  

Will have to see how this holds up to repeated listens but I'm thinking this is definitely among my favorites so far this year.