Crashdiet - Automaton

Stefan

I listened to it again today and was actually getting a bit of a Skid Row vibe.

It still pretty much a sleaze album for me though. 

And it still sounds more like Crashdiet than anything else if I'm honest.

Debut will always be the best for me, then Generation Wild and then this one third.

I mean let's not forget the 2 or 3 pretty average fillers on this ;) Big ballsy sound yeah but there's a bit of lull here and there 

2 hours ago, Glen said:

Debut will always be the best for me, then Generation Wild and then this one third.

Ranking third behind those two albums is no insult.

On 5/2/2022 at 5:25 PM, Glen said:

I listened to it again today and was actually getting a bit of a Skid Row vibe.

It still pretty much a sleaze album for me though. 

And it still sounds more like Crashdiet than anything else if I'm honest.

I mean let's not forget the 2 or 3 pretty average fillers on this ;) Big ballsy sound yeah but there's a bit of lull here and there 

Agree with the Skid Row vibe in spots.

I'm not really getting much of a lull in this though.  I'd say maybe Powerline is probably the lowest point for me but that's still okay.  Enjoying all the rest.  I'd say the first 4 songs are probably my highlights but I dig Resurrection of the Damned quite a bit too.  I get a big Guns N Roses vibe from that one.   

I'll have to spend more time listening to the debut and Generation Wild.  I know I remember sampling them at one point very briefly and nothing ever grabbed me for whatever reason.

Either way, really nice surprise here as this wasn't on my radar at all.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Soooo...only the one member still up for touring? Drummer (Eric Young) & Bass player (Peter London) announced earlier in the year that they were taking a break due to burnout now the singer (Gabriel Keyes) has announced today that he's doing the same...leaving only Martin Sweet...hmmmm

https://sleazeroxx.com/crashdiet-frontman-gabriel-keyes-taking-a-break-from-touring/

7 hours ago, lettard said:

Soooo...only the one member still up for touring? Drummer (Eric Young) & Bass player (Peter London) announced earlier in the year that they were taking a break due to burnout now the singer (Gabriel Keyes) has announced today that he's doing the same...leaving only Martin Sweet...hmmmm

https://sleazeroxx.com/crashdiet-frontman-gabriel-keyes-taking-a-break-from-touring/

I guess having one actual member stops it from being a covers band?

17 minutes ago, lettard said:

Lol. Cool, guess that answers my question. ;)