Station - Perspective (2021)

tts42572

New album "Perspective" out October 8th.  First single "Believe" out August 27th.

Looking forward to this one.  I've dug a lot of what these guys have done.  Hoping this new album doesn't have quite as many ballads as the last couple of albums though as ballads kind of kill the tempo/vibe for me if there's more than one or two per album.

238683549_366500078265162_8081647425335082996_n.jpg.3c7adf0c237664fcf76b98de5edf25b0.jpg

Edited by tts42572

• tts42572 changed the title to Station - Perspective (2021)

Fair play to these guys,they do it all themselves with their releases and stuff,looking forward to it,although I have to be honest that the singer grates on me at times but I still love their output.

Only one thing I'm hoping for from this and that's a really strong, ballsy production job. Love these guys and their output so far, but dying for them to beef up their sound. And I don't mean more rock / less ballads. A good song is a good song and their ballads are generally excellent... just want a fuller, ballsier sound, musically. 

Fan of these guys and gave liked plenty of their output.  But this is a meh for me.

Song  just doesn't reel me in and not very catchy.  And production is wonky.

I like these guys though so will hope for better with next single.

Interesting. I love the song. Haven't thought about Station since the EP. Whole heartedly disagree with you all as the bass and drums are rattling my fillings and the mix is modern yet vintage at the same time and sounds excellent in my headphones.

Is the lead player totally incanting VH or what?

• 2023 Gold Donors

I was a fan of their EP and their debut album. After that, I like them but haven’t been blown away. I keep hoping they will go back to their more rocking tracks. I wish a bigger label would pick these guys up to. That might help. 

Edited by headbanger4life
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, headbanger4life said:

I was a fan of their EP and their debut album. After that, I like them but haven’t been blown away. I keep hoping they will go back to their more rocking tracks. I wish a bigger label would pick these guys up to. That might help. 

Even though I hate to say it a loud they are prime candidates for Frontiers.

12 minutes ago, martinsane said:

Even though I hate to say it a loud they are prime candidates for Frontiers.

Yeah they would probably repackage/release everything again..but on greater scale....in reality I wonder why the band havent been picked up yet though?

Edited by lettard

• 4 weeks later...

It’s not a bad song at all but am I the only one who thinks these guys should be better than they actually are??

When the songs are good they are GOOD, but I could go through their catalogue and only make one albums worth of songs I like. Super talented band but I’m always left wanting that bit extra, which they are fully capable of. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Aordave89 said:

It’s not a bad song at all but am I the only one who thinks these guys should be better than they actually are??

When the songs are good they are GOOD, but I could go through their catalogue and only make one albums worth of songs I like. Super talented band but I’m always left wanting that bit extra, which they are fully capable of. 

I absolutely agree with you.

I look through my playlist and I basically have about 3-4 songs from each album they've done in it.  And I really dig those songs.  But then the rest of their songs are just kind of average or something.  Totally get what you mean. 

Sometimes the singer does over sing.  I think the songs I dig most are when he sort of stays under control with the melodic rockers and mid-tempo stuff.  And I haven't been a big fan of most of their ballads for whatever reason.

I know they basically do everything themselves with no labels and very little outside help so give them some props for that.  But also wonder if some outside influence could help get them to another level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

I look through my playlist and I basically have about 3-4 songs from each album they've done in it.  And I really dig those songs.  But then the rest of their songs are just kind of average or something.  Totally get what you mean. 

I kept 4, 5, 8, 9 respectively off the 4 albums.
Looking forward to this new one :)

I think they possibly could and should be better than they are, but I also think a lot of that would have a lot to do with what I was saying above... that a bigger, fuller sounding production job would do these guys a world of good.

I do get what you're saying about the tunes and I agree to an extent, but in saying that, I think these guys are a lot better than a vast majority of active bands, so I don't think they're doing too bad at all.