Station - Perspective (2021)

tts42572

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

I think they possibly could and should be better than they are, but I also think a lot of that would have a lot to do with what I was saying above... that a bigger, fuller sounding production 

and a better singer 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 6:23 PM, tts42572 said:

I absolutely agree with you.

I look through my playlist and I basically have about 3-4 songs from each album they've done in it.  And I really dig those songs.  But then the rest of their songs are just kind of average or something.  Totally get what you mean. 

Sometimes the singer does over sing.  I think the songs I dig most are when he sort of stays under control with the melodic rockers and mid-tempo stuff.  And I haven't been a big fan of most of their ballads for whatever reason.

I know they basically do everything themselves with no labels and very little outside help so give them some props for that.  But also wonder if some outside influence could help get them to another level.

Agree with the comment regarding outside influence - A better studio team would work wonders. Ties in with @Geoff comments regarding a bigger better sound. Also agreed. 

Absolutely no hate for these guys at all.. but what I’m saying is.. if they had a read through this thread they’d knock out a bastard of an album :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah they are good at what they do...but as they would say at school...could do better lol

could be the difference in them being a band and A BAND if you know what I mean?

Edited by lettard
  • Like 2

I always find it weird when people beg for a 'better singer'
Are you all crying for a better singer for Motley, Motorhead, The Ozzy Osbourne band :), etc
You didn't hear Van Hagar fans crying for him to return to VH when they brought Dave back.

There are heaps of bands who have a vocalist that I won't really like too much and I am lucky to find a few songs that I like due to that.
I never had any issues with this singer. If I bothered to analyse his singing I could probably be picky, but that's not very rock and roll.

4 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

I always find it weird when people beg for a 'better singer'
Are you all crying for a better singer for Motley, Motorhead, The Ozzy Osbourne band :), etc
You didn't hear Van Hagar fans crying for him to return to VH when they brought Dave back.

There are heaps of bands who have a vocalist that I won't really like too much and I am lucky to find a few songs that I like due to that.
I never had any issues with this singer. If I bothered to analyse his singing I could probably be picky, but that's not very rock and roll.

Well Crue are shite, so is Vince

Van Halen are basically shit outside of about 10 songs - DLR basically talks his lyrics.

Lemmy is Lemmy.

As for Ozzy. Underrated vocalist imo. No Ozzy cover sounds as good as him singing the songs. 

The guy in Palace is just weak. Sounds out of tune half the time. My point is these songs would sound a million times better with a great vocalist...like a gronwall or Hess. Just IMHO 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CureTheSane said:

Slash said Josh Todd sang out of tune when he auditioned for him.
By your argument maybe you'd be the biggest Crue fan if they had a better singer?

I'd love it if Chris Isaak fronted Motley Crue.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Was able to give this album a listen....

I hate to say this as I've been a big supporter of these guys and dig a lot of what they've done.  But this album isn't doing much for me at all.  For me, I Can't Find My Way is far and away the best song on the album.  Do You Really Want To Fall In Love Again would probably be my next song worth a mention even though it kind of feels a little out of place at the start.  And there's maybe 1 or 2 other songs that are decent but not overly exciting me enough to mention.

Overall this feels like a very mellow album.  Couple ballads, some mid tempo stuff.  I wanted an album with a handful of up tempo rockers like I Can't Find My Way, All You Need Is A Heartbeat, Are You Sleeping Alone, etc as to me those types of tunes are where this band excels....and not hearing much of that here. 

It almost feels like they're trying to be more like a classic rock sounding band like a Steely Dan or something.

Either way, not feeling this one and kind of bummed to say it.  Maybe it didn't help rocking out to Eclipse all day and then listening to this.....

• Like 1

Hello HH ppl, I have been a long time lurker here, I joined because I figured it was time, glad to be here.

This album is not resonating very much with me either. There are a couple of sorta good songs and it sounds like they tried to clean up the mix on Believe, at least to me it sounds less like a muddy demo but it is still not the best it could be. 

Station does everything themselves, I don't think they have a record company or an actual producer they work with. I know the bass player engineered their last album and I am sure he did his best but it just did not sound very good. I sure hope Frontiers does not get ahold of Station but at the same time the band could really benefit from a more professional recording and a good hard rock producer. I get the feeling the band just does not want to answer to anyone.

I hate to say it too but this is just not a very good record. I know not all albums sound the same as their predecessors but I was expecting much better from this one. I believe the band has the talent but it's not there on this album. 

C.H.

• Like 1

Yep, I hate to do it, but I agree with both the above comments. Been a massive fan of these guys and to be honest, can barely find a song I don't enjoy on their previous albums. Sadly, that's not the case here. Harder to find a song that is actually worthy of their name. I agree that 'I Can't Find My Way' is easily the highlight, and even the next two songs are both good. Add in 'Believe' and you have four good songs. The rest isn't terrible by any means, but not quite what I hope for from these chaps. 

Oh well, hoping they get back on track with the next one.

3 hours ago, Geoff said:

Yep, I hate to do it, but I agree with both the above comments. Been a massive fan of these guys and to be honest, can barely find a song I don't enjoy on their previous albums. Sadly, that's not the case here. Harder to find a song that is actually worthy of their name. I agree that 'I Can't Find My Way' is easily the highlight, and even the next two songs are both good. Add in 'Believe' and you have four good songs. The rest isn't terrible by any means, but not quite what I hope for from these chaps. 

Oh well, hoping they get back on track with the next one.

Yeah...I've come back to this a few times and tried to like it.  I've liked a lot of these guys output so thought maybe it would grow on me or something.  But it hasn't at all.

The way I look at it, I Can't Find My Way was a perfect leadoff track because that pretty much describes the rest of the album as it just seems to lose it's way.

The 3rd track Do You Really Want To Fall In Love Again is pretty good and I guess Believe is okay.  But the album has basically lost me before it get's to Believe anyways.  

I'll give them a mulligan for now based upon liking a lot of stuff they've done.  But I'm not sure I like where they're trending.

• 1 year later...