Vega - Anarchy And Unity

Stefan

I’d gone off these guys a little until their last release ‘Grit Your Teeth’ came out, a real step up from them. Excellent album. 

As Geoff rightly says, I’m cool with new music and I’m looking forward to seeing what they have in store. 

Excellent news,they tend to release their albums about two years apart,so by the time this is release it'll be around a year and a half,so not really much difference,I suppose like a lot of acts because of no touring etc they wrote songs.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm, I very much approve of spicing it up a bit in this fashion. Very cool tune. 

Great production on the guitars and drums, they both sound really punchy. I think the only thing I don't like is the distortion on the higher-register vocals. Hope that's only for this song and not the entire album.

Edited by Eric3

4 hours ago, Eric3 said:

Great production on the guitars and drums, they both sound really punchy. I think the only thing I don't like is the distortion on the higher-register vocals. Hope that's only for this song and not the entire album.

I listened to the Itunes samples and I think, yes this vocal distortion is only in that song. My first impression was that the voice is very clean in that mix.

The samples give me mixed feelings... On every Vega album there are songs that I love and songs that I really don't like. Last album was my favourite yet. This time these two categories might be a bit too much in balance. more modern with each album, bit darker, which I don't like, I think. 

There are "bring the riot", "Ain't who I am", "kneel to you" and "c'mon" on the really promising side and "beautiful lie", "welcome to wherever", "live for me" and "2die4" on the not so promising side. I guess I wanna buy the album this time because every Vega album grew on me after a few spins.

59 minutes ago, J.S.M said:

I listened to the Itunes samples and I think, yes this vocal distortion is only in that song. My first impression was that the voice is very clean in that mix.

The samples give me mixed feelings... On every Vega album there are songs that I love and songs that I really don't like. Last album was my favourite yet. This time these two categories might be a bit too much in balance. more modern with each album, bit darker, which I don't like, I think. 

There are "bring the riot", "Ain't who I am", "kneel to you" and "c'mon" on the really promising side and "beautiful lie", "welcome to wherever", "live for me" and "2die4" on the not so promising side. I guess I wanna buy the album this time because every Vega album grew on me after a few spins.

was the last album really your fav? I don't they've ever topped Stereo Messiah imo and the best production too 

Debut would prob be a close 2nd 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Glen said:

was the last album really your fav? I don't they've ever topped Stereo Messiah imo and the best production too 

Debut would prob be a close 2nd 

Agreed on this. For me it's

1. Stereo Messiah

2. Kiss of Life

3. What The Hell

And then the rest, all of which are good, but not at that level.

4 hours ago, Eric3 said:

1. Stereo Messiah

2. Kiss of Life

3. What The Hell

this ^^^^ spot on 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 9:27 PM, J.S.M said:

Have to say I think the samples sound great. Right on Stereo Messiah sound for me 

https://music.apple.com/gb/album/anarchy-and-unity/1568859387

On 7/2/2021 at 5:04 AM, Eric3 said:

1. Stereo Messiah

2. Kiss of Life

3. What The Hell

agree 100%

they havent released a poor album imho but the three mentioned stand over the others without a doubt and as Glen has stated Stereo Messiah has a great sound..more of that please  :)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

New video 'Ain't Who I Am'.

Press release:

UK rockers VEGA are back with “Anarchy and Unity,” their seventh studio album overall and the culmination of a string of releases which started in 2009 with their debut album “Kiss of Life”. The new album will be released on September 17, 2021. The band has already announced tour dates in support of the release. See the link below for a full list of announced dates.

"Anarchy And Unity", while not a departure from the band’s defined and classy sound, shows a band determined, mature, and ready for the next step in their career. It has a crisp sound and immaculate musicianship showcasing the great talents in the band. On the songwriting front, the band have returned with a more muscular sound, but no less full to the brim with melodies that will grab you from the first note to the last.

"Anarchy and Unity" sees two new faces in the band, Billy Taylor (ex-Inglorious) on guitars and Pete Newdeck (Di'Anno)) on drums. They join singer Nick Workman, guitarist Marcus Thurston, and the brothers Martin, keyboardist James and bassist Tom.

With pent up energy, a rejuvenated lineup, and a brand new album, VEGA are firing on all cylinders. Watch out for tour dates in the UK in the fall!

Tracklist:

1. Beautiful Lie

2. Sooner Or Later

3. End Of The Fade

4. Ain't Who I Am

5. Welcome To Wherever

6. Bring The Riot

7. Live For Me

8. Kneel To You

9. Glow

10. C'mon

11. Had Enough