Vega - Anarchy And Unity

Stefan

Just now, whiplash1972 said:

You just described not only Vega, but Eclipse, and Degreed as well for me; nothing wows me about any of them. 

I agree on Degreed. Eclipse, on the other hand, like H.E.A.T, have "something" that tends to grab me more...

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 3:42 PM, Glen said:

mmm. I'd probably agree that Glow & Cmon are the 2 weakest tracks (by no means bad), but dude really?

Had Enough might be my fav track on the album and 2Die4 is inspired. Brilliant imo.

You're right, I was definitely too harsh. Had Enough is a typical Vega anthem and 2Die4 is a great closer.

I don't think it will unseat any of their first 3 albums as my favorites, but it could be their strongest since Stereo Messiah.

• Like 1

well if this is a band going through the motions,  I wish more bands would just 'go through the motions' !! ;)

IMO this is an outstanding melodic rock album.

Great hooks, intelligent lyrics, love the solos, Nick sounds as good as ever and finally they have nailed the production.

I'd say their best so far or at least on a par with Stereo Messiah. 

• Like 2

On 9/27/2021 at 12:16 PM, heavyharmonies said:

I agree on Degreed. Eclipse, on the other hand, like H.E.A.T, have "something" that tends to grab me more...

The 3 top bands that don't "grab" me are

Vega

Work Of Art

Degreed.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Rocker said:

The 3 top bands that don't "grab" me are

Vega

Work Of Art

Degreed.

basically 3 of my fav bands of the last 5-10 years with HEAT & NFO rounding out the top 5. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think Vega or Degreed or Work of Art are in the same league as H.e.a.t or Crazy Lixx or Eclipse.

The latter 3 bands are current A-tier artists in our genre.

To say Vega are as good as H.e.a.t. is like saying Britny Fox were as good as Cinderella. Yeah, nah. 😈

• Like 2

I like those bands too, but the last Eclipse album was pretty weak imo and the last Crazy Lixx only really had about 4 great songs. 

see what eclipse is like soon but the singles I've found pretty boring 

8 hours ago, auslander said:

I don't think Vega or Degreed or Work of Art are in the same league as H.e.a.t or Crazy Lixx or Eclipse.

To say Vega are as good as H.e.a.t. is like saying Britny Fox were as good as Cinderella. Yeah, nah. 😈

I didnt say Vega were as good as HEAT. They weren't when Erik was there but he's gone now.

Vega are an amazing band live - I've seen them about 10 times, and there isn't much between them & HEAT. Erik was obviously an amazing front man. But Nick is also very good and certainly better than Martensson & Rexon who are v one dimensional imo

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

d&d wtf GIF by Hyper RPG

LOL

22 hours ago, Glen said:

basically 3 of my fav bands of the last 5-10 years with HEAT & NFO rounding out the top 5. 

W.E.T.
Crazy Lixx
Eclipse
are my top 3 favs from the last decade or so

22 hours ago, auslander said:

THIS

13 hours ago, Glen said:

I didnt say Vega were as good as HEAT. They weren't when Erik was there but he's gone now.

Vega are an amazing band live - I've seen them about 10 times, and there isn't much between them & HEAT. Erik was obviously an amazing front man. But Nick is also very good and certainly better than Martensson & Rexon who are v one dimensional imo

I find Vega very one dimensional, every albums sounds like the last. Not saying that is a bad thing because I like consistency in my favorite bands but Vega is just "ok" to me. To each their own!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Rocker said:

W.E.T.
Crazy Lixx
Eclipse
are my top 3 favs from the last decade or so

WET would prob be next, but for some reason JSS irritates me now 😒 

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...
33 minutes ago, Mr.AOR said:

no No NO!!! Just NO...

Agree.

Some songs shouldn't be covered and this would be one of those.

This is a hit song done by a band with a very distinct and recognizable sound.  Not a good cover candidate IMO.  

• Like 1