I Like Beer!

Blue Charvel

Keith the force must really be strong in you. I bought a 12 pack of Steel Reserve and managed to get about 3 swallows down before dumping the the can and giving the rest to a friend. Yuck! :yuck:

Hahaha, well, yea, maybe it wasn't the best tasting stuff but I've had far worse in the Malt Liquor category... back in my college days my friends and I drank some cheap crap (Crazy Horse, Magnum, St. Ides, etc., etc.) that makes Steel Reserve look like Dom Perignon by comparison....

Schlitz is the worst shit I've ever tasted in my life. That is by far the worst Malt Liquor of all time. I actually used to really like Olde English and Colt 45.

Anybody ever try Colt 45 Menthol before? I remember seeing it but I have never actually ingested it... :puke:

I don't remember that one. I wonder if it was just an East Coast thing.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anybody ever try Colt 45 Menthol before? I remember seeing it but I have never actually ingested it... :puke:

I don't remember a Colt 45 Menthol but I do remember something called "Cool Colt," which was mint flavored, if I recall correctly...is that the one you're thinking of BC? I don't think it was around for long, it was in a really neat looking metallic blue can. Tasted like absolute crap though. That was another instance where I only bought a single can because I needed it for my beer can collection. I made many such sacrifices for the sake of that collection back in the day. :)

i REMEMBER...whoops, I remember the Billy Dee Williams commercials for Colt 45. "It works every time!"

colt45.gif

Who's the girl in the picture with Billy Dee? She looks like Claire Huxtable from The Cosby Show!

i REMEMBER...whoops, I remember the Billy Dee Williams commercials for Colt 45. "It works every time!"

colt45.gif

Who's the girl in the picture with Billy Dee? She looks like Claire Huxtable from The Cosby Show!

Where's Rudy and Vanessa? :P

colt45.gif

My guess is they started out with that can of the Colt... ;)

I swear I remember a Colt 45 Menthol, it was in the typical clear glass bottle (of that time period) and it was light green malt liquor. I might not have even been old enough to drink at the time, I just remember seeing it. Mayhaps me wee mind is playin' the trickster wit' me then? :blink

colt45.gif

My guess is they started out with that can of the Colt... ;)

I swear I remember a Colt 45 Menthol, it was in the typical clear glass bottle (of that time period) and it was light green malt liquor. I might not have even been old enough to drink at the time, I just remember seeing it. Mayhaps me wee mind is playin' the trickster wit' me then? :blink

So are you saying that Colt 45 is to blame for the worlds over population problem?

I guess I now know what they meant by that slogan "Works Every Time".

Beers Best Forgotten

Cool Colt 45

This was available in the late 1980's. Menthol flavoured malt liquor, no need to say more.

Billary

Bill and Hillary Clinton - Billary, get it? This novelty beer was contract brewed for Presidential Bottlers, Inc., Cleveland, OH in or about 1994. Cheap beer in a novelty can, but that's exactly what I expected.

Crazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili Beer

Beer flavoured with chili peppers. I've heard that it goes good with a bowl of chili. On its own, it's so bad it's terrible.

Jever

Touted as a fine German beer. The store display offered a free .3 liter glass with the purchase of a 6-pack. The glass is nice, but the beer is awful. It has a metalic taste. It is very seldom whan I say a beer is awful, but Jever is one of those cases. August 2001

Beers Best Forgotten

Beer flavoured with chili peppers. I've heard that it goes good with a bowl of chili. On its own, it's so bad it's terrible.

Had a six pack of that in my hand many years ago to buy and try, kept looking at it and then at the Coors Light on sale and back at the Cave Creek and ended up putting it back in favor of "Old Faithful". Sounds like I made the right choice.

It might have been good to boil brats in though...

Beers Best Forgotten

Had a six pack of that in my hand many years ago to buy and try, kept looking at it and then at the Coors Light on sale and back at the Cave Creek and ended up putting it back in favor of "Old Faithful". Sounds like I made the right choice.

It might have been good to boil brats in though...

I like it... :anon:

• 1 month later...

14 hours of drinking this beautiful stuff starting at 11am Saturday morning for our footy Grand Final and totally wiprd myself off.

Woke up Sunday morning at 11am and was still pissed bad.It was not until Monday at about 1pm i had fully recovered.

:chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug: God i love it but the old liver and head don't :wacko:

I have a case of Yuengling Premium chillin' in my RV fridge right now, awaiting this weekend's camping trip. Last one of the season for me. (Last camping trip, not last case of beer, I mean... good God man, that would never happen!)

I have a case of Yuengling Premium chillin' in my RV fridge right now, awaiting this weekend's camping trip. Last one of the season for me. (Last camping trip, not last case of beer, I mean... good God man, that would never happen!)

I have a big party this weekend with a beer truck. So I will be drinking my fair share this weekend as well.

I enjoyed the same weekend as Dave... and yes, it was awesome. Unfortunately I had to drive on Saturday after the AFL final so I had to take it pretty easy, but on Sunday I got stuck in. Great stuff. Boags was the beer of the day. Very nice.

Saw this news story this morning... immediately thought of Homer Simpson going "NOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Feds Hop Into Hops Fire Probe:

Blaze Ruined About 4 Percent Of America's Hops Crop, Could Affect Beer Production

YAKIMA, Wash., Oct. 4, 2006

(CBS/AP) Federal investigators were set Tuesday to begin an investigation into a fire that ruined about 4 percent of America's yield of hops, used as flavoring in the brewing of beer and ale.

The fire started shortly before noon Monday in a 40,000-square-foot warehouse operated by S.S. Steiner Inc., one of the four largest hop buyers in the Yakima Valley of central Washington. By mid-afternoon flames engulfed most of the building, sending up plumes of smoke and a pungent aroma.

Municipal fire crews, aided by regional firefighters, ripped away metal siding to shoot water directly onto the hops.

Based on an industry official's estimate of the quantity of hops in the warehouse, the loss was thought to be about $5 million.

It shouldn't affect beer prices, however, because it takes just a fifth of a pound of dried hops to make a 31-gallon barrel of beer.

Fires have long been an expensive danger at hop warehouses, largely because of the potential for spontaneous combustion from heat buildup in bales of resin-loaded varieties.

One factor might have been that the warehouse contained bales of "super alpha" hops, known to be more unstable for storage because of higher amounts of oils and resins, officials told the Yakima Herald-Republic.

"That's just a possibility that we'll look at," East Valley Deputy Chief Mike Riel told the newspaper, "but it is very high on the list."

No one was in the warehouse when the fire started, Riel said.

With the fire under control Monday night, authorities told the newspaper an investigation into the cause would be led by the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.

Steiner is part of the Steiner Group of Germany, one of the largest international hop growing, trading and processing companies in the world. The Yakima branch manages Steiner's North American buying and processing, according to the company Web site.

Besides being one of the largest growers in the valley, Steiner is one of three large merchants that buy from other growers in the area. The others are John I. Haas Inc., the grower-owned cooperative Yakima Chief and Hop Union, which specializes in sales to craft brewers.

The fire destroyed or ruined about 10,000 bales, each weighing about 200 pounds and likely worth $1.75 to $2 a pound, Ann George, administrator of the Washington Hops Commission in nearby Moxee, told the Herald-Republic.

Seventeen varieties of hops are grown in the United States, including aroma varieties which are added for flavor or fragrance and the bitter alpha varieties.

Saw this news story this morning... immediately thought of Homer Simpson going "NOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Feds Hop Into Hops Fire Probe:

Blaze Ruined About 4 Percent Of America's Hops Crop, Could Affect Beer Production

YAKIMA, Wash., Oct. 4, 2006

(CBS/AP) Federal investigators were set Tuesday to begin an investigation into a fire that ruined about 4 percent of America's yield of hops, used as flavoring in the brewing of beer and ale.

The fire started shortly before noon Monday in a 40,000-square-foot warehouse operated by S.S. Steiner Inc., one of the four largest hop buyers in the Yakima Valley of central Washington. By mid-afternoon flames engulfed most of the building, sending up plumes of smoke and a pungent aroma.

Municipal fire crews, aided by regional firefighters, ripped away metal siding to shoot water directly onto the hops.

Based on an industry official's estimate of the quantity of hops in the warehouse, the loss was thought to be about $5 million.

It shouldn't affect beer prices, however, because it takes just a fifth of a pound of dried hops to make a 31-gallon barrel of beer.

Fires have long been an expensive danger at hop warehouses, largely because of the potential for spontaneous combustion from heat buildup in bales of resin-loaded varieties.

One factor might have been that the warehouse contained bales of "super alpha" hops, known to be more unstable for storage because of higher amounts of oils and resins, officials told the Yakima Herald-Republic.

"That's just a possibility that we'll look at," East Valley Deputy Chief Mike Riel told the newspaper, "but it is very high on the list."

No one was in the warehouse when the fire started, Riel said.

With the fire under control Monday night, authorities told the newspaper an investigation into the cause would be led by the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.

Steiner is part of the Steiner Group of Germany, one of the largest international hop growing, trading and processing companies in the world. The Yakima branch manages Steiner's North American buying and processing, according to the company Web site.

Besides being one of the largest growers in the valley, Steiner is one of three large merchants that buy from other growers in the area. The others are John I. Haas Inc., the grower-owned cooperative Yakima Chief and Hop Union, which specializes in sales to craft brewers.

The fire destroyed or ruined about 10,000 bales, each weighing about 200 pounds and likely worth $1.75 to $2 a pound, Ann George, administrator of the Washington Hops Commission in nearby Moxee, told the Herald-Republic.

Seventeen varieties of hops are grown in the United States, including aroma varieties which are added for flavor or fragrance and the bitter alpha varieties.

:yikes::crying: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......

This could be devastating

:yikes::crying: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......

This could be devastating

Dude, it's OK, it's OK... there is this bit of good news in the middle of the article:

>>>It shouldn't affect beer prices, however, because it takes just a fifth of a pound of dried hops to make a 31-gallon barrel of beer.

WHEW! :drink:

Well, the Oktoberfest in Munich is over since yesterday. 6.5 million visitors drank 6.5 million liters of beer.

I had 4 on one evening last week. :puke:

Mmmmm... 6.5 million liters of beeeeeeeeer... :homer:

Sounds like you made sure you had your fair share eh Bernd?

Mmmmm... 6.5 million liters of beeeeeeeeer... :homer:

Sounds like you made sure you had your fair share eh Bernd?

Yeah, imagine someone else drinks them !! ;)

I can tell you that it definitely was enough for me, if not too much. I didn't really feel well the next morning. :wacko:

Yeah, imagine someone else drinks them !! ;)

I can tell you that it definitely was enough for me, if not too much. I didn't really feel well the next morning. :wacko:

Ouch. Good thing it only comes once a year eh? :chug:

• 1 month later...

As a public service to everyone on this board who likes beer (and I know we are legion), I present this amazing link:

http://www.beermapping.com

This site contains detailed maps and locations of beer breweries, brewpubs, and other places to get yo'drink on for a variety of cities. Perfect site for planning your trip come vacation time, I'd say... :chug: