Giant - Shifting Time

Stefan

Frontiers - “I would hope most hardcore Giant fans know that Dan doesn't sing anymore and has expressed no plans to. The last Giant album featured Terry Brock on lead vocals and the band's last live appearance featured a singer whose name escapes me. It should be plainly obvious that Dan won't be singing. He is fully aware of this release and may contribute music and/or guitar solos like he did on the last Giant album. His brother David is on drums. Rest of the line-up will be revealed later”

Also ADV appears on 1 track - I’m glad it’s not the whole album. 

Edited by Aordave89

3 hours ago, Aordave89 said:

Awww well thats my interest gone...was hoping for more :whistle:

And we're down to David now as remaining member,no mention of Mike this time?

Edited by lettard
  • Haha 1

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, Aordave89 said:

Frontiers - “I would hope most hardcore Giant fans know that Dan doesn't sing anymore and has expressed no plans to. The last Giant album featured Terry Brock on lead vocals and the band's last live appearance featured a singer whose name escapes me. It should be plainly obvious that Dan won't be singing. He is fully aware of this release and may contribute music and/or guitar solos like he did on the last Giant album. His brother David is on drums. Rest of the line-up will be revealed later”

And I would hope Frontiers know that fans don't want ADV showing up on every release. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlphaMale said:

And 1 song with ADV is too many. He's the album killer.

:) and now he's finally found his niche...The Album Killer :lol:...love it,brilliant stuff :drink:

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...
  • Stefan changed the title to Giant - Shifting Time
  • My Little Pony
33 minutes ago, auslander said:

Awww c'mon AM, it's OK to admit to liking Giant! Anyways, I will be getting it if it is confirmed the great Huff is doing some guitar work.

Uh, nope, his reaction is accurate. Giant have two of the greatest Rock albums ever recorded, but I'm not holding out any hope for this one. I'm perfectly ok with being proven wrong, though. 

• Thanks 1

• My Little Pony
2 hours ago, Doggy said:

Is Dino Jelusic going be touring them as back up singer ?

If there's a joke I'm not getting... I'm not getting it. 

3 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

If there's a joke I'm not getting... I'm not getting it. 

Just that Dino doing playing keyboards and back up singer for Coverdale in Whitesnake.

11 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Giant have three  :) of the greatest Rock albums ever recorded, but I'm not holding out any hope for this one. I'm perfectly ok with being proven wrong, though. 

Yeah i'd be happy if you were wrong also...but Promise Land did not do it for me at all...thus my lack of enthusiasm.

13 hours ago, auslander said:

Awww c'mon AM, it's OK to admit to liking Giant! Anyways, I will be getting it if it is confirmed the great Huff is doing some guitar work.

No one would be stupid enough to not like Giant, but the drummer from Giant plus three other guys to be advised has somewhere between 0-25% to do with Giant. Absolute joke to be throwing the Giant name on whatever this ends up being. :(

• Like 3

On 9/30/2021 at 7:29 AM, Geoff said:

No one would be stupid enough to not like Giant, but the drummer from Giant plus three other guys to be advised has somewhere between 0-25% to do with Giant. Absolute joke to be throwing the Giant name on whatever this ends up being. :(

Without Dann Huff, it's rather pointless. He is the voice of Giant. 

• Like 1

And what's with singers who don't want to sing anymore?

Kelly Holland (R.I.P.) said the same after the first Cry Of Love record. 

Both guys had great unique voices. I don't get it.

Is it a confidence thing? Don't wanna be frontman? 

I don't understand why these record labels throw 4 guys together and say this is Giant. Who really gives a fuck if the drummer from the original lineup is there or not? 

Bands have unique sound and 4 joe blows will never be equal to the originals.

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, AlphaMale said:

And what's with singers who don't want to sing anymore?

Kelly Holland (R.I.P.) said the same after the first Cry Of Love record. 

Both guys had great unique voices. I don't get it.

Is it a confidence thing? Don't wanna be frontman? 

Purely speculation, but I think Dann can't sing anymore. Not the way he did on the albums. I get the feeling he wants to preserve the legacy. Well, at least his own legacy. 

31 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Purely speculation, but I think Dann can't sing anymore. Not the way he did on the albums. I get the feeling he wants to preserve the legacy. Well, at least his own legacy. 

Yeah maybe not...but perhaps he could tweak it in the studio production so's to sound like he did? I mean its not like theyre gonna tour the world on the back of the release...but to each their own,its his decision at the end of the day and I respect that.

Edited by lettard

5 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

I don't understand why these record labels throw 4 guys together and say this is Giant. Who really gives a fuck if the drummer from the original lineup is there or not? 

Bands have unique sound and 4 joe blows will never be equal to the originals.

For the bandname "Giant" as a trademark -  it's not like they have been around consistently over the decades.  So, the reality is that the record company is trying to cash in on middle-aged guys like us who remember the first two albums fondly. It seems to be the thing now, to use old band names as franchises. It's a pretty cynical exercise really.

All artists are competing for a smaller and smaller album buying public, with most music consumers opting to treat music as having near zero value and then streaming it, which gives an artist near zero income. In the heydays, a band would need to sell 500k units of an album to be considered successful. Now, it is a rare thing for even 50k albums to be sold. 

So, instead of investing in a new artist, some are instead opting to trade on established band names, knowing they will sell a few thousand more albums cause of it, but even more likely hoping to get booked for nostalgia gigs where musicians now make their living. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 9/30/2021 at 12:29 PM, Geoff said:

Exactly, all we have here is a Giant cover band...fuckin pointless

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.facebook.com/frontiersmusicsrl/posts/4529453617110654

A lot of people have been asking about the Giant album that was supposed to come out this year. The album, "Shifting Time", is not coming in 2021, but rather January 21, 2022. All will be revealed in the coming weeks when we release the first single from the album and launch pre-orders. In the meantime, follow the new, just launched, official Giant FB page: https://www.facebook.com/GiantRockBand
Stay tuned.....

Another band kept alive in name only by Frontiers. They seem to be deleting comments asking about Dann Huff's involvement so we are off to a great start here!

Edited by Eric3

• 3 weeks later...