Giant - Shifting Time

Stefan

Frontiers announced over the holidays the signing of Giant with a few surprises as well.

"GIANT – Last but not least, we finally managed to work out a new deal with Giant. We are truly excited with this record! There are some surprises, and I am sure you will love what you hear!"

Will it be the original line-up with Dann Huff singing/playing guitar?

I sure hope so. Expect the new album later next year.

Edited by Stefan

• 2023 Gold Donors

Yeah I saw when Frontiers announced it on Facebook everyone was asking if Huff was going to be involved in the project and they didn’t respond/reply to any of the comments. My guess is that would be a no. Damn shame. It would have been nice to see a new release with Huff involved. Who knows it may happen.

• My Little Pony

I imagine he'll write and play guitar, but they'll prolly get what's-his-face to sing. That dude what performed for their "reunion" gig a few years ago. 

58 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I imagine he'll write and play guitar, but they'll prolly get what's-his-face to sing. That dude what performed for their "reunion" gig a few years ago. 

I doubt Huff has any involvement at all. 

• My Little Pony
14 minutes ago, Glen said:

I doubt Huff has any involvement at all. 

Well, he was involved with the last album, dunno why he can't be with this one. It might be why it's been a whole decade--fuck me! was it so long ago?--to finally follow it up. Though, now that I say that, ten years between albums is kinda their thing. 

I actually hope they get Terry Brock back, because I miss that guy. What has he done recently?

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 12/31/2020 at 6:08 AM, AlphaMale said:

If that's the case, I won't even listen to it.

All of Del V's bands/projects are all the same. Very average stuff. 

Yeah, his stuff does tend to start sounding the same. He needs to step back and let the artist do their thing. That’s what we, as fans want.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2021 at 7:56 PM, Glen said:

Lost in the Translation is killer. Listen to them back to back ;)

Didn't you guys smack my balls for pointing out how shit the new JSS album is? Or not? I dunno, long time ago now. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Didn't you guys smack my balls for pointing out how shit the new JSS album is? Or not? I dunno, long time ago now. 

I wouldn't say it was shit. Weaker than his other stuff tho. In particular LITT which remains his best solo album 

On 1/2/2021 at 12:11 AM, AlphaMale said:

Noticed Giant likes coming back every ten years or so:

III (2001)

Promised Land (2010)

??? (2021)

We want Dann Huff Frontiers!!

You never know...Dann was involved..albeit to a lesser degree on Promise Land...and it wasnt that good if I'm honest...would like him to be more involved but not confident.