OK I get it now

Leykis101

Not only do I miss the 80’s because of the music but also because the World was still a mystery. The media, social media, right wing, left wing have all made life so damn stressful. There’s a reason that pharmaceutical drugs and alcohol use is up everywhere. 

I’d rather be dumb and innocent than informed and bombarded by the internet and journalists. 

Edited by zacharyamelie

Its what ive been saying this whole time, but here everything is far left, thats the problem, watch what starts to happen, I wont say it cause it will be dubbed a conspiracy theory, but mark this post, so we can go back to it when shit starts coming out, nothing is as it seems, nothing.

A lot of people are tired of all the bullshit in the media and are tuning it out but this is a very bad trend IMO as we need to know and understand what is going on , not just in our own country but in the world, burying our heads in the sand out of frustration will not make the world a better place, it will just enable all the people who do not have our best interests in mind....

Completely agree, im a pretty simple person, I like to think of myself as reasonable, my common sense tells me, if everyone just gets to do whatever the fuck they want, with no repercussions, society wont last long, I believe there's some civilizations in history that can prove my point, I don't know about yours, can only speak for mine, but my country wasn't built on these people you see on the news, they do not represent anyone I know, but to see the dominoes begin to fall, Jacksonville SWAT team has resigned, and now the US Trucking Assoc. has said it will not deliver to any city's who remove or de-fund their police departments, I hope these Anarchists are self reliant, I doubt since I don't think any of them have ever even had a job, this could be funny.

Edited by Leykis101
  • Haha 1

Had to post the Hodge Twins take on Rayshard Brooks, just so you guys arent falling for the Left Stream American Media

• 2023 Gold Donors

I don't know what the plot will be but apparently Kurt Russell is returning as "Snake Plissken" in John Carpenter's new movie, "Escape From Seattle". 😉  WTF is going on over there!? We still have the November US election to deal with. What a shit show that will be.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

I don't know what the plot will be but apparently Kurt Russell is returning as "Snake Plissken" in John Carpenter's new movie, "Escape From Seattle". 😉  WTF is going on over there!? We still have the November US election to deal with. What a shit show that will be.

Oh you didn't know bro, that's not Seattle, that's the country of CHOP, it's just located in the middle of Seattle, it's a new country, free of Cops, they watch movies, play miniature gold, Darts, sing, they also put up a wall, made rules, and frisk people coming in, and they don't let certain people in, huh! sounds so much like every fucking country on the planet, they just don't want to follow Americas laws, the Governor and Mayor both said "it's cool", so I think, since people in that neighborhood are moving out, stores cant reopen, that Trump, is playing with them for a minute, he told the Governor of Washington if she doesn't take care of it, he's going to, I think they should shut lights and power off to the place, hey Canada doesn't use our Lights and Power, right? why is Chop entitled to it? seriously it's ridiculous, and I think Trump needs to send the military in and take some P.O.W.s, sorry I cant help it, just so fucking ridiculous.

People on my big island over here seem to be much more racist than before all the protests and BLM stuff began.

I like to think that I am the same as I always have been but there is one term that I am strugging with.

White privelidge.
Cana nyone clarify for me?
I am interpreting this as people of any colour (including whites) labeling white people as a whole as being unable to understand the black POV because of the colour of their skin.
Am I getting this right?
Is this term as racist against whites as i am interpreting it?

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, CureTheSane said:

People on my big island over here seem to be much more racist than before all the protests and BLM stuff began.

I like to think that I am the same as I always have been but there is one term that I am strugging with.

White privelidge.
Cana nyone clarify for me?
I am interpreting this as people of any colour (including whites) labeling white people as a whole as being unable to understand the black POV because of the colour of their skin.
Am I getting this right?
Is this term as racist against whites as i am interpreting it?

Hope this helps define it.

17 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

It did not.

She posed some examples.
I will answer each one as applicable to me

“Privilege, when it comes to race, is about unearned rights. - not sure about this. We are a young country. Peole migrate here from all over the world, particularly Asia. I will say that we have a smaller Indigenous community in my state compared to otehr states in Australia

I can walk into any store and find a doll that matches my daughter’s skin. - no problems here, we have dolls of all shades. From my recollection Bratz Dolls were around when my kids were young and had different races

I can drive in any area near my home and not get pulled over- no problems here at all. 90% of my street is owned by asian families.

I can go to the movies and hold hands with my partner [when I’m straight] and not fear getting hit in the head with a baseball bat. - people hold hands here, straigh or gay, without any issues

I can wear a symbol of my religion like a cross necklace and not fear being called a murderer or terrorist.” - people tend to ingore this if they are not of the same religion. Every now and then there will be a 'no berkas in banks" comment, but not much else

I honestly do not feel that whites are held accountable by any form of law here.
I also do not this sexuality, age or religion play a part in descrimination as a whole.

Now I know I am personalising the phrase "white privilege"
But that is the point. How it is applied to me (being white) and how I am suppoed to interpret that.
In that article she basically said that she lived in a white community with "little or no diversity"
The video she linked was 30 minutes long, and I wasn't going to watch it all. But I skimmed through it and it was very specific to America. No problems with that, most of the ssues are there.
So possibly unfair of me to ask the question here. Or maybe I am ignorant to some of the overall issues and that is caused by white prigilege?
But I still don't get it all really.

Edited by CureTheSane

• My Little Pony
28 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

It did not.

She posed some examples.
I will answer each one as applicable to me

“Privilege, when it comes to race, is about unearned rights. - not sure about this. We are a young country. Peole migrate here from all over the world, particularly Asia. I will say that we have a smaller Indigenous community in my state compared to otehr states in Australia

I can walk into any store and find a doll that matches my daughter’s skin. - no problems here, we have dolls of all shades. From my recollection Bratz Dolls were around when my kids were young and had different races

I can drive in any area near my home and not get pulled over- no problems here at all. 90% of my street is owned by asian families.

I can go to the movies and hold hands with my partner [when I’m straight] and not fear getting hit in the head with a baseball bat. - people hold hands here, straigh or gay, without any issues

I can wear a symbol of my religion like a cross necklace and not fear being called a murderer or terrorist.” - people tend to ingore this if they are not of the same religion. Every now and then there will be a 'no berkas in banks" comment, but not much else

I honestly do not feel that whites are held accountable by any form of law here.
I also do not this sexuality, age or religion play a part in descrimination as a whole.

Now I know I am personalising the phrase "white privilege"
But that is the point. How it is applied to me (being white) and how I am suppoed to interpret that.
In that article she basically said that she lived in a white community with "little or no diversity"
The video she linked was 30 minutes long, and I wasn't going to watch it all. But I skimmed through it and it was very specific to America. No problems with that, most of the ssues are there.
So possibly unfair of me to ask the question here. Or maybe I am ignorant to some of the overall issues and that is caused by white prigilege?
But I still don't get it all really.

Well, the video explains more than the article. The parts the author quoted were examples of privilege in general, and not specifically White Privilege. 

21 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Well, the video explains more than the article. The parts the author quoted were examples of privilege in general, and not specifically White Privilege. 

It'd probably make more sense to me if you came back and said "maybe you not watching the video is your white privelige, by not bothering to learn about things that don't directly affect you and being able to sidestep them because  of the safe colour of your skin" or something like that.
Maybe my 'privilege' is not having to encounter much of what is going on?

1 hour ago, CureTheSane said:

It'd probably make more sense to me if you came back and said "maybe you not watching the video is your white privelige, by not bothering to learn about things that don't directly affect you and being able to sidestep them because  of the safe colour of your skin" or something like that.
Maybe my 'privilege' is not having to encounter much of what is going on?

I think the major issue is not being seen as a criminal because you are black...being pulled over by the police because the car you are in is too nice to be owned by a black person or because you are in a neighborhood that is predominately white....being watched and followed around a store by security because a black person is automatically expected to be a shoplifter....stuff like that doesn't usual happen to white people and we are blind to it happening around us...

• My Little Pony
26 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

I think the major issue is not being seen as a criminal because you are black...being pulled over by the police because the car you are in is too nice to be owned by a black person or because you are in a neighborhood that is predominately white....being watched and followed around a store by security because a black person is automatically expected to be a shoplifter....stuff like that doesn't usual happen to white people and we are blind to it happening around us...

All things I've been witness to here in Canada, so it's not an issue specific to America. 

7 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

I get that, and I hear about it and see it on the news.
I'm sure it happens here in Australia, but not nearly as much as it does in other countries.

Some things are not specific to colour.
We used to trade in the middle of shopping centres in "the round" like Def Leppard played.
You had to keep an eye on everyone, and early on, I'd be all over the tattooed young kids who looked like they were on some substance etc
Turned out that they were pretty up fronta nd it was the little old wealthy looking ladies who were the theives.

I get teargeted at airports. Because I have long hair and to some probably look like I do drugs etc.
And I'm cool with that. I'd rather securite hit up anyone who they define as being a risk.
I was nearly strip searched going from Paris airport to Amsterdam much to the amusement of other watching.
I know this is kind of different to wholesale persecution based on colour.

I guess I am trying to understand why everyone here is jumping on the black lives matter protests.

Either
1. To support other countries where it is a problem
2. Because it is more of an issue here than I am aware of
3. Because they have been bored during covid and decide to use it as a reason to get out

39 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

I get that, and I hear about it and see it on the news.
I'm sure it happens here in Australia, but not nearly as much as it does in other countries.

Some things are not specific to colour.
We used to trade in the middle of shopping centres in "the round" like Def Leppard played.
You had to keep an eye on everyone, and early on, I'd be all over the tattooed young kids who looked like they were on some substance etc
Turned out that they were pretty up fronta nd it was the little old wealthy looking ladies who were the theives.

I get teargeted at airports. Because I have long hair and to some probably look like I do drugs etc.
And I'm cool with that. I'd rather securite hit up anyone who they define as being a risk.
I was nearly strip searched going from Paris airport to Amsterdam much to the amusement of other watching.
I know this is kind of different to wholesale persecution based on colour.

I guess I am trying to understand why everyone here is jumping on the black lives matter protests.

Either
1. To support other countries where it is a problem
2. Because it is more of an issue here than I am aware of
3. Because they have been bored during covid and decide to use it as a reason to get out

I don't know what is going on in Australia concerning racism but maybe all 3 of your reasons are accurate...and I suspect they are accurate in Canada and in many countries...until these latest protests I never even thought about racism as an issue probably because I'm white and have never had to think or be concerned about it...I think the latest generation is more socially aware and active than preceding generations and are willing to get out and make their voices heard....

The thing is, blacks don't get pulled over in white neighborhoods, unless their suspicious, just like Mexicans, and Asians, and anyone who looks out of place in a certain neighborhood, and if you are white, and you go into a black neighborhood, guess what? you don't get pulled over, you get shot, or car jacked, or robbed, but you don't hear about that, cause generally whites don't go into black neighborhoods, and blacks don't go into white neighborhoods, and when either does, it's whites trying to buy drugs, or blacks car popping, this is fucking absurd, people who don't break the law, don't get fucked with by police, im saying in general, not saying all, but it's not anywhere or anything like they are making it to be, this is deplorable, please don't buy this fucking shit people, please.it's not the problem it's being made out to be, their is an agenda being carried out,  I put that on everything I love, my metal brethren I tell you this cause Im being serious, yes I am being serious, it's a serious issue, this is a shake down, notice how this happened right now?? what is it? an election year, this shit goes down every single election year, if you don't believe me say so, I will prove it to you.

• Like 1

Just got back from a job in Idaho, OK, maybe some places don't care for people, is it racist to just want to live your life, and not have to be made to be around people you don't want to live around? doesn't seem like they hated blacks, but pretty much anyone not in their community, I could kind of see if you had your sissy pants on how in could be misconstrued, but if I took it personally I could very well say, those people don't like Japs, but I know it's not that, all you gotta do is look at it for what it is. People don't like outsiders in those areas, some rough folk up there, lol.

• 2023 Gold Donors

This is something that occured not that long ago. My Grandfather was born only 6 years after this event. It's crazy that I never knew about this until now. A very disturbing and disgusting story and just one of many. I've come to the conclusion after watching this that I am in fact "racist". I have absolutely no time or respect for the "Human Race".

8 hours ago, Darkstone said:

This is something that occured not that long ago. My Grandfather was born only 6 years after this event. It's crazy that I never knew about this until now. A very disturbing and disgusting story and just one of many. I've come to the conclusion after watching this that I am in fact "racist". I have absolutely no time or respect for the "Human Race".

Yeah I had not heard about this incident either until a week ago...hard to believe this is unknown to almost everyone except members of the African-American community...can't be found in history books.... I hate to admit it but Trump is responsible for at least some of the attention now being shown to Juneteenth....

I can't watch that right now, but is it where the stormed the black side of town and torched I and killed a bunch of people? Something to that effect? Or am I thinking of something else? 

1 hour ago, Dead Planet said:

Kung Flu....is that racist? A poor joke maybe but if that is racist then I'm losing the plot or the plot is losing me....:wacko:

I know you don't mean it, but that's racist, retract it now, denounce your whiteness, say 3 hail Marys, and we will look past it..

1 hour ago, Dead Planet said:

Kung Flu....is that racist? A poor joke maybe but if that is racist then I'm losing the plot or the plot is losing me....:wacko:

It's callled passive racism.
The description is people not necessarily intending to offend or be racist but likely the US Chinese community might be offended.
I dare say if I made a joke like that in China, they would all think it is hilarious and not be offended at all.

So I guess the question is - is this the end of stand up comedy?
We have some dude here who does satnd up as a part of his series about disabled people where he talks with them and allows the viewers to understand them and their disabilities and see them for themselves rather than their disability, mixing it with disabled jokes.
Is this all not PC, even though it does a lot of good to bridge gaps in society?

8 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

Racist "Joke" from the most powerful man of the world ( not from the local barstool warrior), coming straight from a conservative's handbook, thriving on populism and Goebbels' maxims . Blaming  others  for his inability to act EARLY on the virus pandemic.  Something you would expect from puppet politicians from 3rd world countries/banana republics/mob states/you name it , not from the president of the  most powerful nation of the world (meanwhile, Putin is having a party on behalf of this POTUS). 

Edited by kourosofsteel3