Bon Jovi - "2020" (2020)

AlphaMale

Of all the 80’s big hair acts none have shamefully turned their back on their original sound like Bon Jovi. 

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

It is a shame, but I think it boils down to the fact that he doesn't need the fame or fortune. He already has that. At his point in life, he's just recording what he wants to record. I can dig it. He's given us so much already, I think he deserves it. I would dearly love an old style Bon Jovi album and I think it would be far more commercially successful than what's been released recently, but he doesn't need that. He's doing his thing, so good on him. I'm not gonna bag him for it.

1 hour ago, Darkstone said:

It is a shame, but I think it boils down to the fact that he doesn't need the fame or fortune. He already has that. At his point in life, he's just recording what he wants to record. I can dig it. He's given us so much already, I think he deserves it. I would dearly love an old style Bon Jovi album and I think it would be far more commercially successful than what's been released recently, but he doesn't need that. He's doing his thing, so good on him. I'm not gonna bag him for it.

Don't think we'll ever get old style BJ back, and like you I'm cool with that.
He obviously has an audience still, it just isn't us any more.
Crush was my time to ease out of Bon Jovi.
A few nice songs sice then, but overall I became pretty disinterested.
But there are otehr bands, if theya ren't for me any more, no problems, just move on...

Won't complain much cause Bon Jovi actually has become a new band since 'Crush', well HAND has some good old hooks but basically we have to accept it's a modern BON JOVI and I myself don't really dig it except few songs here and there

Last time I saw him live couple years ago is also quite painful to see he's singing off key quite a few times. Gone is the mighty soaring voice of the 80s, it's all distant memories now.

This new album will be forgotten soon by us here :(

Sad thing

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I quite like it. It's not a Bon Jovi album of old but we're not young either. Struggling to really put this in the melodic rock category though. 

Also like the production. Got a certain atmosphere to it. 

But I liked Destination Anywhere and that put me in the minority. 

On 7/29/2020 at 11:26 PM, zacharyamelie said:

Of all the 80’s big hair acts none have shamefully turned their back on their original sound like Bon Jovi. 

Michael Bolton 

On 10/4/2020 at 5:46 AM, PeterS said:

I quite like it. It's not a Bon Jovi album of old but we're not young either. Struggling to really put this in the melodic rock category though. 

Also like the production. Got a certain atmosphere to it. 

But I liked Destination Anywhere and that put me in the minority. 

I liked Destination....but I don't like this 

Nothing wrong with liking something that is being slammed.
if you like it you like it.
I haven't been bothered with this, but did listen to The Circle a while ago and really dug it.
Not sure if that is an album that everyone hates as well.
I've found it hard to really get into anything since a few songs of Bounce and Have A Nice Day.

• 2023 Gold Donors
3 hours ago, PeterS said:

In his favor even on his deathbed he'll be better looking than Dylan .

Even after he's been dead for a year, he'll still be better looking than Dylan.

• Haha 1

A BLM song and a Coronavirus song on the one album? Could things possibly be any worse? This album is absolutely woeful. 

We say this all the time with various projects, but why is this still called Bon Jovi? Jon has recorded solo albums before so why is this just not one of those? Looking at most the comments in this thread, most people here (and we're meant to be a learned crew) are saying about this album "he," "his" etc. No one sees this as the band Bon Jovi anymore, so why persist with the band name rather than just a solo title? I guess it wouldn't please Tico and Bryan, but when the music is this shit it'd be nice to separate themselves from the great band that BJ once were. :(