RIP Marie Fredriksson

Invisible_man

Wow, surprised this didn't make at least some kind of news that I've heard in recent days. Sad indeed. She gave us some brilliant tunes through the years, and may she rest in peace. :(

• 2023 Gold Donors
5 hours ago, Geoff said:

Wow, surprised this didn't make at least some kind of news that I've heard in recent days. Sad indeed. She gave us some brilliant tunes through the years, and may she rest in peace. :(

Just as I was reading this thinking the same thing, a report popped up on the early news. I'm sure it will be covered down here throughout the day. Roxette were huge in Australia and much like ABBA, credited Australia with their early success.  One of the best Pop bands ever. R.I.P.  Marie.

I was a fan, not so much of the popular songs, they had a lot of good unnoticed stuff, I liked How Do You Do,

13 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

I was a fan, not so much of the popular songs, they had a lot of good unnoticed stuff, I liked How Do You Do,

Awesome tune. That and 'Fading like a flower' are probably my two faves. I actually like most their hits, but yeah, they did have some ripper lesser know tunes. 

14 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Just as I was reading this thinking the same thing, a report popped up on the early news. I'm sure it will be covered down here throughout the day. Roxette were huge in Australia and much like ABBA, credited Australia with their early success.  One of the best Pop bands ever. R.I.P.  Marie.

Yeah, my brother said he saw it on the news tonight. 

So many great tunes. R.I.P :(

On 12/11/2019 at 8:14 PM, Geoff said:

Awesome tune. That and 'Fading like a flower' are probably my two faves. I actually like most their hits, but yeah, they did have some ripper lesser know tunes. 

Yeah, my brother said he saw it on the news tonight. 

So many great tunes. R.I.P :(

"Fading like a flower" was my introduction to Roxette.

I was lucky enough to see them a few years ago. Marie had to have a few breaks throughout the show... but was amazing overall. She still  had a great voice. Crowd went nuts when she was singing....

Degreed pays tribute to Marie by covering a Roxette song.

The celebrated rock band degreed is here thanking Marie Fredriksson (and Roxette) for the music with a tribute cover of the well known song Spending My Time.

”I’ve been a fan of Roxette and particularly Marie Fredriksson since I was a kid. They’re one of the biggest bands ever to come out of Sweden and recording a Roxette cover is something that I’ve had in mind for many years. When I heard about Marie Fredriksson´s passing, there was no more excuses. It was time to honor one of the, in my opinion, greatest female singers there ever was. This is our way of saying thank you for the music.” 
- Sincerely, Robin

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/15/2020 at 7:19 PM, Darkstone said:

Came across this youtube video today about "The Look". What a great band Roxette were, what a great talent Marie was and what a great musical culture the swedes are. 

Thats cool. What a pleasant, humble sounding fella. I enjoyed the video and loved their music.