One Desire - Midnight Empire

Stefan

Sturm & Drang had some killer tunes especially on their last album. I also don't think I knew of the connection... 

19 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I know he led with "I think," but it wasn't a subjective statement. Freedom Rock is packed with hooks. Whether, or not, you like those hooks is a matter on its own. 

Nope, I dont hear any hooks. Simple as that. Not a matter of whether I like them or not, not one single song hooked me thus in my opinion they lack hooks.

Why is it that people on here love telling other people they are wrong when they are not a fan of something they are? I don't get it.

• My Little Pony
3 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Nope, I dont hear any hooks. Simple as that. Not a matter of whether I like them or not, not one single song hooked me thus in my opinion they lack hooks.

Why is it that people on here love telling other people they are wrong when they are not a fan of something they are? I don't get it.

Good question. Why do you keep telling us we're wrong? 

;}

13 hours ago, Glen said:

yeah he was singer of that band. 

Strum und Drang were pretty good but always veering slightly to that power metal sound.

RnR children showed the most promise and songs like that's the way I am & Life were great and a sign of potential.

defo realised that potential with One Desire though which in all fairness is a massive step up in quality 

This was always my fav track -

Yes, love this song!

On 1/31/2020 at 9:24 AM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I know he led with "I think," but it wasn't a subjective statement. Freedom Rock is packed with hooks. Whether, or not, you like those hooks is a matter on its own. 

Pains me to say it, but the face full of carpet is definitely right here. And I'm pretty sure 99.9% of people would agree with him, regardless of whether they like the CD or not.

I can look at pop charts and listen to stuff I absolutely despise to the point of wanting to murder it... but a hook's a hook. A lot of what I think is terrible music still has hooks - I just don't like them. I am totally cool with people saying they don't like whatever for whatever reason. For instance, HEAT is shit and I hate their pathetic hooks. But to say the hooks just don't actually exist at all - well, I'm sorry mate - it's a bit silly. We can all hear them clear as day. ;)

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

I'm baffled this wasn't a known fact for everyone (the Sturm Und Drang/One Desire connection).

I guess some of you weren't around at the time. So here you go, the original thread: 

Well there's my memory for you right then and there. I knew it was somewhere in that gigantic brain of mine. 

sexy dean winchester GIF 

• My Little Pony
11 hours ago, Glen said:

yeah I thought it was common  knowledge tbh

Honestly, I thought that was how we all became aware of the band. The previous singer was terrible. 

From Frontiers:

One Desire, quite literally, just wrapped up work on their new album, "Midnight Empire" and will be releasing more details and the first single & video very soon! Here's a little video they put together about making one of the tracks, 'Shadowman'. Enjoy and stay tuned.....

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ponen said:

Let me take a guess here..

HEAT>One Desire>Harem Scarem>NFO>Khymera

..It might turn out be right :drink:.

my guess would be only Khymera is in the correct spot ;)

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Tabe said:

"This is one of those songs that was written in like 10 minutes" - yeah, kinda sounds like it, too.  

how can you tell from a 10 sec clip ? 

17 hours ago, Stefan said:

'After You're Gone' premiers tomorrow.

Now playing. Great song.

From Frontiers:

ONE DESIRE released their self-titled debut to massive acclaim. With a true hit single, 'Hurt' (nearly 2 million views on Youtube, 3 million streams on Spotify) the band found their way to the forefront of the melodic rock scene. A couple of successful European tours with Eclipse and H.E.A.T were followed by more dates and festivals through the end of 2017, before the band headed back to the studio to start work on their sophomore release.

In the works for a little over two years, the resulting album “Midnight Empire” generously repays the long wait the fans have had to suffer for new music from the band. It’s a more mature, at times adventurous, album, but still with an unbelievable hookiness that fans know and love from the debut. This is simply your album of the year if you like, no LOVE Melodic Rock. It’s going to be quite impossible to top this!

Tracklist:
1. Shadowman
2. After You’re Gone
3. Down And Dirty
4. Godsent Extasy
5. Through The Fire
6. Heroes
7. Rio
8. Battlefield Of Love
9. Killer Queen
10. Only When I Breathe

Line-up:
André Linman – lead vocals, guitars
Jimmy Westerlund – guitars, bg vocals, lead vocals (5)
Ossi Sivula – drums

Jonas Kuhlberg – bass

13 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Now playing. Great song.

From Frontiers:

ONE DESIRE released their self-titled debut to massive acclaim. With a true hit single, 'Hurt' (nearly 2 million views on Youtube, 3 million streams on Spotify) the band found their way to the forefront of the melodic rock scene. A couple of successful European tours with Eclipse and H.E.A.T were followed by more dates and festivals through the end of 2017, before the band headed back to the studio to start work on their sophomore release.

In the works for a little over two years, the resulting album “Midnight Empire” generously repays the long wait the fans have had to suffer for new music from the band. It’s a more mature, at times adventurous, album, but still with an unbelievable hookiness that fans know and love from the debut. This is simply your album of the year if you like, no LOVE Melodic Rock. It’s going to be quite impossible to top this!

Tracklist:
1. Shadowman
2. After You’re Gone
3. Down And Dirty
4. Godsent Extasy
5. Through The Fire
6. Heroes
7. Rio
8. Battlefield Of Love
9. Killer Queen
10. Only When I Breathe

Line-up:
André Linman – lead vocals, guitars
Jimmy Westerlund – guitars, bg vocals, lead vocals (5)
Ossi Sivula – drums

Jonas Kuhlberg – bass

I wonder how Harem Scarem feel reading that comment? Not very subtle.