Tom Keifer - Rise

Crazysam

Former Cinderella frontman Tom Keifer is set to release his second solo album on September 13 on Cleopatra Records.  First single/video "The Death of Me" is out now.

https://cleorecs.com/store/shop/tom-keifer-rise-limited-edition-colored-vinyl/

https://cleorecs.com/store/shop/tom-keifer-rise-cd/

Image result for tom keifer rise

Tom Keifer - Rise

TRACK LISTING

1. Touching The Divine
2. The Death Of Me
3. Waiting On The Demons
4. Hype
5. Untitled
6. Rise
7. All Amped Up
8. Breaking Down
9. Taste For The Pain
10. Life Was Here
11. You Believe In Me

Well that's a fair bit heavier than anything from his debut disc...from anything he's basically ever done in fact...nice  :)

Edited by lettard

19 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Are the rest of the Cinderella boys not interested in recording new Cinderella tunes?

I read somewhere that Keifer stated that Cinderella is over. Not sure what happened.

• 1 month later...

Heard this loosely this morning. Actually sounds like a pretty bad album. :(

Was surprised he pulled out his old style vocals. Interesting choice. 

Yeah upon further reflextion its not as good as Id given it kudus to earlier,I was a bit quick off the mark after I listened to it on my ipod whilst at work...but a few listens a home and he really is straining sometimes and its nerve jinglingly bad at times...about a half way house for me ratings wise...maybe a bit less  :( but when its good it is good though..just not enough.

Edited by lettard

On 8/1/2019 at 2:01 PM, gooup said:

I read somewhere that Keifer stated that Cinderella is over. Not sure what happened.

There was an interview he did recently where he said he and certain members pretty much fell out.

He remained professional and never slagged anyone off, but from what he said there is some kind of personal issues thats pretty much killed any chance of them working together.

8 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

There was an interview he did recently where he said he and certain members pretty much fell out.

He remained professional and never slagged anyone off, but from what he said there is some kind of personal issues thats pretty much killed any chance of them working together.

I guess when 25 years pass since you last recorded an album together, it's safe to assume that something wasn't quite working out. ;) 

Shame, though. I had 'Night Songs' in the cassette deck the other night and I loved getting back there. They were a good, consistent band and it's a shame that they only had those four albums. 

2 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I guess when 25 years pass since you last recorded an album together, it's safe to assume that something wasn't quite working out. ;) 

Yeah but they had been a touring band for quite a lot of years after that and that point Tom was not recording anything for some reason, so whatever happened was only fairly recent in the big scheme of things.

I thankfully got to see them 8 years ago when they did a one off date here, then two years later Tom releases his first solo album, so my guess is whatever it is it happened some time around 2012 or so.

11 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Yeah but they had been a touring band for quite a lot of years after that and that point Tom was not recording anything for some reason, so whatever happened was only fairly recent in the big scheme of things.

I thankfully got to see them 8 years ago when they did a one off date here, then two years later Tom releases his first solo album, so my guess is whatever it is it happened some time around 2012 or so.

Yeah, it's a similar situation to Poison, I guess. All of these bands, who seem to stay together for decades without recording new music. It's as if they lose their passion for music somewhere along the way and just see it as a 9-5 type job to earn a livelihood. 

• My Little Pony

Jeff LaBar has assumed responsibility. He believes it's his drinking problem that ended the band. I guess a few years ago he fell off the stage on one of the cruises, and he feels Tom wasn't too impressed and pretty much pulled the plug shortly after. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/21/2019 at 12:18 PM, Geoff said:

Yeah, it's a similar situation to Poison, I guess. All of these bands, who seem to stay together for decades without recording new music. It's as if they lose their passion for music somewhere along the way and just see it as a 9-5 type job to earn a livelihood. 

From what I have seen over the years with Poison, most of the problems boil down to Bret. He would rather record his underwhelming rip off albums and tour than record a new Poison album (he is also the reason they do not tend to do international touring).

Many times other members of the band have stated they would be up for recording new material or doing international tours but "one person is standing in the way". Hell, didn't the whole band go on tour under a different name with a different singer at one point because of his reluctance to do anything that does not suit him?

I love Poison, and used to really like Bret but in this day and age the guy would rather sell people crap emojis or bottles of Snapple than do anything Poison related.

21 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Jeff LaBar has assumed responsibility. He believes it's his drinking problem that ended the band. I guess a few years ago he fell off the stage on one of the cruises, and he feels Tom wasn't too impressed and pretty much pulled the plug shortly after. 

Yeah that was it. Could not for the life of me remember where the article was, so could not remember what the deal was.

14 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

From what I have seen over the years with Poison, most of the problems boil down to Bret. He would rather record his underwhelming rip off albums and tour than record a new Poison album (he is also the reason they do not tend to do international touring).

Many times other members of the band have stated they would be up for recording new material or doing international tours but "one person is standing in the way". Hell, didn't the whole band go on tour under a different name with a different singer at one point because of his reluctance to do anything that does not suit him?

I love Poison, and used to really like Bret but in this day and age the guy would rather sell people crap emojis or bottles of Snapple than do anything Poison related.

It's very sad, but I acknowledged long ago that I don't think there's any chance you'd get a decent album from Poison anymore anyway. Bar a song or two, I haven't enjoyed much of anything they've recorded since 1993. The very few new recordings they have offered  through the years all showed clearly that they "lost it" a long time ago, sadly, as they are one of my all-time favourite bands. :(

10 hours ago, Geoff said:

It's very sad, but I acknowledged long ago that I don't think there's any chance you'd get a decent album from Poison anymore anyway. Bar a song or two, I haven't enjoyed much of anything they've recorded since 1993. The very few new recordings they have offered  through the years all showed clearly that they "lost it" a long time ago, sadly, as they are one of my all-time favourite bands. :(

Crack a smile is an amazing album. Hollyweird was ok, but not exactly mind blowing. Studio tracks on Power to the people are a mixed bag (the ballad is great). And the covers album is hit or miss. I do think that if Bret put his mind to it and put aside all his side project bullshit (I am not just talking about music), he could still write a cracker of an album, but he is driven by the almighty dollar and he sees no value in a new Poison album.

11 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Crack a smile is an amazing album. Hollyweird was ok, but not exactly mind blowing. Studio tracks on Power to the people are a mixed bag (the ballad is great). And the covers album is hit or miss. I do think that if Bret put his mind to it and put aside all his side project bullshit (I am not just talking about music), he could still write a cracker of an album, but he is driven by the almighty dollar and he sees no value in a new Poison album.

I love the idea that he/they could still create a great album, but jeez those solo albums don't give you much hope. 

I love the two ballads on 'Crack A Smile' but I didn't like the rest of it. Immaculately produced and a killer sound, but I just don't dig the songs. It just wasn't the Poison we loved for so many years prior. 

I more or less agree with your analysis of the songs since then. I know you're not that phased by it, but the main issue for me since then is the songs have just sounded cheap and nasty - like shit, to put it frankly. It's like they stopped caring how they sounded production-wise, and the quality of the songs and musicianship kind of mirrored the effort they put into actually making themselves sound okay. It was all just cheap, budget-sounding crap. 

No musical project would make me happier - honestly - than a completely serious and considered effort from Poison. Would kill for it. But like you say, probably not ever going to happen. :(

I think it's pretty sad that a band that had the degree of success they did can't find it in them anywhere to put together some kind of last hurrah, if nothing else. 

On 9/22/2019 at 9:52 AM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

PC Bullshit.

What the hell, falling off the stage is rock'n'fuckin'roll :D

I find it hard to get in to Keifer and also Pearcy solo stuff. Their voices are so unique that they miss what was at the time.
Dee Snider as well to an extent and TS are one of my fave's

• 4 months later...