Quiet Riot - Hollywood cowboys

Captain Howdy

66314856_2356856504370387_34209409315729

59306038_2232926343430071_19985948872424

BREAKING NEWS: We are pleased to announce that Quiet Riot are back on November 8, 2019 with a new studio album "Hollywood Cowboys"! Album cover and tracklisting below. More info, first single, and pre-orders coming soon....

Tracklist:
1. Don’t Call It Love
2. In The Blood
3. Heartbreak City
4. The Devil That You Know
5. Change Or Die
6. Roll On
7. Insanity
8. Hellbender
9. Wild Horses
10. Holding On
11. Last Outcast
12. Arrows And Angels

Line-up:
Frankie Banali - drums
Alex Grossi - guitars
Chuck Wright – bass guitar
James Durbin - vocals

27 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Like the last one, I won't be buying this, but one thing I will say is that cover looks awfully cheap and tacky.

My Thoughts exactly  :)

This album cover has been universally hated everywhere that I follow music online. I agree that there's something kind of goofy about it. Having said that, I can't quite put my finger on what is so especially bad about it. It's not legendary artwork, but it's certainly a competent drawing of a Wild West scene. It's colorful, but I wouldn't say excessively so. It incorporates the classic Quiet Riot mask that has been on almost all of their albums. Again, I'm not exactly a lover of this new album cover, but what seems to be making it particularly hated?

It's simple for me, it looks cheap. Kinda reminds me of a lot of those older indy releases where the artwork was probably done by the drummers younger sister who was paid $5 for her trouble.

• 1 month later...

I mentioned this elsewhere but the song is palatable. The unfortunate rub is that if this was from any unknown band anywhere in the known free world NO ONE would be caring or talking about it and certainly wouldn't be buying it.

Terrible bait and switch to sell some records cuz we know there are rabid fans that will buy everything to complete the set.

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, martinsane said:

I mentioned this elsewhere but the song is palatable. The unfortunate rub is that if this was from any unknown band anywhere in the known free world NO ONE would be caring or talking about it and certainly wouldn't be buying it.

Terrible bait and switch to sell some records cuz we know there are rabid fans that will buy everything to complete the set.

Absolutely spot on.

18 hours ago, martinsane said:

I have long been one of those sort of fans who likes to complete discographies (I have some truly atrocious dog turds in my collection from once great bands), but in recent years with the amount of great new bands coming out and releasing must buy albums I have started being more selective of which old school bands I continue to buy. I still have not bought the last Warrant album as like the previous one, I will wait until it is dirt cheap somewhere before buying it (not terrible albums, but not great either.. and certainly not Warrant to me), but with Quiet Riot I don't think I will ever buy another album by them unless some kind of historic unreleased material album surfaces. Did not buy the last one, and will not be buying this.

Even if this was released under a different name, I still think I would give it a miss.

• Like 1

Terrible. 

But you guys seem to be missing the saddest thing about all this. Quiet Riot have sucked for a long time. That's a given. But James Durbin was a damn fine artist and now he's mixed up in this shit and just embarrassing himself with this nonsense. 

Fuck that is terrible. 

Please quit this shit, James, and go back to this;

What a fall from grace. :(

I do not watch any of these Idol programmes but I do laugh that this guy finished 4th or 5th in the American version, and ends up in an established band, which is a bad mistake. And then you get Erik Gronwall who won Swedish Idol and goes on to join and established band who just seem to go from strength to strength.

Just proves that rock fans are not making their decisions based on singers coming from reality TV shows.

• 2 weeks later...

Durbin is out!! Jizzy Pearl back in.

Singer James Durbin no longer in Quiet Riot two months before the release of new studio album

Quiet Riot led by drummer Frankie Banali seem to have a hard time keeping lead vocalists ever since restarting in 2010 three years after Kevin DuBrow‘s passing on November 25, 2007. The group is presumably going to be looking for or has already hired its seventh lead vocalist since DuBrow‘s passing.

Quiet Riot‘s list of singers since 2010 consist of Mark Huff (2010-2012), Keith St. John (2012), Scott Vokoun (2012–2013), Jizzy Pearl (2013–2016), Seann Nicols (2016-2017) and now Durbin (2017-2019).

Durbin posted the following message on his Instagram and Facebook pages less than an hour ago:

“Thanks to the fans.

Thanks for the noise.

3/18/17 – 9/7/19″

This is a rather surprising development since Quiet Riot are scheduled to release their new studio album Hollywood Cowboys with Durbin on lead vocals via Frontiers Music Srl on November 9, 2019.

This is familiar territory for Quiet Riot since the band was supposed to release its studio album Road Rage with Seann Nicols on lead vocals back on April 21, 2017 before replacing Nicols with Durbin in early March 2017, and then quickly electing to re-record the songs for Road Rage with Durbin handling the lead vocals and delaying the release of the album to August 4, 2017.

Quiet Riot are scheduled to play the Grand Rocktember VII in Hinckley, Minnesota, USA that takes place on September 20, and 21, 2019.

Jizzy Pearl returns as new lead vocalist for Quiet Riot

Posted on September 8, 2019 by Olivier

Jizzy Pearl returns as new lead vocalist for Quiet Riot

Things are moving quickly in the Quiet Riot camp as rock journalist Mitch Lafon of Rock Talk with Mitch Lafon just tweeted less than 30 minutes ago that Jizzy Pearl will be replacing James Durbin as lead vocalist in Quiet Riot, and drummer Frankie Banali posted almost simultaneously the following message via his Facebook account:

“THE RETURN OF THE COOL DARK ONE TO QUIET RIOT. LADIES & GENTS WELCOME BACK …. JIZZY PEARL!”

Earlier today, Durbin announced in rather cryptic fashion that he was no longer in Quiet Riot with the following message on his Instagram and Facebook accounts:

“Thanks to the fans.

Thanks for the noise.

3/18/17 – 9/7/19″

Pearl originally joined Quiet Riot in late November 2013 until early October 2016 when it was announced that Seann Nicols was taking over the lead vocal duties at the beginning of 2017 given that Pearl had decided to step down from his position. Quiet Riot released the studio album 10 back in 2014 with Pearl handling lead vocals on the six studio tracks.