What's a spinnin' in your DVD player ?

Dave

Been watchin the hell out of the Motley Crue- Carnival of Sins DVD set!! Cant get enough of it!!! Went to St.Louis and seen them live then bought the DVD when it came out!!! Later Rich

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been watching all the Ratt vids converted to DVD... lovin' it. Why are there not filmclips for 'One step away' and 'Givin' yourself away'??? Or 'Nobody rides for free'? Surely these were all singles? Maybe I haven't got that far on the DVD yet? F*ck me 'Detonator' is an amazing disc.

There was a video for "Nobody Rides for Free". If I remeber correctly they were on a beach in the video because the song was in the movie Point Break. I think Robin Crosby had left the group by this point because I don't remember him being in the video.

As for "Givin Yourself Away" I don't think there was a video for that one, stupid huh.

I think I read somewhere that Stephen Pearcy hated that song. The only vids from Detonator that I remember MTV playing was "Shame,Shame,Shame" and "Lovin You's a Dirty Job".

Been watching all the Ratt vids converted to DVD... lovin' it. Why are there not filmclips for 'One step away' and 'Givin' yourself away'??? Or 'Nobody rides for free'? Surely these were all singles? Maybe I haven't got that far on the DVD yet? F*ck me 'Detonator' is an amazing disc.

There was a video for "Nobody Rides for Free". If I remeber correctly they were on a beach in the video because the song was in the movie Point Break. I think Robin Crosby had left the group by this point because I don't remember him being in the video.

As for "Givin Yourself Away" I don't think there was a video for that one, stupid huh.

I think I read somewhere that Stephen Pearcy hated that song. The only vids from Detonator that I remember MTV playing was "Shame,Shame,Shame" and "Lovin You's a Dirty Job".

Correct on all accounts, Wes. I finished watching the DVD last night and ‘Nobody Rides For Free’ was on the end, minus Robin Crosby (RIP). I still thought ‘Givin’ yourself away’ and ‘One step away’ were going to be on there… but it wasn’t to be. They couldn’t possibly have recorded 2 more commercially directed songs… but they weren’t even singles??? What the hell??? ‘Slip of the lip’ was a single but not those 2???

And yeah, there’s ‘Shame, Shame Shame’ and ‘Lovin’ you’s a dirty job’ on there (both of which kick immense ass anyway) but that’s it from ‘Detonator’. What a wasted opportunity.

Is it ‘Givin’ yourself away’ Pearcy hates, or ‘Can’t wait on love’? I think you’re right about ‘Givin’ yourself away’, but ‘Can’t wait on love’ also sticks out too. Man I gotta play that album tonight!!!

Can anyone tell me why Robin Crosby left Ratt before ‘Nobody Rides for free’?

Did Ratt split due to lack of success?

Wouldn’t you have killed to hear a new studio album from Ratt in 1992???!!!

From what I've read he had many producing opportunities after producing the 1st Lillian Axe album, but he claimed in his dying days that it was all bullshit told to him by Ratt's manager and there weren't any opportunities.

From what I've read he had many producing opportunities after producing the 1st Lillian Axe album, but he claimed in his dying days that it was all bullshit told to him by Ratt's manager and there weren't any opportunities.

Obviously they broke up anyway in the end, but it's sad to see that after the line-up stayed original for so long that he left right at the last minute... and for nothing, by the looks of it. :( 'Detonator' was really their final make or break album, though, wasn't it? And it would be depressing to make an album that good and not tear the scene apart. Jeez I miss vintage Ratt. They were such an awesome band. I think I'm going to get the discography out and belt them out one after another.

Rick Springfield 'Live In Rockford' .... Amazing live show !

• 3 weeks later...

HEART - ALIVE IN SEATTLE.

:bowdown: Ann Wilson,proves why she is the female equivalent of :bowdown: Sir Paul Rodgers.

To hear her brilliance, especially on "Crazy On You", "Magic Man" and the acoustic version of "Alone" which sends the chills down your spine.

She is in a leauge of her own.

Great DVD , great band {Including Mike Inez on Bass who's guitar work, especally on the Zep's Black Dog is a treat}.

Also,

REO SPEEDWAGON - LIVE.

Very good DVD although i think his vocals are not as good as what they once were. Bruce Hall on the other hand does a pretty good vocal performance on the classic "Back On The Road Again". Overall, still a good show.

This afternoon I watched some bits and pieces of Iron Maiden's VISIONS OF THE BEAST DVD

Adam Bomb - Live 2007 DVD

How is this one Nick? And where did you get it? Is it worth picking up?

Allo Chad!

I think they are only sold at gigs - I picked it up at the one in Bury a week or so ago, it was a recording from a few nights before at a place called The Snooty Fox, the quality is pretty cool and the camera shots are good but the venue is only small. There is no actual menu the recording just starts off and you can't pick or choose songs. It's more a DVD-R as obviously the chap doesn't have a DVD pressing plant on tour with him heh!

I watched it with the missus and it's a great reminder of the gig, the crowd there are darn quiet though ... but every so often you can hear 'em. The DVD is around 55 mins whereas the actual gig at Bury was about 1 hr 30 so some songs ain't on the DVD and there was a hell of a lot more rapport with the audience at Bury. I'm dead pleased with it I have to say.

If you go to his myspace page and send him a message you may be able to get a copy. He wasn't sure wether it would play on a U.S. DVD player (unless it's multi-regioned maybe) but it will play on a PC. Works great on my DVD player though.

I plan to see every single episode of 'Family Guy' asap... and have re-started this quest with the DVDs I have.

I've been asking for Family Guy DVD's for the past two years now for Christmas and other occations and haven't gotten any. I guess I'm going to have to suck it up and buy them myself.

Does anyone know if Aqua Teen Hunger Force is on DVD?

Checked out that Adam Bomb: Live 2007 DVD last night. Not bad at all... by no means a polished product, but still worth checking out. The set list contained mostly "newer" tunes, many of which I wasn't familiar with. But after watching the DVD I guess I should pick up some of the "newer" releases. :banger:

~ Dave ~

• 2 weeks later...

GOTTHARD - Made In Switzerland. :tumbsup:.

HEART - Alive In Seattle. :tumbsup: .

When you hear :bowdown: Ann Wilson sing the acoustic version of "Alone", it makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck.

Simply brilliant.

I watched a heap of "hair metal" vids last night spanning the late 80's and early 90's. Loved every second of it, including Blue Tears, Tyketto, Steelheart etc.

When you hear :bowdown: Ann Wilson sing the acoustic version of "Alone", it makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck.

Simply brilliant.

It certainly does - one of my fave concert dvd's. Nancy is a babe as well!!!!

Simply brilliant.

You know what I played my mate the I-Ten version of the song (Alone) and he hated it - he practically accused me of ruining the song for him :yikes: I actually prefer it to the Heart cover.

Simply brilliant.

You know what I played my mate the I-Ten version of the song (Alone) and he hated it - he practically accused me of ruining the song for him :yikes: I actually prefer it to the Heart cover.

For me, Heart "rock it up" a lot more than I-Ten (embarrassingly so for I-Ten considering the fact that Heart were pretty liteweight themselves). I much prefer Heart's version. Much more passionate, IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

Watched the Crashdiet DVD the other day and Dan's review of it in the Glam section is pretty much bang on. I think the concert footage is pretty cool though and I watched it all the way through which is odd for me as with some DVD's I get a little bored.

It seems the rougher and more true to life they are the more that I enjoy them (except in the case of Aerosmith Permanent Vacation Live DVD which is ab-so-lute pap!...but it isn't officially licensed from the band anyhoo)

I also watched the original version of The Wicker Man again the other evening an I couldn't help but think of Wotty hahaha!