What's a spinnin' in your DVD player ?

Dave

Treat - Live At Firefest '06

Is that any good?

Yeah it is good!- A no thrills 45 minute live show, but the band rock it up. Really good sound as well. . Nice to watch, as I was at the gig. It's included with the Ltd Edition version of the remastered 'Scratch And Bite'.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Treat - Live At Firefest '06

Is that any good?

Yeah it is good!- A no thrills 45 minute live show, but the band rock it up. Really good sound as well. . Nice to watch, as I was at the gig. It's included with the Ltd Edition version of the remastered 'Scratch And Bite'.

I forgot that was coming out. Damn, add another one to my never ending list of cd wants. :doh:

The Nightmare Returns - Alice Cooper.........This concert smokes and is easily the best Alice Cooper DVD in my opinion :tumbsup:

Beautiful Voices - This is a Nuclear Blast release but after watching this I realised there was one very big problem with it :unsure: ............I did not hear one beautiful voice :lame:

TMG - Dodge The Bullet Live 2004

And again today....Actually very good this is and one now knows why Chris Frazier was wanted by Coverdale for Whitesnake......He drums on this and does a mighty fine job :tumbsup:

Tak Matsumoto might not be in the same league as Akira Takasaki, but he too does very good work on the strings and Jack Blades and Eric Martin always have been and always will be great on the bass and vocals respectively.

Very good stuff indeed :tumbsup:

Watched again today......Again, great stuff :tumbsup:

Bruce Dickinson-Skunkworks Live(from the Anthology DVD)

This is a great live show filmed in Spain in 2006.

If you loved or hated the Skunworks album doesn't matter becasue these guys were very good live and were very talented. For the record I actually like the Skunworks cd, even though it's my least fav Bruce solo disc.

Bruce Dickinson-Skunkworks Live(from the Anthology DVD)

This is a great live show filmed in Spain in 2006.

If you loved or hated the Skunworks album doesn't matter becasue these guys were very good live and were very talented. For the record I actually like the Skunworks cd, even though it's my least fav Bruce solo disc.

Still spinning this one and the Scream for Me Brazil show from the same DVD set. :banger:

• 3 weeks later...

Iron Maiden - Live After Death

Great dvd but the picture quality is not up to the standard I would have hoped for!

I know it`s 20 odd years old but with todays technology etc etc

Toto - Greatest Hits Live (Le Zenith - Paris , October 1990)

Only ever saw the tv edited version but great show. Always thought Byron sang on more songs, sounded good on the ones he did sing on! :tumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Gotthard - Dial Hard Live - Stuttgart 1994

Finally get to see and hear their classic track "Angel" played the way it should be live :tumbsup:

Do a pretty good cover of the Zep's Rock n' Roll as well.

Only ever saw the tv edited version but great show. Always thought Byron sang on more songs, sounded good on the ones he did sing on! :tumbsup:

That was the show I was at Faron. Byron was poncing around on stage like a Prince wannabe and was slightly embarassing to say the least. The DVD was edited as much as possible not to include him.

I loved the four tracks he did on the Past To Present disc, but he was downright awful live!! Hence why he was dumped shortly afterwards.

That was the show I was at Faron. Byron was poncing around on stage like a Prince wannabe and was slightly embarassing to say the least. The DVD was edited as much as possible not to include him.

I loved the four tracks he did on the Past To Present disc, but he was downright awful live!! Hence why he was dumped shortly afterwards.

You`re a minor celebrity in my eyes matey :bowdown:

Still got to buy the XX and Past To Present for the extra unheard tracks :tumbsup:

Hartmann - Handmade

Usually acoustic, unplugged, stripped or whatever you want to call it CD's or DVD's usually struggle to keep the interest levels up right through to the end, but not this one.

This is a very tight band with a great sound and add to that the vocal harmonies of the three girls up the back who do a great job {you have to hear them perform individually on "Out In The Cold"....simply brilliant} and Oliver Hartmann's vocals are of a very high quality as well.

His material suits this format and overall, this is a very good DVD and comes highly recommended :tumbsup:

• My Little Pony

I've had the Genesis: Live in Rome since it's release, and have yet to listen to it. I'm planning on watching it with two other Genesis fans, but trying to get schedules to line up seems impossible lately.

FM - Back In The Saddle

Watched this one as well yesterday along with Rory Gallagher - "Live At Montreux"

Brilliant viewing on all accounts :tumbsup:

Played this last night:

CANNIBAL CORPSE - Centuries of Torment :banger: