Nitrate - Open Wide

Crazysam

New album looks to be on the way soon from Nitrate.  Rob, Nick and Pete are back and will be joined by Marcus Thurston (Vega) on guitar and Phil Lindstrand on vocals

Here is a recent comment from the band's FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Musician-Band/Nitrate-100323740377514/ 

Early mixes coming back from Pete Newdeck are sounding awesome. Hearing the vocals for the first time and they are outstanding.  Enter Philip Lindstrandon lead vocals for Nitrate 2 can’t stop listening

Image may contain: 2 people, text

• Like 1

Really like the debut. Not that he 's bad or anything, but change of vocalist could/should be a good thing and improve the band.

1 hour ago, The Rocker said:

Really like the debut. Not that he 's bad or anything, but change of vocalist could/should be a good thing and improve the band.

I was going to type the same exact thing :)

I liked the debut also but it did take me some time to warm to the vocals.  Basically, the songs and music were pretty instant with the whole "Midnite City" vibe....But I had to listen a few times to let the vocals sink in. 

Really interested to hear how they sound with Phil.  

Haha, no idea who this new vocalist is, but I agree with you guys. I think a new vocalist will be a good thing for this band. I love Zinatra, but he just didn't work out with the Nitrate debut. I reckon this second one should be a cracker. 

This page has links to sound bytes.....Sounding pretty good to my ears.

https://rockposer.com/2019/05/02/nitrate-new-signing-on-aor-heaven-new-album-open-wide-out-june-21st-2019/?fbclid=IwAR1Ku9V0Pu_buKxd5igancs65YReAQcF2yScb8j-viqD4ZkgxX-M3L0R6Hg

Nitrate is back bigger & better with their second album ‘Open Wide’ following on from their successful and highly rated debut ‘Realworld’ from 2018. The album will bre released on June 21st, 2019 on AOR Heaven.

Inspired by the late 80’s rock scene with bands such as Def Leppard, Europe, Motley Crue, and Bon Jovi, Nitrate is the brainchild of song writer Nick Hogg (bass guitar/keyboards).
Once again, Rob Wylde (Midnite City/ Tigertailz/ Teenage Casket Company) co-wrote, produced the album and played rhythm guitar. Back on drums & mixing is Pete Newdeck  (Midnite City, Eden’s Curse, Blood Red Saints, Newman). New to Nitrate are Marcus Thurston (Vega) who  took over lead guitar duties and on lead vocals and, all the way from Sweden, Philip Lindstrand (Find Me, East Temple Avenue, Strong). The mastering was once again handled by Harry Hess (Harem Scarem).

Nitrate’s follow up album packs more punch than the first, with a more edgier, in your face feel complete with 10 hard hitting Hair Metal/AOR/Melodic Rock tracks with all out hooks and big backing vocals.

Line up:

Nick Hogg – Bass Guitar & Keyboards

Rob Wylde – Rhythm Guitars, Keyboards, Backing vocals

Philip Lindstrand – Lead & Backing Vocals

Pete Newdeck – Drums & Backing vocals

Marcus Thurston – Lead Guitar

Produced by Rob Wylde; Mixed by Pete Newdeck; Mastered by Harry Hess ; Engineered by Leon Bailey & Pete Newdeck

Nice,sounding pretty good,some of these guys are definitely keeping busy,that'll be 2 Midnite City & 2 Nitrate cds in just over a year!! nice   :)

Edited by lettard

1 hour ago, lettard said:

Nice,sounding pretty good,some of these definitely keep busy,that'll be 2 Midnite City & 2 Nitrate cds in just over a year!! nice   :)

These new songs are sounding even closer to Midnite City IMO.

I expect I'll like this as it's right in my wheelhouse.

7 hours ago, tts42572 said:

These new songs are sounding even closer to Midnite City IMO.

I expect I'll like this as it's right in my wheelhouse.

If that's the case in the sound, then it'll be in my wheelhouse also. LOVE  the 2 Midnite City albums.

On 5/3/2019 at 12:17 AM, tts42572 said:

That sounds miles better than the debut and more or less completely on par with Midnite City. Whether or not the new guy is a better singer or not that Joss (and technically, he's probably not by a long stretch) he's a much better fit for this band. Love it immensely. 

On 5/4/2019 at 8:56 AM, Geoff said:

That sounds miles better than the debut and more or less completely on par with Midnite City. Whether or not the new guy is a better singer or not that Joss (and technically, he's probably not by a long stretch) he's a much better fit for this band. Love it immensely. 

Agree ..great point....this voice is just a much better fit for the style of music.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Glen said:

stupid name tho.

isn't Nitrate fertilizer ??

:lol:

This is funny and dependent upon the suffix, yes. Sodium nitrate is used to cure pork.

I can only imagine the band meeting.

"So Tommy what you got?"

"Uhhm, duh uhhm Septic Talon?"

"No that's no good." "Jimmy what you got?"

"Well I'm partial to Delilah's Septum."

"Not bad not bad at all..." "Keith what about you?"

"OK boys strap in here's the name, RU ready........NITRATE!"

The whole band in uni-some ala Bill & Ted : "WHOOOOAAA! EXCELLENT!"

Feckin' ding dongs.

And for the record, the songs made my balls retreat back into my body. Thanks Nitrate I am now a post op transgender...

1 hour ago, Glen said:

that is an absolute killer track. 

Agree...All killer tracks IMO.

Expect I'll like this more than the debut.  I'm just a sucker for this kind of stuff when it's done well.

So the obvious thing that's happening here is that the debut was MC b-sides and leftovers, regardless of the vocals that didn't suit the material. This new stuff is easily as good as MC, and in the case of some of these songs (particularly 'Only a heartache away' and 'Night time city') it actually sounds even better than the excellent MC. 

Cannot wait for this release and it'll be interesting to see if anything outdoes it for album of the year when it easily shoots up to top spot on the 21st of June.  

Agree with most of the comments above. I think we have an absolute gem here. Going by the 3 songs and if the rest of the album is as good or better than these songs then am sure this album will eclipse Crazy Lixx and First Signal by a long way. Might even be better than Midnite City's second album. Will see...

1 hour ago, Ponen said:

Agree with most of the comments above. I think we have an absolute gem here. Going by the 3 songs and if the rest of the album is as good or better than these songs then am sure this album will eclipse Crazy Lixx and First Signal by a long way. Might even be better than Midnite City's second album. Will see...

I agree it's looking real good but highly doubt it's passing Crazy Lixx for me....absolutely love that CL album.

Either way, looking like it'll be a very solid release.

20 hours ago, tts42572 said:

I agree it's looking real good but highly doubt it's passing Crazy Lixx for me....absolutely love that CL album.

Either way, looking like it'll be a very solid release.

yeah the other 7 songs need to be immense to surpass Crazy Lixx. 

I hope it does 

Ordered this direct from AOR Heaven earlier today,its already been posted so fingers crossed I have it by the weekend...that'd be nice...to sit at home looking out at the rain...but its summer inside with a cold Rockshore beer and some damn fine tunes :drink: