White Widdow - Victory

Stefan

7 hours ago, Glen said:

decent Opus. Crap sound.

I could record a thicker sound than this on my laptop 

The saddest thing is that you have a maestro like Enzo Almanzi and you make him sound like a pussy cat. 

Btw, still Ghost Of Graceland >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tunguska  (What a waste of a great title)

9 hours ago, kourosofsteel3 said:

The saddest thing is that you have a maestro like Enzo Almanzi and you make him sound like a pussy cat. 

Btw, still Ghost Of Graceland >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tunguska  (What a waste of a great title)

Yeah man, Enzo is a good dude. I'm also a bit disappointed as my only gripe is the WAY it sounds

Seeing as this is the band's second album with a ''thinner'' sound it had to be a conscious decision they (or someone) took which for me is hard to understand

4 hours ago, Glen said:

not listened properly yet but sounds a bit thin compared to Midnite City 

Agreed,although to be honest Im enjoying Midnite City so much that I have sorta passed this by since I got it.

15 hours ago, kourosofsteel3 said:

I'm lovin' it! And, sweet mother of Jesus, that synth driven lite AOR "reach up" is so infectious! (Just in time to unbox my "The Midnight" vinyl)

I was waiting for this one and YES!  You are right the groove in "Reach Up" is killer. One of the instances where the production actually fits the song, very cool

This is a really nice album, but I gotta be honest - the thin sound bothers me a bit. I don't really understand it, is the main thing. I doubt they couldn't have had this well produced, if they wanted it. So to me, it seems like a personal decision and I don't know why they made the call. Overall, I guess some of the really vintage sounding AOR kind of suits a thinner production, but my main issue is how it cheapens the backing vocals. The backing vocals and harmonies are a pretty important part of this band's sound, and like I say, I think the thin production takes away from this. 

I hope they return to the sound/style of their s/t or 'Serenade' soon as I love the albums... but I'm not sure this thin sound is the direction they need to be taking. 

I cannot get enough from it! Pure silky AOR uncork champagne  anthems! They did it again! Of course, I wouldn't mind if they indeed searched for the punchy Crossfire sound. As long as the songs are great. 

13 hours ago, kourosofsteel3 said:

I cannot get enough from it! Pure silky AOR uncork champagne  anthems! They did it again! Of course, I wouldn't mind if they indeed searched for the punchy Crossfire sound. As long as the songs are great. 

The songs are always great - that won't be an issue with these guys. But it's amazing the influence a good production has on the songs, though.

I was thinking today that for the hundreds of mundane releases you get per year - all well produced drivel - it's a bit of a crying shame when two of the premier acts "our genre" offers up submit albums with poor production jobs. And I speak of both Vega and White Widdow. Song-wise, easily two of the year's best albums. Production-wise, they would probably honestly, and sadly, be sitting in the bottom 5% of all 2018 releases, and that's a gigantic disappointment in my eyes. :(

Oh, and by the way, have you guys tuned into the shredding going on at the end of 'Fight for love?' Man that dude can play... 

• 1 month later...

Credit to this album. By my own admission, I was really quite bummed by the thin sound... but jeez I love these songs. The album is sooo enjoyable, and gets more so with every spin. Great album... just wish it had some balls. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Man, finally I've got the Jap. version! Feck me, but  those Japanese bonuses rule the airways!  (Restless Heart-Tattoo Rodeo cover +  Liaison Of Love(synthwave remix))! Tera giga mega release! I love them!