Ghost - Rats

Stefan

I've heard a couple songs of theirs in the past, but never really got into them.  From what I've seen, their songs revolve around Satan as do their costumes and stage shows.  Kind of like a modern version of King Diamond, but more tongue in cheek, and more diverse musically

Edited by Crazysam

• 3 weeks later...

Great band...Quite varied style wise, with a heady mix of Pop/Rock/Doom Metal with big, hooky choruses and a definite Sabbath,  Blue Oyster Cult reference in their sound. Here's another brilliant track from their 4th album 'Prequelle' released on Friday

27 minutes ago, Jez said:

This new track is catchy and has far more of a pop feel than the songs I've heard.  I recall them being heavier and more theatrical with a much darker lyrical theme like Mercyful Fate/King Diamond.   

19 hours ago, Jez said:

Great band...Quite varied style wise, with a heady mix of Pop/Rock/Doom Metal with big, hooky choruses and a definite Sabbath,  Blue Oyster Cult reference in their sound. Here's another brilliant track from their 4th album 'Prequelle' released on Friday

That is nice. Very nice indeed.

I've never listened to them until I heard this song, and I actually like it. Not what I imagined they should sound like at all. So I tried to check them out a bit, but they are confusing the hell out of me. How many personalities does the singer have? He's been four popes and now he is a cardinal? 

Been spinning the new album pretty much continuously over the past couple of days..These guys get better and better with each subsequent release, with  'Prequelle' being absolutely top notch all the way through. It's more  varied, 'accessible' and dare I say it 'poppy' than previously, but that is no bad thing in my book. Definitely one of the best this year by far and a quite superb album

18 minutes ago, Glen said:

mmm really wanted to like it but only Rats & Dance grabbed me 

Really? I was just about to look into checking them out, but you suggest these two are the only decent songs on the album? 

I like these two songs, but something about them keeps me at a distance. But I'm still curious. 

7 hours ago, Geoff said:

Really? I was just about to look into checking them out, but you suggest these two are the only decent songs on the album? 

I like these two songs, but something about them keeps me at a distance. But I'm still curious. 

it's a grower but those are the 2 most accessible tracks for me. 

I do like the song about death as well even if it is morbid 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's rare that I listen to a whole album in one sitting nowadays but Prequelle holds my interest throughout. Will defo give some of their other albums a listen 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I've started to like these guys and them going more melodic over time. 

Songs like 

Rats, Square Hammer, He Is, Dance Macabre, Missionary Man etc etc. 

Imo the satanic overtones are purely a gimmick. Tobias Forge seems a very intelligent and likeable guy. 

• 1 year later...