Tony Mills (Ex-Shy, Ex-TNT) new single

AlphaMale

I don't like his voice one iota, but it actually hasn't bothered me at all on this album. It's the best thing he's ever been involved with outside of Shy, no doubt in the world. It's a good album.

What Geoff said

I don't like his voice one iota, but it actually hasn't bothered me at all on this album. It's the best thing he's ever been involved with outside of Shy, no doubt in the world. It's a good album.

What Geoff said

What they said!

What Geoff said

What they said!

Not what they said

What Geoff said

What they said!

+1 :)

but each to their own

His voice annoys me :(

Agreed but he aint as whiny sounding on this
I've listened to it on Spotify - still annoys me :(

This, coming from a fan of Fish, almost sounds like a compliment :tumbsup:

But im a fan of 5 of the best progressive rock albums of all time. The vocals fit perfectly.

Unfortunately this album is not one of the 5 best melodic rock albums of all time. And yes his vocals are still annoying.

;)

Never thought of you as a fan of Genesis/Gentle Giant/King Crimson/Elp :tumbsup:

Back on topic: 4 great 90+ tunes, this has a strong possibility to be my 2nd purchase of the year in the HR/MHR/AOR field. I really can't say I'm enjoying the up tempo tunes though...

Btw, annoying is Lee Small doing the Mills' stuff in Shy ;)

I tried with this album. Never heard anything before

His voice... i personally have a hard time with it

I'm really, really into vocals so I had to stop about 3/4 way in. Vocals make or break it for me

Ultimately, not for me

But im a fan of 5 of the best progressive rock albums of all time. The vocals fit perfectly.

Unfortunately this album is not one of the 5 best melodic rock albums of all time. And yes his vocals are still annoying.

;)

Never thought of you as a fan of Genesis/Gentle Giant/King Crimson/Elp :tumbsup:

Back on topic: 4 great 90+ tunes, this has a strong possibility to be my 2nd purchase of the year in the HR/MHR/AOR field. I really can't say I'm enjoying the up tempo tunes though...

But surely that Small fronted Shy album was their best? No?

I think do

;)

I think do

'Excess All Areas' would get that honour

;)

I think do

'Excess All Areas' just pips that s/t album at the post for me, but my top 5 Shy songs of all time would all be on the s/t album with Small.

I... I don't think I've ever mentioned this before. I don't think. But this is my favourite Shy song ever, and one of my favourite songs ever:

;)

I think do

'Excess All Areas' just pips that s/t album at the post for me, but my top 5 Shy songs of all time would all be on the s/t album with Small.

I... I don't think I've ever mentioned this before. I don't think. But this is my favourite Shy song ever, and one of my favourite songs ever:

Yeah, Over You+ Stop (Phenomena) are my all time favorite songs and surely 4 from my top 5 shy songs are from the "black" album :crying: The other is "Emergency" which, most probably, incorporates my favorite verse ever.

My point is that I've listened to some lives with Small doing other Shy classics and he was really unfit!

I like this Streets Of Chance, though I admit the Mills' voice in full LPs 'excesses all areas' a bit... :rofl2: It's so peculiar that ends up distracting. But in small doses (mixed with other bands in my customized track lists) he has great stuff.

As a whole my fave of Shy is Excess All Areas, but Unfinished Business is very good too:

I like this Streets Of Chance, though I admit the Mills' voice in full LPs 'excesses all areas' a bit... :rofl2: It's so peculiar that ends up distracting. But in small doses (mixed with other bands in my customized track lists) he has great stuff.

As a whole my fave of Shy is Excess All Areas, but Unfinished Business is very good too:

Yes, I am Mr. compilation! Lol There are a couple of really good songs that will fit on my mix tape! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...