Cry Of Dawn feat. Göran Edman - s/t

Stefan

13731570_1109795792409804_65759358597053

Press release from Frontiers Music:

BREAKING NEWS: Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to present CRY OF DAWN, a new melodic rock/AOR project featuring Göran Edman on lead vocals and produced by Daniel Flores. The self-titled debut album will be released on September 23rd. For full details, check our website:http://www.frontiers.it/news/

CRY OF DAWN is a straight ahead AOR / melodic rock album that is a true feast for the ears of all lovers of this style of music. Picture hints of the likes of Night Ranger, Journey, Bad English and Starship and you'll get a sense of what is in store for you! Hear for yourself with an album sampler:

Pre-order details and first song COMING SOON!

• 2 weeks later...

He can be a bit hit or miss, ol' Edman, but it sounds like he's on a real winner here. Those two songs are great - looking forward to this for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure this album gonna satisfy many, well I'm one, for sure :D

Three faves here are 'When Right Is Wrong', 'Tell It To My Heart', and 'Hands Around My Heart'

Some great songs here folks and overall a very consistent album, try it out

• 1 month later...

He can be a bit hit or miss, ol' Edman, but it sounds like he's on a real winner here. Those two songs are great - looking forward to this for sure.

And rightly so. This is a really good album. Heard it last night from start to finish without even thinking of hitting the skip button. Doesn't happen much these days. Very fine album, and looking forward to many more spins.

It seems like he toys with us a bit, Mr Edman. No doubt he has this kind of excellence in him, but he only seems to unleash it at extremely sparing moments.

Euro melodic rock ? isn't that 99% of what we listened to today ? :D

Agree! But this could/should have been better.

Wimpy Melodic Eurock, I like some of it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm with the Geoffadillo on this one. REALLY enjoying the heck out of the album.

Yeah, it's proper nice.

Cheesey euro melodic rock with accented vocals.

Pass

I thought I was tripping, but went back and checked the Crash The System thread from about 87 years ago, and I did notice (as I thought) that you were very fond of that album, Edman's vocals and all. Surprised you have an issue with him now on this very fine album. And you never liked Street Talk or Kharma? Or Malmsteen's 'Eclipse?'

Sure Glen forgot who Goran Edman is, can't fight age you know :D

It was a very odd comment to make. Accent or not, I feel like Goran Edman has been around long enough, and been part of enough good projects to transcend a slight accent. I, for one, would have his voice no other way. He's unique, and like I say, 30 years down the line he's definitely earned his place in "the genre."