Raintimes - s/t

Stefan

12670516_1045632748826109_38324805805002

Press release:

Raintimes is a new Melodic Rock project band featuring two young and talented Italian musicans, Pierpaolo “Zorro” Monti (Charming Grace, Shining Line) and Davide Barbieri (Wheels of Fire, Charming Grace), together with the awesome singer Michael Shotton (Von Groove) and also featuring Sven Larsson, Andrea Gipponi and Ivan Gonzalez.

“Raintimes is an album that I really wanted to use as a tribute to show my love and admiration for The Storm,” says Pierpaolo Monti. “I have played to death their two albums (especially “Eye of the Storm”): their mid-tempos, steeped in pure melodic class, are the perfect crossroad between AOR and Melodic Rock. The choice of Shotton as frontman however was based not only on my admiration for his talents, but because I wanted to give a strong personality to the album and make the music more personal and original.”

A few demos were sent to the attention of Frontiers President Serafino Perugino, who was really excited with what he heard and decided to give a chance to these talented guys from Northern Italy.

"I'm absolutely thrilled about this partnership with Frontiers," says Zorro. "We are still finding it hard to believe that Raintimes will be part of its great roster, which features some of the most iconic and influential artists of the past and present international rock scene." "Frontiers represents with no doubts a big step forward in our careers," Dave adds. "We're absolutely honored to release our debut album under this renowned brand, which is well-known for offering premimum quality rock music to all the fans worldwide!"

The duo Monti – Barbieri (together with Dave Zublena) incidentally penned the awesome song “Love Gets Through” on the upcoming FIRST SIGNAL album, “One Step Over the Line” to be released on Frontiers Music Srl in June.

Raintimes debut album is expected to be released in early 2017.

I wish we could get another Von Groove album, but at least Michael Shotton is still active. Yes

• My Little Pony

Wow "early 2017". So far away I have already forgotten.

Yeah, should we start an "Upcoming 2017 Releases" thread? Stefan? ;}

Anything with Shotton is worth a listen. Looking forward to it, but seriously - Raintimes. Seriously?

Why don't bands just skip the niceties and call themselves Faggot?

Seriously, if you're thinking Raintimes is a good band name, STOP! For fuck's sake, don't torture anyone. Just call yourself Faggot. It'll just make it easier on everyone else.

And same goes for all these other terrible band names. Those bands should all just be called Faggot1, Faggot2, Faggot3... you get my point.

It'd just be easier that way.

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...

RAINTIMES-COVER-HI.jpg

From Frontiers:

NEW SONG & VIDEO ALERT: Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce the upcoming release of the debut album from Raintimes, a new melodic rock project featuring two young and talented Italian musicans, Pierpaolo “Zorro” Monti (Charming Grace, Shining Line) and Davide Barbieri (Wheels of Fire, Charming Grace) together with the awesome singer Michael Shotton (Von Groove). It also features Sven Larsson, Andrea Gipponi, and Ivan Gonzalez. The debut release will be out on December 1, 2017

Pierpaolo “Zorro” Monti says, "'Forever Gone' is a very special song that I begun writing during the sessions of my Shining Line debut. I continued writing the song with the idea of making "The Storm" album, I asked Dave to add a few parts to complete its structure, and recorded the first demo the same day. We were very excited of the final result! Raintimes is an album that I really wanted to use as a tribute to my love and admiration for “The Storm” I have played to death their two albums (especially “Eye of the Storm”). Their tempos, steeped in pure melodic class, are the perfect crossroad between AOR and Melodic Rock. The choice of Shotton as frontman was based not only on my admiration for his talents, but because I wanted to give a strong personality to the album and make the music more personal and original.”

A few demos were sent to Frontiers’ President Serafino Perugino, who enjoyed what he heard and gave the talented guys from Northern Italy an opportunity to showcase their talent.

Fun fact for all the melodic rock aficionados out there: the duo of Monti and Barbieri (together with Dave Zublena) actually penned the awesome song “Love Gets Through” from the FIRST SIGNAL album, “One Step Over the Line” released on Frontiers Music Srl in June 2016.

TRACKLISTING:

1. Forever Gone
2. Make My Day
3. Don’t Ever Give Up
4. Swan
5. I Need Tonight
6. Raintimes
7. Just A Little Bit More
8. Empty Days
9. Together As Friends
10. Missing Piece
11. I See The Light

PRODUCED BY: Davide Barbieri & Pierpaolo Monti
STUDIO: PriStudio
RECORDED BY: Davide Barbieri & Pierpaolo Monti
MIXED BY: Roberto Priori
MASTERED BY: Roberto Priori

BAND MEMBERS:
Michael Shotton – Lead & Backing Vocals
Iván González – Lead & Rhythm Guitars
Sven Larsson - Lead & Rhythm Guitars
Davide Barbieri - Keyboards & Backing Vocals
Andrea Gipponi - Bass & Fretless Bass
Pierpaolo Monti – Drums & Percussion

SPECIAL GUESTS:
Niclas Olsson - Keyboards on “I Need Tonight”
Philip Lindstrand - Backing Vocals on “I Need Tonight”
Alessandro Del Vecchio: Keyboards & Backing Vocals on “Just A Little Bit More”
Erica Trovato: Backing Vocals on “Together As Friends”
Jesús Espín: Backing Vocals on “Missing Piece”
Daniel Flores: Percussion on “I See The Light”
Michele Luppi: Keyboards on “I See The Light”

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good to see Sven Larsson back. I have always liked him from the Street Talk days. I think he is one of the finest guitarist out there in this genre. Technically very talented. His guitar solos with Steet Talk was one reason why I loved the band so dearly. I still do. Hope they release an album one day.

As far as this new band/project is concerned, I havent really liked any of the songs so far. Average tunes. But that being said, will have to listen to the whole album first before dismissing the album.