2016 ratings (so far)

PeterS

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First Signal ahead of those.

Fact. And Magic Dance and Wigelius.

I should clarify, when I say there were no stand-out, what I mean by that. My top 10 I rated from 84% to 88% which means they are all stand-out albums, but of those 10, it's quite tricky to really say one or two blew the bollocks of the others.

Id say there were 2 clear standouts. Defiants & Vega.

Ha, the 3 best tracks they made the last couple of years (at least from the published ones) aren't in their latest, except the Japanese bonus. The others are Face To Face And Midnight Memories from Find Me. :D

I should clarify, when I say there were no stand-out, what I mean by that. My top 10 I rated from 84% to 88% which means they are all stand-out albums, but of those 10, it's quite tricky to really say one or two blew the bollocks of the others.

Dont get the raving over Magic Dance....its nice enough but better than the Defiants?? Not for me.

Dont get the raving over Magic Dance....its nice enough but better than the Defiants?? Not for me.

Agree!

Agree!

Wigelius > Magic Dance > The Defiants ( of course the distance from MD to Defiants is way longer than Wigelius to MD, you read it here first! :D )

Agree!

Wigelius > Magic Dance > The Defiants ( of course the distance from MD to Defiants is way longer than Wigelius to MD, you read it here first! :D )

And there was me thinking u liked all those obscure metal albums

Agree!

And there was me thinking u liked all those obscure metal albums

With every changing season I'll give you one more reason... (Von Groove) :D

Btw, what happened with them, they managed to release my absolute favorite track from them ( I can't stop loving you) and disappeared!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've played today my top 10 of 2016!

90ub8o.jpg

Look Geoff whats nestled in there....your favourite album ;)

Nordic Union? Completely out of place, hey?

• My Little Pony

90ub8o.jpg

I just love that his top ten is only nine.

90ub8o.jpg

The only one out of place is the middle one

90ub8o.jpg

Don't you hate Magic Dance more than life itself?

But Cry of Dawn is excellent.

And yeah, lol @ the top 10 being a top 9. Hadn't noticed.

90ub8o.jpg

Don't you hate Magic Dance more than life itself?

But Cry of Dawn is excellent.

And yeah, lol @ the top 10 being a top 9. Hadn't noticed.

Magic Dance is the best of the synth stuff. Not amazing but very nice. And much better than COD

Disliking Treat???

Yeah, interesting, because I love it more with each spin.

Yeah, I thought it was underwhelming on the first few spins. I'm such a huge fan of the back catalog and also Coupe that I left it in the car for a few months. One of the greatest bands of all time with some of my favourite songs ever, and also the band that made the best comeback after a long hiatus.

Must have listened to it around 50 times by now and I honestly think it's not very good. Throw in some 'expectation' and I have to say it's one of the biggest disappointments in recent history. I might post my thoughts in the Treat thread to explain. I've deliberately not listed to it for a couple of months and now given it 5 spins again with fresh ears and I don't get why it's pretty much one of the top 3 CDs from last year according to most on this site.

I also defended it's title when the album was announced......wrong....I now think it fits perfectly and was the warning that many predicted!

Maybe the disappointment came from wanting the new album to be better than 'Coup' or the back catalogue. Scorewise, yes the new album is weaker or lower, but if you treat it as a new artist with a new album, i think it's still a fine one, and maybe one of the reasons is because you spin it more than 50 times, well i guess not many albums can stand that many spins without us being exhausted or tired of it :D

Its better than Coup imo. I never play Coup....not sure y

Jeez mate, not sure about that one. Give 'Ghost of Graceland' the same amount of time as you've given 'Coup' and then see how they fare. I like both albums, but imo 'Coup' is considerably better.

Its better than Coup imo. I never play Coup....not sure y

Jeez mate, not sure about that one. Give 'Ghost of Graceland' the same amount of time as you've given 'Coup' and then see how they fare. I like both albums, but imo 'Coup' is considerably better.

I dont like the sound of Coup very much....i prefer the more classic sound of Ghosts.