2016 ratings (so far)

PeterS

Its better than Coup imo. I never play Coup....not sure y

Jeez mate, not sure about that one. Give 'Ghost of Graceland' the same amount of time as you've given 'Coup' and then see how they fare. I like both albums, but imo 'Coup' is considerably better.

I dont like the sound of Coup very much....i prefer the more classic sound of Ghosts.

Correct in that summation ;)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez mate, not sure about that one. Give 'Ghost of Graceland' the same amount of time as you've given 'Coup' and then see how they fare. I like both albums, but imo 'Coup' is considerably better.

I dont like the sound of Coup very much....i prefer the more classic sound of Ghosts.

Where on earth did this suddenly come from? You've been singing 'Coup's praises basically since the day you heard it, right up until as far as I understand, the last post you made on it, before these last two? What the duece? You don't like the sound of 'Coup?' What? When?! ;)

Where on earth did this suddenly come from? You've been singing 'Coup's praises basically since the day you heard it, right up until as far as I understand, the last post you made on it, before these last two? What the duece? You don't like the sound of 'Coup?' What? When?! ;)

If you read the treat thread i mentioned it a few times and as far back as Feb 2016.

Look dont get me wrong most of the songs on Coup are very good, its just i prefer the more classic sounding Ghosts. Coup was quite raw and heavy whereas Ghosts harks back more to DH.

Imho.

I absolutely love both album too, but I also agree that 'Coup' is a far better album, imo.

I absolutely love both album too, but I also agree that 'Coup' is a far better album, imo.

Is that 'far better' like Tough it Out is 3% better than Indiscreet ;)

• My Little Pony

Holy shit! That much better?!!

Don't be silly. This time it's 3.2%!!

Like I was saying in that other thread, though, that despite these silly ratings, when personal preference comes into it I much prefer 'Tough it out' and 'Coup.' I assume each album just has a couple of weaker tunes amongst the gems, to bring the overall score down a little.

IMO Coup slaughters Ghosts...... and I LOVE Ghosts.

:woot:

+1

+2